blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Prague?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague?  (Read 927 times)
Redsgirl

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:57:15 PM »

Considering Prague for our annual city break with the girls. Anyone have any info/recommendations?

As I have mentioned in previous threads, the 'girls' in question are of mixed ages and sensibilities, so  suggestions involving sightseeing highlights as well as good bars would be appreciated.  Smiley

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »

A post I made in a similar thread a long time ago:

In the old square in December they always have some kind of Xmas market with Glühwein, hot chocolate, snacks etc but you shouldn't give this place a miss regardless as it's a hot spot in Prague.

Wenceslas Square is less impressive, I'd certainly head up there in the day time though. You get offered drugs a lot if you look like a tourist which in the day time is easy to brush off but at night time might make you feel a bit uncomfortable. It's probably still a safe place at night, although it is a lot quieter then.

There are some awesome restaurants for sure! Check out "Mr.Sushi" not too far from the Old square. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1799363-r121655636-Mr_Sushi-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

If you want to go somewhere a bit snazzy then check out "V Zatisi". It's an incredible incredible restaurant! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1097078-r121655421-V_Zatisi-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

If you can find it, I found a really good Jazz bar even though the entrance looked dodgy as hell. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1994785-r121656129-Jazz_Republic-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

I hope to be out there this December for my 4th visit! There is a lot of other stuff to do, quite often there is a company that follows the EPT's around who organise excursions, I have no idea what the company is called but they arrange go karting/paint balling etc.

Enjoy!

Thread can be found here for more info: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62588.0

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:18:24 PM »

Cheers Lucky, just had a quick look at that thread.
Is there enough to do over there to fill four days if you're not into poker, strippers or dodging drug dealers?  Cheesy

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:51:18 AM »

Went 3 weeks ago for a stag do.

Fell in love with the place.

If your an ale drinker, get yourself to the Prague Beer Museum. Its basically just a bar with 30 pumps of delicious ale.

Taxi's from the airport will seriously rip you off. You can bargain with them quite well but try and book it some other way.

Its really not as "British" and "stag doo-ey" as it is made out.

The best bar we went to was a Rock Bar called Harley's. The bartenders were superb, couldnt just open a bottle easily.

beautiful city.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:13:46 AM by buzzharvey22 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: