blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to being a pro
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to being a pro  (Read 139812 times)
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »

Seems like a lot of fun players complain about etiquette by regs at the tables when I mostly find it's the other way round that is the problem. Play a guy heads up on two tables, up a Bi, blast off in 3bet pot when he has top pair so I'm only up a bit. Open AJ flop comes J54 I bet he calls, turn 5, I bet, he raise I call, river 6, he bets, I should fold but call. He has the straight he's now up a BI and a bit and insta sits out both tables? Just so poor. Had words in a chat as he was sat out saying I'm not going to play him again etc and he just leaves. Just pisses me off. Much prefer to play heads up for a living but the etiquette just seems so fucking unreasonable. It's not like this live so why do people feel it's ok online? Not even sure he was a fun player to be honest, doesn't really matter either way, still a knobhead.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2014, 05:50:04 PM »

Seems like a lot of fun players complain about etiquette by regs at the tables when I mostly find it's the other way round that is the problem. Play a guy heads up on two tables, up a Bi, blast off in 3bet pot when he has top pair so I'm only up a bit. Open AJ flop comes J54 I bet he calls, turn 5, I bet, he raise I call, river 6, he bets, I should fold but call. He has the straight he's now up a BI and a bit and insta sits out both tables? Just so poor. Had words in a chat as he was sat out saying I'm not going to play him again etc and he just leaves. Just pisses me off. Much prefer to play heads up for a living but the etiquette just seems so fucking unreasonable. It's not like this live so why do people feel it's ok online? Not even sure he was a fun player to be honest, doesn't really matter either way, still a knobhead.

I call.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2014, 02:20:37 AM »

Lol incredibly tilting.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »

After reading this, and i apologise for being blunt, but i certainly have made my mind up who comes across as the bigger 'knob head' in all this, dont think its right to start abusing a fun player because he left the game. He would be less inclined to play again in the future for sure

P.S. Trivial river fold too
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:52:49 PM by verndog158 » Logged

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »

After reading this, and i apologise for being blunt, but i certainly have made my mind up who comes across as the bigger 'knob head' in all this, dont think its right to start abusing a fun player because he left the game. He would be less inclined to play again in the future for sure

Andddd we have a new leaderrrrrrrrrrrr

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »

[/quote]

Andddd we have a new leaderrrrrrrrrrrr
[/quote]

Ha I guess it seems that way. Just thought it was a little harsh to come on a public forum and call a guy that. I have been following this blog and good to see it going well. Clearly a rant out of frustration I guess.
I'm also fairly sure, on other blogs,  when similar things were posted, some members crucified the writer. I guess kingpush just has to be how he comes across that's all.
I did like the gif though, that stands Smiley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:47:03 PM by verndog158 » Logged

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »

top quoting tekkerz

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »

Ha I guess it seems that way. Just thought it was a little harsh to come on a public forum and call a guy that. I have been following this blog and good to see it going well. Clearly a rant out of frustration I guess.
I'm also fairly sure, on other blogs,  when similar things were posted, some members crucified the writer. I guess kingpush just has to be how he comes across that's all.
I did like the gif though, that stands Smiley
[/quote]

I find this the most questionable part.

I call.

Yeah you're right but at least it's genuinely frowned upon.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »

Pretty sure you're the biggest "knob head" in everything ever? And we abuse you constantly, yet you seem to want to play more and more.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:23 AM »

Spoke to HoneyBadger and he said get aggro with your bankroll so moved up to nl30 today. Seems like mostly the same players, just the better regs, one in particular who it feels like runs me over hard, at nl20 and some of the same fun players. Ended up up about 5 BIs didn't feel like I was playing that well just ran really good in a lot of spots. Had KK v AK all in and picked up a tell on the fun player to my right who always 2xd his bluff raises. Biggest pot was v him when he opens button to 4x I 3bet in the SB with KcTc to £3, he calls. Flop kk4 I bet, he calls, turn 5, same as flop, river 8 which brings the spade flush. I bet again he raises to 2x, I call and he has 3x3s. Had the nut straight in a multi-way pot as well and there were other good spots as well. Didn't even play that much as felt tired/ill after uni yesterday, nice to run good when you move up anyway. Bankroll is about a a grand right now and should get at least 200 in rb at the end of the month. Probably gonna shot some live games and and 40nl next month if all goes to plan.

Even though I bitched about it a load and wished it was over the rake race was probably the best thing for me and anyone else starting out in poker. It forced me to put in a shit load of hands with no excuses and with a safety net of even if I lose 15Bis, which I was definitely at at one stage, I'll be reimbursed for it at the end of the 19 days as long as I put the hours in. It's all about the hours/volume at the end of the day even if at the time it seems fucking stupid it's probably worth it at the end of the day. If I can keep up the work ethic I've had this month I'm sure I can get to where I want to be with poker. Will need to step off it a bit though in the coming weeks with uni work looming.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2014, 04:08:46 AM »

Spoke to HoneyBadger and he said get aggro with your bankroll so moved up to nl30 today. Seems like mostly the same players, just the better regs, one in particular who it feels like runs me over hard, at nl20 and some of the same fun players. Ended up up about 5 BIs didn't feel like I was playing that well just ran really good in a lot of spots. Had KK v AK all in and picked up a tell on the fun player to my right who always 2xd his bluff raises. Biggest pot was v him when he opens button to 4x I 3bet in the SB with KcTc to £3, he calls. Flop kk4 I bet, he calls, turn 5, same as flop, river 8 which brings the spade flush. I bet again he raises to 2x, I call and he has 3x3s. Had the nut straight in a multi-way pot as well and there were other good spots as well. Didn't even play that much as felt tired/ill after uni yesterday, nice to run good when you move up anyway. Bankroll is about a a grand right now and should get at least 200 in rb at the end of the month. Probably gonna shot some live games and and 40nl next month if all goes to plan.

Even though I bitched about it a load and wished it was over the rake race was probably the best thing for me and anyone else starting out in poker. It forced me to put in a shit load of hands with no excuses and with a safety net of even if I lose 15Bis, which I was definitely at at one stage, I'll be reimbursed for it at the end of the 19 days as long as I put the hours in. It's all about the hours/volume at the end of the day even if at the time it seems fucking stupid it's probably worth it at the end of the day. If I can keep up the work ethic I've had this month I'm sure I can get to where I want to be with poker. Will need to step off it a bit though in the coming weeks with uni work looming.

Keep it up and gl.

Oh and keep listening to ppl such as honeybadger and lildave,  u will realise in a couple of years the advice they are giving you now is invaluable to you for the future.

Gl
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »

If you've got >£1k online you should be ok for a few well-timed shots upto 50nl as well. The money is waiting for you at the lower stakes if you put in the time so a 15-20bi shot if games are good will be fine.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »

Got my bankroll up to a bag on Sky Poker which considering I had put about 90% of my roll on there and it was sub 300 with about 4 days left of the rake race, I'm pretty fucking happy with. Games seem really easy at the moment like the more I think the harder it seems to get. There's no doubt that I'm running like pure fire but think I've had something like 7 or 8 winning days in a row now which is fairly ridiculous considering how I was doing beforehand. Weirdly though I'm struggling to get hours in, whether I'm still blown out after rakerace or I have no clear goal at the moment, I'm not sure. I think a lot of it is to do with me anticipating my rakeback at the end of the month, I'll be getting 30% and that could be anything between 200 and 400 quid which changes a lot about what I'll be playing etc. If anyone knows if you can ask Sky so that you can know how many hands you've played or something that would be much appreciated as then I could set myself a volume goal for the end of the month. Think a lot of the lack of motivation is that I haven't done much bar poker at the moment, probably just need to go out, get pissed and get rejected by a few girls and I'll be raring to go again.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2014, 11:09:03 PM »

Got my bankroll up to a bag on Sky Poker which considering I had put about 90% of my roll on there and it was sub 300 with about 4 days left of the rake race, I'm pretty fucking happy with. Games seem really easy at the moment like the more I think the harder it seems to get. There's no doubt that I'm running like pure fire but think I've had something like 7 or 8 winning days in a row now which is fairly ridiculous considering how I was doing beforehand. Weirdly though I'm struggling to get hours in, whether I'm still blown out after rakerace or I have no clear goal at the moment, I'm not sure. I think a lot of it is to do with me anticipating my rakeback at the end of the month, I'll be getting 30% and that could be anything between 200 and 400 quid which changes a lot about what I'll be playing etc. If anyone knows if you can ask Sky so that you can know how many hands you've played or something that would be much appreciated as then I could set myself a volume goal for the end of the month. Think a lot of the lack of motivation is that I haven't done much bar poker at the moment, probably just need to go out, get pissed and get rejected by a few girls and I'll be raring to go again.

take rexas out with you, hes good at that Wink

Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »

You won't get 30% RB, that's for earning 30k+ points. If you finish under 10k you'll get what it says in the widget (pictured). 10k - 19999 points = 20% RB.

Cash games u get 6 points per £1 of rake (sngs and mtts are 10 points). Obv over the 10k threshold points become irrelevant unless it gets you to the next tier 20k+/30k+ to move you to 25/30% RB.

So if you get 10k points purely from cash... Divide it by 6 = you must have paid £1333 in rake, 20% of that = £270ish
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: