blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:45:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  GPS Tracking Help Required Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GPS Tracking Help Required Please  (Read 1657 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:12:47 PM »

One of my current ventures is a Leaflet Distribution and Marketing company and I am looking for advice/help on the topic.

Basically I have a team of droppers out there during the day and would like to track them with the information available to the client either same day or within 48 hours in this kind of format

So that the client can be sure the dropper has actually covred the area that we have agreed with the leaflets provided.

Does anyone have any experience of these kind of systems or can recommend one?

I have found plenty of GPS trackers available but not the software side.

If anyone can help I would be grateful but as a new start company I am not looking to outlay chunks initially if possible.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »

Probably not the best solution and I have no proper experience with GPS solutions for business, but for a cheap option, could you use Google's My Tracks?   It's an android app and you can send the tracking data to a Google Drive account.  Seems to work pretty well, here's an example of a bike ride I did a couple of weeks ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WF2LrVv8hDbzdJaE8wQ1U0UU0/edit?usp=sharing

It details things pretty well and is free to use, although the mytracks homepage does suggest that it's no longer being developed.  It stores the usual stats too, quite nice for free.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »

http://www.redburst.com/home/letterbox-check.php

Googled 'leafleting tracker' - looks like it's targeted at your market, no idea on costs.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »

Thx for replies so far!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Definitely no need to thank me.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

Off the top of my head some kind of GPS sports watch / gadget might do this, I'm not sure in what detail they would display the routes though.  I see Mr Atkin uses something like this to show people on Facebook that he's not a lazy bastard.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »

Off the top of my head some kind of GPS sports watch / gadget might do this, I'm not sure in what detail they would display the routes though.  I see Mr Atkin uses something like this to show people on Facebook that he's not a lazy bastard.

Try mapmyrun, looks like they have an app that you can download for free.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »

I dread the day my employer starts to use this stuff....
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »

From my considerable experience with leaflet droppers, they all, sooner or later, claim to have delivered some that they have actually shoved down a grate or dumped behind a hedge.

I used to track mine by making random house calls in the streets that they were supposed to have covered.

The older I get, the better I was.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

I dread the day my employer starts to use this stuff....
Lolz I often wondered how you managed to get so much time off 

From my considerable experience with leaflet droppers, they all, sooner or later, claim to have delivered some that they have actually shoved down a grate or dumped behind a hedge.

I used to track mine by making random house calls in the streets that they were supposed to have covered.
Yeah Tom I do this now and in theory once you have a team working together with 1 team manager who you trust it's more likely they are dropped.

Now I do random spot checks on a few roads covered that last 72 hours by each dropper plus have some spotter addresses in each area that we look after and let us know what they receive from us and the dates etc.

The droppers are self employed and as we charge £30-£40 per thousand if you are with 2-3 other non competing leaflets or £90-£120 per thousand if you wish to be the sole leaflet we can afford to pay £60 per thousand so it's a figure that at least they feel it worthwhile to drop coupled with the fact a few of the droppers are mums who drop a few hours a day for a bit of pin money helps to know they are more likely to drop.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »

There is an iphone/android app called, wait for it......

Map my walk

That does exactly what you want, and it's free
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »

Cheers Barry and Tomo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: