blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  moorman1 Wins 24th PocketFives Triple Crown
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: moorman1 Wins 24th PocketFives Triple Crown  (Read 35165 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »

Chris' book is out next week, launched in London

blonde will have 5 signed copies for a competition, so watch this space for next week

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »

The book is on track for publication in November. It's 90% delivered and will go to print in a few weeks.

As part of the publishing Moorman will be doing interviews etc

When I get my turn, what should I ask him?

What happened to the jacket?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »

I think moorman is great. A big inspiration, role model and I'm a big fanboy but is he allowed to say most successful on the front cover?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2014, 04:58:27 PM »

I think moorman is great. A big inspiration, role model and I'm a big fanboy but is he allowed to say most successful on the front cover?

Of course he is allowed, I would be allowed to say i was the most successful player on my own book cover too. Wouldnt be true of course, but who would prevent it?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »

where does it say he is the most successful on the front cover?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »

the previous cover had biggest, the newest one has it changed to most successful.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 05:06:17 PM »

the previous cover had biggest, the newest one has it changed to most successful.

Newest one also is going for a teasing chest hair pic too
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

Of course he is allowed, I would be allowed to say i was the most successful player on my own book cover too. Wouldnt be true of course, but who would prevent it?

I guess.

Good luck anyway Chris, hope it's a success (no pun intended)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »

Ok sorry.  Didn't realise the two pictures were different.  He is the most successful online mtt winner in history though isn't he?  Who has cashed for more than him in online mtt's? (In before total cashes don't include buyins etc etc and it prove's nothing ala hendon mob)

Is the book just about improving your mtt online game or is it more of an autobiography?  Would probably buy it if it was the latter and not the former.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:18:04 PM by arbboy » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2014, 05:11:22 PM »

I guess.

Good luck anyway Chris, hope it's a success (no pun intended)

Quite fortunate you didn't intend a pun, because you didn't do one.

Click to see full-size image.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

I'm also a huge Chris Moorman fan (genuinely), but anyone wondering why he isn't sponsored probably only needs to check this thread. I think I've written more on a post-it note.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »

I'm also a huge Chris Moorman fan (genuinely), but anyone wondering why he isn't sponsored probably only needs to check this thread. I think I've written more on a post-it note.

This post seems more than slightly unreasonable to me and perhaps even more unnecessary.

Chris has never been a prolific blonde poster and that has been less so over the years with his online and live commitments combined with his travel schedule. He has however done an 'In the well' on blonde.

I've only spoken to Chris a few times and he's always come off as a very well meaning guy irl and I've never heard anything of the contrary from anyone in poker when Chris's name has come up which is very rare these days.

This thread was created by Tighty and someone messaged Chris to let him know it existed. He took the time to come and answer questions and I was pleased at his honest responses, particularly with regard to his stable as it always intrigued me that everyone I talked to a while back was backed by Moor. He also came back 5/6 days later to reply to some more posts.

He hasn't done the hard sell at all on here with his book. He could have definitely done that if he wanted and blonde would have supported him but that's seemingly not his style and fair play for that.

Maybe he is someone that doesn't want limelight and a sponsorship deal. Maybe he is someone who hasn't been offered one because he doesn't thrive under media spotlight. Who knows? I don't recall him mentioning that he was upset because he doesn't have a deal somewhere. Reputation wise there are few who are more deserving and I think to the Blonde community, that matters most.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »

This post seems more than slightly unreasonable to me and perhaps even more unnecessary.

Chris has never been a prolific blonde poster and that has been less so over the years with his online and live commitments combined with his travel schedule. He has however done an 'In the well' on blonde.

I've only spoken to Chris a few times and he's always come off as a very well meaning guy irl and I've never heard anything of the contrary from anyone in poker when Chris's name has come up which is very rare these days.

This thread was created by Tighty and someone messaged Chris to let him know it existed. He took the time to come and answer questions and I was pleased at his honest responses, particularly with regard to his stable as it always intrigued me that everyone I talked to a while back was backed by Moor. He also came back 5/6 days later to reply to some more posts.

He hasn't done the hard sell at all on here with his book. He could have definitely done that if he wanted and blonde would have supported him but that's seemingly not his style and fair play for that.

Maybe he is someone that doesn't want limelight and a sponsorship deal. Maybe he is someone who hasn't been offered one because he doesn't thrive under media spotlight. Who knows? I don't recall him mentioning that he was upset because he doesn't have a deal somewhere. Reputation wise there are few who are more deserving and I think to the Blonde community, that matters most.

Smiley

Sorry if it came across that way, it wasn't my intention. I meant much the same as you really, that it's just not what he's cut out for or seems to want. Might be wrong but seemed a pretty decent illustration of this to me.

He's been in mags I've worked on many times and at no point has been anything other than a really genuinely nice guy. He's also been about as reliable as BT internet.

But I didn't for one minute mean to suggest that made him a bad person. Apologies if it came across that way.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »

FWIW as someone who has worked in poker media for over 10 years now I think there is an awful lot of b****cks talked about player's having a duty to promote the game. Absolute crap. They have no duty to us whatsoever, and I am and was always grateful for players taking the time to talk to me. Even the sponsored ones. Their duty is still not to the media, it's to their sponsors.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »

FWIW as someone who has worked in poker media for over 10 years now I think there is an awful lot of b****cks talked about player's having a duty to promote the game. Absolute crap. They have no duty to us whatsoever, and I am and was always grateful for players taking the time to talk to me. Even the sponsored ones. Their duty is still not to the media, it's to their sponsors.

This does not apply to Chris if he is not sponsored, but I would have thought these two things were aligned?

If I owned a Poker Site & employed a Pro, I would expect him to be all over the Poker Media trying to raise the profile of my site.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: