blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  could do something different every street??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: could do something different every street??  (Read 4653 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »

On 4betting pre-flop, I defo agree that its prolly the "standard" play vs someone with an aggressive 3b vs steal...

Sometimes though I feel like you get a lot more value from these spots by playing slower with a hand that is so strong vs his range, but which value goes down massively when 5b... kinda the decision between him over-commiting with very dominated hands post-flop and him over-committing with dominated hands pre-flop.

I honestly dont know if 4betting is better than flatting or not, I just think it's one of those spots where the subtle approach MIGHT be better...

The river bet is a bluff, but I can see myself getting called by AK, can also see 3xxx, KJxx and AAxx both folding as I feel like i do rep KK JJ K3 J3 all pretty well. If he has 3xxx it will prolly be A3xx and he might very well expect a value AI from a worse 3 (possible) so A3xx (the vast majority of his nake 3xxx hands) might really struggle to fold. I think the River bet is more targeted towards KJ and AA (and AK to a certain extent)

Not saying it's right, but I think calling turn and checking back river is prolly bad, if you dont jam the river I think you might be better off folding the turn... Although that might not be right either.

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 12:52:42 AM »

Are rundowns like 3456 in his 3 betting range? AA3x? They would be the only ways i would be seeing to give him the 3 after 3 betting flop, or am I being a bit thick there?

KKxx must be a massive part of your range in his eyes along with JJxx so now I think about it I dont actually mind the river bet THAT much, it looks quite difficult for him to have that many houses in his range, especially as we have blockers.

To stop banging on aimlessly...
1) How often to we have the best hand - barely ever? Just dont see what he can have at this stage that we beat by checking back
2) How often is he "slow-playing" the river - Looks like he may have a 3 or AAxx to me in his hand, but i just think houses are so unlikely in his range the way the hand has been played, so I dont think it is one that he can really slow play.
3) How well do we rep KK JJ K3 J3 - Very very well, particularly KK and JJ I think, JJ in particular looks likely by the time we bet the river, check/call on flop and turn actually looks fairly strong the way the baord has run out.
4) What does he do with A3** and AA** - on the river he should fold AA, A3 is a bit more tough, but I would probably bin it in his position. Is that too weak?
5) What hands do i get to the river with the HAVE to bluff - this one i would need some help with please Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

Well what hands we "need" to bluff with basically equals;

Hands that call the flop, and the turn which lose to most of his river range once he checks.

KJ is pretty interesting I don't think think many people think that I'd do anything other than check back KJ OTR. I think the vast majority of the bluffing hands OTR are J*** hands that have clubs, or JQT. Most other J*** will fold the turn, and there isn't really any naked K*** hands that are possible unless I've purely floated the flop which I think isn't something that I'd be interested in doing.

I think it's decent for him to assume that every time I get to the river with a hand that can't beat AK (which won't be all that often) then I'll bluff with it. That range is as I said J*** with clubs and JQT.

The rest of my range is, 3*** JJ** kk** and ofc there is KJ** which is the hand right on the line of bluffing and value-betting - Beats AK, and loses to AA...

How I would usually think about a spot like this is consider how often he would check the river with KK/JJ/K3/J3/AA/AK/KJ/A3

I think he will never check the river with any value hand that included a JACK. As my entire bluffing range OTR needs me to have a J in my hand. If he has JJ or J3 then he'll bet the river (or at least should imo) 100% of the time. KK and K3 are the ones he might consider to check, given that most of my "bluff catching" range = KJ, if he has KK or K3 then he's relying on me to have a 3 to call off, and given he has no J there is a higher chance of me bluffing the river.

AA, A3, KJ and AK are interesting hands for him, I think he could defo bet for value with A3 (worse 3***, and KJ can call) but it's a little worrying for him how completely un-capped my range is - How much % of the time i call with A3 be winning, not very often, imo. The same, and more applies to AA because every 3*** beats him. AK would prolly make a slightly better bluff catcher than KJ because KJ blocks a J which is a card we need me to have to be bluffing. I don't think he's going to expect me to either VB or bluff with KJ so I think in his mind KJ and AK = the same.

I think he should check call KK and A3 as stnd, Jam JJ, 33 and J3 as stnd, check fold KJ as stnd, check AA and AK, call sometimes fold sometimes (as vague as that is) so use those as "emergency bluff catchers" to use when he thinks I'm floating the flop/turn ever. K3 could go into either Jam or c/c but I think prolly best in Jam as stnd, that would be next hand to move out to c/c again if he thinks I'm floating the flop wider.

As for bluffs for him, pick hands that were total flop airballs that picked up FD's or wraps on the turn. Doesn't wanna bluff any hand with a J in it, imo. as the weak hands I'll be folding will almost always include a J. effectively I would jam any hand that can't beat QJ by the river. (assuming he barrell's the turn the correct amount with the correct hand)

He had A963ds, and he called. Which apart from the ropey 3bet pre-flop (this is quite fashionable these days though these 3bets) I would say he played the hand well.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: