blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Really bad news.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really bad news.  (Read 7148 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »

oh lord.

Dear Adrian.

You have a World Cup Winner who the British public have almost certainly never seen being a pundit before and who could be really interesting.

And you've opened with 'what was it like to win the world cup'

Just fuck off and die, will you?

And tell Lee Dixon that Fabio Cannavaro cannot be someone you looked up to as a young lad given you're substantially older than him.

I know it's daft, but that comment makes me a bit sad.

Ignore me. I'm old.

youre right. silly thing to say. apologies

To be fair, the whole thread is tilting.  It is very much first world problems, it isn't even news, never mind the really bad variant. 

Surely you can just start watching at kick off, get a cup of tea, or crack open the beers at half time

I agree to a certain extent - Chiles/Townsend don't bother me.  However, ITV's track record of sticking an advert on and missing a goal is a worry, because they can't stop some chimp pressing the wrong button at the wrong time.  I think I've experienced some kind of ITV disaster 3 times in the last decade.  A england match, a merseyside derby and a grand prix.  It's the basic lack of broadcasting competence that bugs me.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »

Great commentating by Tyldesley and Townsend for the Uruguay penalty. Amazed the ref gave it for handball when it clearly hit Lugano's hand. Took them ages to work out it might have been for the blatant rugby tackle on Lugano and even then only grudgingly admitted the ref got it right "by hook or by crook".

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »

Great commentating by Tyldesley and Townsend for the Uruguay penalty. Amazed the ref gave it for handball when it clearly hit Lugano's hand. Took them ages to work out it might have been for the blatant rugby tackle on Lugano and even then only grudgingly admitted the ref got it right "by hook or by crook".

John Champion over here. Not sure who the analyst is tbh. The important thing is who it isn't.

Edit: Stewart Robson apparently

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

Anyone else pleasantly surprised at Cannavaro?

Good punditry.

Agree with Tighty re Ferdinand and Henry being a great pairing.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

oh lord.

Dear Adrian.

You have a World Cup Winner who the British public have almost certainly never seen being a pundit before and who could be really interesting.

And tell Lee Dixon that Fabio Cannavaro cannot be someone you looked up to as a young lad given you're substantially older than him.

Ignore me. I'm old.

To be fair, the whole thread is tilting.  It is very much first world problems, it isn't even news, never mind the really bad variant. 

Surely you can just start watching at kick off, get a cup of tea, or crack open the beers at half time

I agree to a certain extent - Chiles/Townsend don't bother me.  However, ITV's track record of sticking an advert on and missing a goal is a worry, because they can't stop some chimp pressing the wrong button at the wrong time.  I think I've experienced some kind of ITV disaster 3 times in the last decade.  A england match, a merseyside derby and a grand prix.  It's the basic lack of broadcasting competence that bugs me.

To be fair, I miss a lot of the build ups anyway, particularly the early games when the kids are around.  But even if I catch the punditry, I am like woohoo it is the World Cup, and any amount of bad punditry isn't going to make that bad news.  Now if it wa son BTSport or something like that it would get closer. 

And for David3103, it isn't the opinions that tilt, it is mainly the thread title.  First couple of times I opened it I was expecting to hear of some dreadful death(s) somewhere.       

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2014, 11:01:42 PM »

Come back ITV, all is forgiven.

Mary Berry/Bake-Off thing. Urgh.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 02:01:53 AM »

Can't believe such irrelevant shit bothers people so much tbh, its just a bit of chit chat before the main event innit?  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:29:45 AM by Woodsey » Logged
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 02:15:33 AM »

oh lord.

Dear Adrian.

Ignore me. I'm old.

To be fair, I miss a lot of the build ups anyway, particularly the early games when the kids are around.  But even if I catch the punditry, I am like woohoo it is the World Cup, and any amount of bad punditry isn't going to make that bad news.  Now if it wa son BTSport or something like that it would get closer. 

And for David3103, it isn't the opinions that tilt, it is mainly the thread title.  First couple of times I opened it I was expecting to hear of some dreadful death(s) somewhere.       

Yeah hyperbole should be banned. Scourge of the world. People indulging in it should be jailed.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 02:17:59 AM »

Really impressed with Henry

Phil Nevillie less so. Who gave him the gig? Awful

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:01 AM »

Disagree a lot with Neville comment, thought his analysis was spot on about everything.

He is rather monotone, but the content was great IMO.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:01 AM »

phil neville desperately needed media training to help with his intonation and inflections, felt for him

as it was he sounded as if he was broadcasting on a call of duty microphone on a team deathmatch on a xbox, so muffled and monotone he was

who gave him the most important co-commentator gig for four years? backfired badly

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 02:26:49 AM »

Disagree a lot with Neville comment, thought his analysis was spot on about everything.

His content was poor. Nothing insightful. Just dull.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 02:38:06 AM »

Has Phil Neville co-commentated before?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:29 AM »

His content was poor. Nothing insightful. Just dull.

Still, he was better than Townsend. Could always switch to the radio commentary, but then you get Alan Green on BBC or Stan Collymore on the van driver's station.

If only there were an option somewhere to just have the noise of the crowd.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 09:49:30 AM »

If only there were an option somewhere to just have the noise of the crowd.

You could on the red button, but then it wasn't  in HD.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: