blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:11:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package  (Read 40782 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »

That's an awesome story.  So glad he settled down once play got underway as when i shook his hand he was incredibly nervous just before the shuffle up and deal!  You can't buy advertising like that.  Imagine how many mates/work mates/guys down the pub he will tell that story to over the next year.

Exactly that. And there were a dozen more like him, & they all had an absolute blast.

Pre-tourney, yeah, he was almost shaking with nerves.

Bit odd really, I can empathise with that, I still suffer terribly nerves at the start of "big" events. Which is no big deal, but when some pimply sort says "you must have Aces old man, your hands are shaking", it don't help much. It embarrasses me acutely, actually, maybe that is the whole idea, though I don't credit such sorts with the guile or intelligence to think at that level.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2014, 05:03:53 PM »

That's an awesome story.  So glad he settled down once play got underway as when i shook his hand he was incredibly nervous just before the shuffle up and deal!  You can't buy advertising like that.  Imagine how many mates/work mates/guys down the pub he will tell that story to over the next year.

Exactly that. And there were a dozen more like him, & they all had an absolute blast.

Pre-tourney, yeah, he was almost shaking with nerves.

Bit odd really, I can empathise with that, I still suffer terribly nerves at the start of "big" events. Which is no big deal, but when some pimply sort says "you must have Aces old man, your hands are shaking", it don't help much. It embarrasses me acutely, actually, maybe that is the whole idea, though I don't credit such sorts with the guile or intelligence to think at that level.

When you said i was from Stoke and i said hello he just looked at me as if to say 'this guy isn't from stoke' because of my non stoke accent.  Think he was wondering what the hell was going on!  In contrast he had possibly the thickest stoke accent you could ever have.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2014, 05:39:30 PM »

5 fig makeup totes standard teeks!

I've ran well to have never been in too much given what I play. But better players who play lower stakes have got in more than that and out again multiple times over!

Well yes, I suppose so, but my point was not that, it was the fear of getting out of make up that had me scratching my head in the specific cases I alluded to.

Even so, try explaiing 5 figure make-up to a non poker player, or a random in Tesco, & you'll get some funny looks.

Why would anyone fear getting out of make up?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

".....one of the best days of my lifewhat can i say,simply amazing,

i arrived at 11.30 with the wife me bro and his lady stood at the door for about 5 mins just taking it all in spotted Tikay talking to some grumpy guy at the merchandise counter he walked past me i didn't,t dare say owt(was abit nervous tbh)next thing i know im sat down with a bunch of chips the lad to my right had a sky poker badge sewn into his shirt i thought oh dear and it proved as he was raising nearly every pot in any position i re-raised him a couple of time to try and stop him nicking my blinds,it worked when he folded but it didn't stop him raising the next hand, top player very aggro his name is Alves.

Spotted Tikay laughing and joking with other players he walked past this time i introduced myself wow he was actually looking for me i was speechless.

the 1st break came went out for a ciggie when Tikay came out with Jen mason he introduced her, i mean cmon, then he introduce me to Tommyd lambert and mattbates had abit of banter then as i was going back in a lad spotted me badge it was MAXALLY,Al you were great m8 putting my mind at ease.sat back down,pretty card dead tried to keep me stack won a couple of pots the another break this time Tikay grabs me and say i want you to meet a couple of his friends,this is Willie Tann and this is Neil Channing i nearly fell over had a small chat, neil thought i played for Stoke Smiley

then Tikay introduced me to Poshcole,spent some time with posh(steve) thoroughly decent guy moved tables had 30 bigs been card dead got to level 8 20 bigs shove time waiting for a spot 55 allin, call aq,queen on flop,out,i didn't,t mind, looking at the play it was so aggressive i didn't,t see one unraised pot pre flop and that was the difference from what used too.

Tikay,you sir were simply awesome made me feel like a king really made my day giving me encouragement at every opportunity,you really are Mr  Poker and the the whole scene wouldn't,t be the same without you,thank you with all my heartR Craig,what a man stood there all day thx bro,mrs stokefc enjoyed it too bonusHad a great Friday in Nottingham (from what i can remember)on the way home met f-ivanovich on the train bonus

thanks to sky poker and DTD for holding this event and for letting this mere mortal to have his day in the sun absolutely fantastic,Thanks for all the support on this thread

MAXALLY is a forum god Smiley

Sean"

I really appreciated you taking some time at the start to try & settle him down. I know you are getting a bit of heat, but you showed this lad great respect, & it meant a lot to him.

"One of the best days of my life", how about that?

The whole thread, for those interested, is here......

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3ab2a85f30-ee28-4054-862f-6b5f9dac9df1&plckCurrentPage=0

Fantastic! You do a great job at this Tony I must say. Although the lad on my table you referred to as a young Gary Glitter might not have felt the same. Pleased you introduced me to him though right after Thewy... This is Julian, EPT Winner, Sky Poker pro, GUKPT, UKIPT Champion, etc etc.  this is Greg, well he's a nothing really.  Helped the image :-)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »

lol. arrboy, you come across like such a hypocrite here in what you say, dont get how you can slag one guy and be so insulting towards him because he knocked you out, but sing and applaud the other, when they seem to be exactly the same type of player, because he had a good time and enjoyed the experience.
you seem to be going on about how important it is to be nice to people in the game yet youve take up 3 pages on this thread slating some other guy, pasting his hendon mob and generally going against everything you have talked about with Tikay. find it laughable really.

*ill apologize to Tikay here, as i haven't meant to spoil the theme of the thread, as its great to see guys like this playing these comps. But something needed to be said, and im sure others are feeling the same.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »

5 fig makeup totes standard teeks!

I've ran well to have never been in too much given what I play. But better players who play lower stakes have got in more than that and out again multiple times over!

Well yes, I suppose so, but my point was not that, it was the fear of getting out of make up that had me scratching my head in the specific cases I alluded to.

Even so, try explaiing 5 figure make-up to a non poker player, or a random in Tesco, & you'll get some funny looks.

Why would anyone fear getting out of make up?

Fear of being "dropped" by their backer, apparently, as Dubai explained 2 pages back.....

"....Will explain why a horse is worth more to a backer when he has higher makeup than none tho- it's the opposite of the real world, worse you are doing the more value you have to the "company (backer)" and more demands you can make

Reason is- when a player has 0 makeup and is on a long term 50/50 deal- the first tournament he plays it's the equivalent of the backer paying 2.0 for shares in that tournament. However if a player has 100k makeup and first prize is 100k, then it's the equivalent of the backer buying shares at spot aka 1.0 in they tournament. Therefore theoretically the higher the players makeup in relation to the tournament prize pool, the better the investment appears as a one off for the backer

Which is why people get let go when they clear makeup, as it's the point they are worth the least to their backer...."

No good asking me to explain, it's all a bit over my heads, but Dubai, who may have a smidge of experience in these things, will explain properly, I'm quite sure.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:52:23 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

lol. arrboy, you come across like such a hypocrite here in what you say, dont get how you can slag one guy and be so insulting towards him because he knocked you out, but sing and applaud the other, when they seem to be exactly the same type of player, because he had a good time and enjoyed the experience.
you seem to be going on about how important it is to be nice to people in the game yet youve take up 3 pages on this thread slating some other guy, pasting his hendon mob and generally going against everything you have talked about with Tikay. find it laughable really.

*ill apologize to Tikay here, as i haven't meant to spoil the theme of the thread, as its great to see guys like this playing these comps. But something needed to be said, and im sure others are feeling the same.

They are not the same type of player at all.  One is in for nothing from a freeroll in a comp having a day out in his first ever live comp.  The other is a low stakes grinder who probably takes money out of the game net and is trying to obviously make a living out of the game long term and has been given a freeroll into a side event comp via last minute staking because of a potential massive overlay.

I didn't slag him off at all.  I just stated that he made a bad call imo because of the circumstances of the deal he was offered which encouraged him to gamble massively FTW as he had such a small % of himself.  I posted his hendon mob to illustrate that this wasn't his normal game.  Nothing else at all.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »

Tikay that thread is awesome, made me very happy reading it.

Great game.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »

Busto in the most awful spot. Ska lie raises utg button flats some ginger nerd Jackson stakes flats cove flats I shove 35 bigs with kk skalie folds kid snaps with aq for virtually his life with cove still to act behind and rivers an ace. I need to find a more skilful hobby to waste a weeks time with I think and all your money. Monster Chip leader with 15 left if we hold. I actually can't tell you how disillusioned I am with this so called skill game over the past few months and this just pretty much sums it up.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=173501

This is the hero in question.  Given this would easily have been his biggest cash of his life just to min cash it makes the snap call  for virtually his stack all the more baffling.  Maybe he was keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.

'close to the money by clueless mugs like this kid it would start getting to you as well in a game that's sold to everyone as a skill game'

this the last quote sums it up really. but apparently that isnt slagging him off. so youre honestly saying, if the guy who youve been talking about with Tikay had called off with AQ and felted you, you wouldnt have said the same? think we know the answer to that

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »

Busto in the most awful spot. Ska lie raises utg button flats some ginger nerd Jackson stakes flats cove flats I shove 35 bigs with kk skalie folds kid snaps with aq for virtually his life with cove still to act behind and rivers an ace. I need to find a more skilful hobby to waste a weeks time with I think and all your money. Monster Chip leader with 15 left if we hold. I actually can't tell you how disillusioned I am with this so called skill game over the past few months and this just pretty much sums it up.

This is the hero in question.  Given this would easily have been his biggest cash of his life just to min cash it makes the snap call  for virtually his stack all the more baffling.  Maybe he was keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.

'close to the money by clueless mugs like this kid it would start getting to you as well in a game that's sold to everyone as a skill game'

this the last quote sums it up really. but apparently that isnt slagging him off. so youre honestly saying, if the guy who youve been talking about with Tikay had called off with AQ and felted you, you wouldnt have said the same? think we know the answer to that

Why, in a country of free speech, am i not allowed to say if i think someone has made an awful call and call them a clueless mug if that is my opinion?  Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me i can't call someone a mug if i think they are a mug?  I wasn't aware you are the police on such matters and i didn't realise calling someone a clueless mug is such a terrible offense. Most people get called worse most weeks of their life. I stand by all my comments i have made.  I think his call was shocking given all of the circumstances in question.  End of story.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »

I didn't slag him off at all.  I just stated that he made a bad call imo because of the circumstances of the deal he was offered which encouraged him to gamble massively FTW as he had such a small % of himself.  I posted his hendon mob to illustrate that this wasn't his normal game.  Nothing else at all.
>some ginger nerd Jackson stakes
> keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.
> clueless mugs like this kid
>What person playing for easily the biggest cash of their life would choose to play AQ in this manner seriously?

If this isn't slagging off, I wouldn't like to be in an argument with you. The guy obviously had a reason to believe this isn't a terrible call based on dynamics or whatever. I'm not quite sure how that justifies you calling him a ginger nerd or a clueless mug.

If the player hadn't had any hendon mob scores, such as the one player who qualified for free I'd be surprised if you didn't call him out for being a clueless mug or whatever. A poker decision hardly allows you to personally attack someone. By the sounds of it you need a break from poker or something.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

>some ginger nerd Jackson stakes
> keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.
> clueless mugs like this kid
>What person playing for easily the biggest cash of their life would choose to play AQ in this manner seriously?

If this isn't slagging off, I wouldn't like to be in an argument with you. The guy obviously had a reason to believe this isn't a terrible call based on dynamics or whatever. I'm not quite sure how that justifies you calling him a ginger nerd or a clueless mug.

If the player hadn't had any hendon mob scores, such as the one player who qualified for free I'd be surprised if you didn't call him out for being a clueless mug or whatever. A poker decision hardly allows you to personally attack someone. By the sounds of it you need a break from poker or something.
[/b]

or to get laid, but he wins with women, so i guess not Wink

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2014, 06:39:43 PM »

This is the hero in question.  Given this would easily have been his biggest cash of his life just to min cash it makes the snap call  for virtually his stack all the more baffling.  Maybe he was keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.

Why, in a country of free speech, am i not allowed to say if i think someone has made an awful call and call them a clueless mug if that is my opinion?  Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me i can't call someone a mug if i think they are a mug?  I wasn't aware you are the police on such matters and i didn't realise calling someone a clueless mug is such a terrible offense. Most people get called worse most weeks of their life. I stand by all my comments i have made.  I think his call was shocking given all of the circumstances in question.  End of story.

hmm i agree you can call someone whatever you like, i call rexas worse most hours of every day. my point is you come on a forum and be rude and insulting to some guy you dont know and rip him apart for doing pretty much a standard thing. its standard, your annoyed and tilted that you got rivered thats it really, and thats normal but to do what you did was out of line in my opinion.
you got rivered?....

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »

Why, in a country of free speech, am i not allowed to say if i think someone has made an awful call and call them a clueless mug if that is my opinion?  Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me i can't call someone a mug if i think they are a mug?  I wasn't aware you are the police on such matters and i didn't realise calling someone a clueless mug is such a terrible offense. Most people get called worse most weeks of their life. I stand by all my comments i have made.  I think his call was shocking given all of the circumstances in question.  End of story.

hmm i agree you can call someone whatever you like, i call rexas worse most hours of every day. my point is you come on a forum and be rude and insulting to some guy you dont know and rip him apart for doing pretty much a standard thing. its standard, your annoyed and tilted that you got rivered thats it really, and thats normal but to do what you did was out of line in my opinion.
you got rivered?....

Like i said earlier in my staking thread i don't tend to give a fuck what other people think about my opinions as i make a living out of my opinions being right more than they are wrong.  The kid himself i have been reliably informed posted a similar rant to myself on his FB page after his AQ got busted by 39off to go out in 4th so i am sure he can handle my little rant given he seems to like a rant himself via social media.  If he wants to become a full time professional gambler he will have to get used to listening to a lot worse insults than anything i have fired at him in the last 2 days. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »

tbf, for someone who doesn't give a flying one about peoples opinions of your opinions you do repeat your opinions rather a lot

By the way, why do people wear the 'I don't care what people think' badge as a badge of honour - it's hardly the apex of human development/enlightenment

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: