blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is this an insane deal or is it just me?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this an insane deal or is it just me?  (Read 2253 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »

http://aworldofpoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39633
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »

Would you have argued for better then?

Oh, wait.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »

you could have got a better deal than that surely by not saying a word surely?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:46:26 AM »

As reported it's obviously the best piece of play the winner has done all weekend (ICM makes even deal £9,110 & £7,890). However, there have been instances in the past where strange looking deals have been reported and it turns out the details of the chip stacks were wrong.

In this case though, I'm inclined to think it's just a case of someone being involved in a deal who has never been in one before and has never heard of ICM.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »

As reported it's obviously the best piece of play the winner has done all weekend (ICM makes even deal £9,110 & £7,890). However, there have been instances in the past where strange looking deals have been reported and it turns out the details of the chip stacks were wrong.

In this case though, I'm inclined to think it's just a case of someone being involved in a deal who has never been in one before and has never heard of ICM.

Your figures are correct but ICM doesn't really apply HU - its just a straight chip count for the difference between 1st and second place.

ie they both get £6750 plus a share of £3500 in proportion to the chips.

(just sayin)
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »

u see worse day in day out on stars. check out the deal made in the sun million this morning...
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »

Your figures are correct but ICM doesn't really apply HU - its just a straight chip count for the difference between 1st and second place.

ie they both get £6750 plus a share of £3500 in proportion to the chips.

(just sayin)

that's what my understanding of it was.  He got paid like he had a 5/1 chip lead not 2/1.
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »

sun mill this morning

5 handed & its 203k for first and 56k for fifth. cant remember stacks exactly but chiplead has about half chips in play and 5th has 5bigs with rest on 20odd bigs irc

any deal must leave 20k for winner

irish chiplead secures 200k deal with supershorty 75k, rest get 88, 100 and 105. and only one of medium stacks contests it. the contesting player is appeased by 3k from chiplead so end up dealing at 197k for chippie - with a great shot at 20 more!

chipleader finished 3rd and guy that gave up the most (dealt for 88k) went on to win so there was some karma, although ultimately he was shortchanged by almost 100k had game played out the same, while 3rd place guy more or less still got 1st place money
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

To be fair the guy looks fookin massive in that picture, I'd have probably given him my entire second place prize and any loose change I had in my pocket too.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »

Sold himself short there

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »

Does seem insane, guess its possible that the deal they did meant they locked up x amount and played on for a bit extra is the only thing i can think of?
lagging
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »

It was me who binked.

Told the bloke that I would give him a £450 drink on top of second as he is one of the good guys, he snap shook my hand.

He was the worst player at the FT and managed to suck out his way to HU, anyway it was a good deal for both parties Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: