blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Best line/ Limped Pot (SB) Monster Draw
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best line/ Limped Pot (SB) Monster Draw  (Read 1134 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »

I don't like my line in this hand, i just got really lucky OTR. It is 40nl.

2 players involved in the hand are pretty "fishy", wondering how people would play  this hand?

If we check flop, there is a good chance it checks around. I was thinking bet bet, bomb river when we hit.

Player A - Is really passive, puts in small bets and folds/ or donks small and folds to a raise.

Player B - He is calling most bets without 1 over/ gut shot anything basically. 2 hands from player B, He calls of a river bet with K6, on KxxxA board, on Jack high board, he calls 2 streets with KQ (only 2 overs), and bets K river and gets called by AJ.

We have   in the SB.

Player A limps (UTG plus 1, player A is limping most pots, but does fold sometimes pre) £37 at start of hand
Player B Limps Cut Off (player B is limping 100% of hands/ raising decent hands, but seeing 100% of flops) £27 asoh

Button folds, we call - the BB is tight and is unlikely to raise. BB checks. Pot is £1.60.

Flop,  

Plan is bet, bet, bomb the river when we hit. We don't want to be bluffing player B, he calls so light. Only problem in the plan is when i miss.

We bet £0.8 BB folds, Player A/ B both call. Pot is £4.00. I don't like this bet sizing at all??

Turn  

Yeah, i'm starting to really not like this!

We bet £2.80, call, call, pot is £12.40.

River  

I just give up and check

Player A bets £1.60 Maniac B folds!! That's my big threat away.

I raise to £9.60 and player A folds.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:42:41 PM by shipitgood » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:08:12 PM »

How much is in your stack and are you nine handed?

Half pot->2/3pot->c/raise seems a bit funky. Surely you'd bet more on the turn with JT no clubs?

Just get better at hitting IMO

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »

How much is in your stack and are you nine handed?

Half pot->2/3pot->c/raise seems a bit funky. Surely you'd bet more on the turn with JT no clubs?

Just get better at hitting IMO

We have £46 at the start of the hand, 5 handed.

100% agree with your last point:)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »

I think I'd go for a c/r bomb/bomb line if i was going to be bluffing, and set it up so the last bet is an All-In bet.

If i wasn't gonna go for that I think I'd just c/call the flop and go from there, I don't think this is a great leading hand as bet/bet/bet makes it quite easy to be called unless you go 3 chunky bullets (you defo haven't bet big enough on any street) this can't be a bad hand to lead but I don't think when you consider the hands that will call 2 bullets its the best way to play the hand.

I also think that you shouldn't bet the river 100% when you miss (even though you have only T high) I think your default after bet/bet/end up with zero showdown should be to bluff but you have to find some occasions (like you did here) to not fire - for both theoretical and vacuum reasons (you'll be bluffing too much, and sometimes they are defo gonna call!)

Your line works OTR exploitativly because the guy has bet so small but I don't think because of your b/size OTT you rep JT all that well... the river play is cool "on the street" poker though and shows a fair bit of creativity trying to win pots you shouldnt really be winning when you get given an opportunity to vwp for that imo - this is a good hand.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: