blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  TV Streaming Box
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Streaming Box  (Read 13025 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »

I'm reliably informed that its possible it to basically watch just about any TV channel in the world free of charge with one of these boxes, but you need to know how to install the apps for each channel. Any one got one or know how to install the channels to get it working? And is it easy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KIH75VC/ref=pe_208621_53149931_em_1p_0_ti
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »

And is it legal?

And by legal, I mean, can you get away with it mostly?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »

I'm getting something like that when I sort a TV out for my office, but these have everything done for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281355918431?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Couple guys I know have one of these, and they say they're the business, as long as you have good broadband.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »

I'm getting something like that when I sort a TV out for my office, but these have everything done for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281355918431?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Couple guys I know have one of these, and they say they're the business, as long as you have good broadband.

Are those already loaded with channels mate? And yes that is the latest one you have posted, that's the one I want.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »

Are those already loaded with channels mate? And yes that is the latest one you have posted, that's the one I want.

The latest quad core and fastest android tv box
This is the best you will find anywhere
True 1080p - Most boxes are not
This is the only box that comes fully loaded when you receive it
No having to use a wizard to install addons after you receive it
Or when you factory reset it as ours restores everything including the addons

That's from the advert, so it looks like you just have to plug it into your TV.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »

Ok cheers mate, ordering that mofo right now, Been told they are the absolute nuts. Will suss out how to add any missing channels in due course.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:00:21 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »

Ok cheers mate, ordering that mofo right now, Been told they are the absolute nuts. Will suss out how to add any missing channels in due course.

By the looks of that ad, the forums and stuff should be able to clear up any problems that crop up, and the lads I know with them love the things.

I'm still a way off needing mine, because our living room needs sorting before I can pinch the TV out of that, and replace it with a new one.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »

I'm reliably informed that its possible it to basically watch just about any TV channel in the world free of charge with one of these boxes, but you need to know how to install the apps for each channel. Any one got one or know how to install the channels to get it working? And is it easy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KIH75VC/ref=pe_208621_53149931_em_1p_0_ti

I have one in my apartment  in China ( obviously cheaper as thats where they are made) and thouroughly recommend them.
I have the previous model #7  and I love it. If it comes fully loaded thats great but there is  more apps to add which is straight forward to do through Google Play or the internet. I recommend you get a wireless mouse as the remote control that comes with it is a pain to navigate. It has a built in keyboard but you may also want to purchase a wireless one too.
Make sure it comes with a VPN so you can access all the channels from around the world or you can add one.  Holla is the VPN app I use which works fine . The only downfall of the box is there are so many things to watch you don't know where to start lol

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »

Cheers Craig  Smiley
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »

Would this be in addition or instead of having sky. 

Ii mostly only use sky for sports everything else we already download and watch by the series. 

Very tempted by this and by saving on Sky buying fibre broadband.   You guys think that would be best plan?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »

Would this be in addition or instead of having sky. 

Ii mostly only use sky for sports everything else we already download and watch by the series. 

Very tempted by this and by saving on Sky buying fibre broadband.   You guys think that would be best plan?

I would not bother with Sky if you get one of the Android boxes to be honest. You can download an App called Mobdro  which you can view all sports channels from around the world including all Sky Sports channels. All you need is a good internet service as you will be streaming the channels. Most of the Movie/Tv Show Apps have a download feature on too is you dont like to stream the shows.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »

A good thing about these boxes is you can take them anywhere if you travel. They are so compact, all you need is  a TV and internet connection. They are so simple to set up , its just a HDMI cable from the box to the TV, connect to the internet and away you go.

My Dad

Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:44:05 PM »

Had this box for a couple of days now and can confirm it is the bollocks even though I still don't understand everything, don't think there is anything I want to watch that I can't now. The only caveat being you probs need Internet speed of 10mgs+ for streaming, more for HD. Downloading is possible also for non live streams.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:30:39 PM »

Gonna bump this again just because its so good. Alongside my ipad I reckon its the best bit of technology I've ever bought and easily the best value for money.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »

Nightmare here, because we've got a couple other rooms to do before my office!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: