blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 144789 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2015, 01:29:24 AM »

does anyone think of the 5 players that left last summer in big money deals shaw,lallana,lovern,chambers,lambert, that any have furthered there career. Lambert will likely move on during the summer but atleast he got a year at his boyhood club. shaw and chambers have gone backward IMHO they arent going to get the game time they would of at southampton and this will hamper there progression, it wouldnt surprise me to see either or both loaned out next season to get them game time
lambert got the chance to play for his boyhood team but likely going to find himself playing championship football for rest of career now.
lovern started off badly, seemingly finding it hard to settle but at the saints he settled straight away, lost his place in team and although he looked better at the tail end of season didnt look half the player he did at the saints
lallana injury started him off slowly started to look like he was going to come onto his game but just kept flattering to deceive, i think he has done his england chances alot of harm moving to liverpool and will need to improve alot to earn a place in the euro16 squad

this summer we look like we might lose 2 players in schnederlin and clyne. clyne has stated he would stay at saints if he can keep his place in england team, well a move away might harm his chances more than staying put if last seasonss movers are anything to go by. currently he is a mile ahead of any other player for the RB slot in the england team
morgan has come out with he is only going to move to a ECL team i can only see him going to arsenal in this country

will the fate of last seasons transfers out make it more likely we could keep our players this season?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »

What a fantastic season. Excited to see some European football at St. Marys later this year.

Think your being a little harsh on last years transfers Iron. Lallana had some injuries and I thought looked good when fit. Lambert will retire at Liverpool when his contract expires at the end of next season. No idea why Lovren struggled and Chambers got usurped by the brilliant Bellerin. I think Clyne and Schneiderlin should be the only meaningful exits this Summer. Need 7 or 8 more for sure though so the 'black box' team will be busy.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2015, 12:44:27 AM »

i am just hoping saints get caley thistle in the euro draw so i can get to see them, would hate them to draw aberdeen though

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »

ffs silly season is started again

wanyama is latest player to be linked with a move away
seemingly arsenal want him as they cant afford morgan with man u  and PSG in the hunt for him

overs/unders on players going out at over 10 million in transfer fee i am hoping we can avoid it going over 2 this year but think it could be 4 or more

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »

http://www.brandfinance.com/news/press_releases/footballs-first-billion-dollar-brand-not-barcelona-manchester-united

The Saints Go Marching On

Southampton is one of them and is this year’s fastest growing brand. The Saints’ brand value is up 89% to $183 million. However Southampton has been more than a passive beneficiary of booming broadcast revenues. Ronald Koeman has masterminded a 7th place finish that means a club facing administration in 2009 and playing in the third tier of English football in 2010 can look forward to European football next season and the chance to build its own brand on the international

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »

Not seen anything announced yet but wiki has listed jaunami of Malaga present club as Southampton could be someone jumping the gun

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 16, 2015, 11:57:30 PM »

Out 0 In 1

Please keep this up

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »

portugues RB deal signed today could it be a sign clyne is off to liverpool?

Out 0 in 2

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2015, 08:47:15 PM »

Nice to see us getting business done early. Too often in the past, we have come back from pre-season tours and then signed 3-4 first teamers a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Pelle, Long, J-Rod, Juanmi, Gallagher looks like plenty of options up front. Work to be done in all other areas.

Happy enough with £15 million for Clyne as that looks like ending up being the figure. Certainly on the low end of my valuation for an English right back but if he wants to go then so be it. Expect him to do very well at Liverpool and with England.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2015, 08:59:55 PM »

Keeper in on loan cover for Ff ideal

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2015, 10:50:08 AM »

Soon to be ex-Saints XI (4-1-3-2) -- Boruc; Clyne, Chambers, Lovren, Shaw; Schneiderlin; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Bale; Lambert, Walcott

remarkable job done to keep the club moving forward with this lot gone

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2015, 10:43:01 PM »

1 out 3 in

21:48

BREAKING NEWS

Nathaniel Clyne will complete his move from Southampton to Liverpool tomorrow for around £12.5m, according to Sky sources.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »

Soon to be ex-Saints XI (4-1-3-2) -- Boruc; Clyne, Chambers, Lovren, Shaw; Schneiderlin; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Bale; Lambert, Walcott

remarkable job done to keep the club moving forward with this lot gone

i think most teams in EPL would like a squad like that with 9 or 10 of them classed as HG aswell could let the rest of the squad be filled with top players from round the world for the foreseasble future

if only the saints could afford 100-300k a week players instead of 60k

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2015, 08:09:30 AM »

Neither Utd or the gunners have tabled a bid for Morgan yet, he turned up for first day of preseason training with the u21s yesterday. Still has 2 years on his contract and he is happy to stay with saints this year unless a ecl team make an appropriate bid

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »

saw this today

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: