blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:09:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Rfgqqabc WCOOP Challenge Weekend
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rfgqqabc WCOOP Challenge Weekend  (Read 11586 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:39 AM »

Hey guys, my name is Adam Picken, I've been a regular on this forum for a good couple of years now. I've been a professional poker player for just over a year, and have managed to climb my way through towards HSMTTs. I've spent a lot of this time in Budapest, surrounded by experienced professional players who have helped guide me, such as pleno1. This year I have had some good results including; winning the big 109 x2, 3rd in the 320 SKO, fted the 1k scoop progressive KO turbo, won a 1k on winamax. My NLHE results did take a while to take off, but I feel very confident in my game at the moment. Post Scoop I had a ~30k dowswing in tournaments, as well as losing in omaha 8 cash games, but since then have managed a full recovery. My Omaha and Omaha H/L game is always improving, I've recently taken on two horses for mtts in these variants, and both are primarily Omaha cash players with bundles of experience. I have done reasonably well over a small sample in Omaha tournaments, and hope to continue. I do play some omaha cash games on several skins, including a recent shot at 5/10 euros whilst I was 20 tabling! I'm relatively used to play high stakes now and have played a bunch of 10/20$ o8, a little bit of 10/20 euro omaha and some other big games. Live poker isn't particularly relevant but  I came 3rd in the GPS Grand Final last year, doing a chop with the chip lead and got 2nd in a deepstack. I also finalled the Omaha side event at the UKPC earlier in the year.

I play on many sites and game select reasonably well in my opinion, this typically means in every session I will play between 40-60 tournaments, sometimes up to 30 tabling at the same time. This weekend is a big one, and I will be looking at lowering my table count, and maximising my returns in these big comps on Stars. I will be playing other tournaments on the side, and I have kept my own action in other WCOOPc events that I think are lower variance. The deadline sat is only a possibility, and the Omaha, whilst probable, isn't 100%. I intend to buy in into the turbo and take a rebuy, and hope to make the addon after that, but I will take with my friends and come to the best conclusion about the strategy for this.

I filtered my results because Omaha H/L does make them look a touch better then they are, but I will also add that my 1k turbo PKO score isn't quite right because the bounty isn't correct. I don't want to post a list of all my screen names on a public forum, but if this was an issue for an investor, I'm sure we could work something out.

Click to see full-size image.

Event 2   215r turbo   615         
Event 4   8 max   1050         
Event 7   Omaha cubed   2030         
Event 9   Main   2100         
Event 9     deadline sat   700         

Total buyins   6495         
Markup   1.077752117      
Total   7000$      

I thought long and hard about markup, but having checked around the 2+2 forums, as a guide, I feel this is very reasonably priced. Most guys are playing a bunch of turbos and hypers and charging 1.22. Thats just not my style and I hope it feels reasonable. I'm confident it represents good value to investors.

I can accept Stars, Demonic16 (Boba Fett mask avvy, loc UK) or FTP Demonic16 (crocodile) or bank transfer. I am catching a flight this afternoon, so won't be able to give details out until later tonight. I will be doing my best to make sure I have at least 50% action in the tournaments above, however, it is possible I end up with less due to swaps. I will always try my hardest, and I wouldn't have thought it needed saying, but just to save any hassle if it comes out I had 44% or w.e.

10% has gone to a regular investor
5% Pads bought 5% he swapped.
20% currently for sale and happy to take 10% waitlist for more, I have sent a message to a friend on skype but he hasn't replied with an answer yet.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »

Can i take 5% may have to drop it to 2.5% but i would like the option of the whole hog! Smiley

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:26:39 AM »

Can i take 5% may have to drop it to 2.5% but i would like the option of the whole hog! Smiley
Yeh ofc, when can you let me know by? Min 1% is fine, don't mind if people want to chop a %.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »

Yeh ofc, when can you let me know by? Min 1% is fine, don't mind if people want to chop a %.

Ill let you know by end of today probably.

tbh i didnt even read the post just looked how much the package was. Deep down im hoping it says that ive backed you for a tiddlywinks tournament this weekend in budapest.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:05:12 AM »

5 please. Will send tonight. Thanks.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »

2.5 please

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »

Both booked, 7.5 left and 12.5 worth of waitlist

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »

2.5 please
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:16:56 PM »

rest + WL 5
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »

Whatevers left of WL please

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »

Cancel my WL to give Dan a chance then adam. If none opens up you can have a % sweat of my piece if u like Dan.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »

Dan can have my 5 if nobody else drops it I hVe 5+5 #teambudapest

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »

Cheers buddyyyyy, sent on stars

gl

willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »

WL a percent or two so I can get sweaty
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

Cancel my WL to give Dan a chance then adam. If none opens up you can have a % sweat of my piece if u like Dan.

If dans taking 5 from pads then his applies to rob
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: