blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  TV Streaming Box
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Streaming Box  (Read 13024 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

It'll never be a long term solution, it's watching illegally broadcast streams at the end of the day.  Remember Eurovox?  That was great whilst it lasted too.  These things come and go.  One day the streams won't be easily accessible in the UK but you have to make the most of them whilst you can.

Eurovox lasted a good 2 years though. Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 09:42:49 PM »

So what sort of internet connections do people have who are using these boxes?  For example, would a 50meg connection be enough to watch a match in HD on a Sky Channel?

I'm guessing it's going to fall between having Sky/Cable HD telly and the crappy streams on the net you can use to watch live sport on your computer - or is it actually a genuine replacement for an HD Sky box?

If ur getting 50 meg you could watch HD easily mate.

My Internet is probably mostly 6-10 I would say and I can watch all the normal non HD films, tv shows etc no problem. Live streams of channels are fine and watchable but not perfect. I suspect if my Internet was better the streams would be a lot better but until I try it I can't say for sure.

To be honest for a 100 quid I'm delighted with what I've got and it's better than sticking the computer in the back of the telly when I want to watch something on a big screen.

I get a max of 60meg, so pretty decent - although I might be moving soon, but fast broadband is a major consideration for me anyway.

For £100 can't really go wrong.  It'll be better than watching the dodgy football streams on wiziwig anyway.  Are all the boxes much of a muchness, or is there something to look for when choosing one?

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 10:42:47 PM »

Ok so just done some tests to give you guys an idea. My Internet was pants on a few speed tests I did, basically running between 2 and 5 when I did it watching the various things below.

Just watched a game of thrones episode, you get 3 choices of resolution, low med high. I picked med which is normally a very good picture and normal TV standard I would say, it was a good as usual but maybe every few mins froze for 2 or 3 secs or so, I don't usually have this problem as my Internet mostly runs faster than this.

Sports streaming channels- perfectly watchable but a little bit 'pixely' if that makes sense, better than a lot of the sports links I've watched in the past.

Movie- normal res, great and no problem and totally smooth throughout, I had a choice of about 20 links I could have watched, 75% HD but I know my Internet is not fast enough for that so chose normal. It looked like I was just watching it on normal telly.

The real beauty of this box is they make it dead easy and install a bunch of apps and all the XMBC add ons, which are basically the links to the movies, shows, and streams which are not easy to do yourself. Trust me I did it with. XMBC myself a while back and it took me ages to install only icefilms which is one link to a tons of movies. I have at least 10 things like that already installed and a tons of apps to make life super easy.

Maybe I'll take some shots of the screen so you guys can see what is what.

I should be on commission from this guy FFS lol.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »

Should also add that the remote it comes with is not great. I'm using my own mouse to navigate and it's dead easy to use.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »

So this is the home screen when you turn it on.

Click to see full-size image.

These are some of the apps but not all

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:50:09 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »

So let's go into the showbox app where all the films and TV shows are.

It shows all the fils and TV shows and you just click on what you want to watch, you can stream or download stuff in this app.

Just about everything you want is here.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 11:39:29 PM »

You also have the XMBC player which is another way of doing the same thing.

If we click in movies we get this drop down menu

Then select new releases

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:06 PM »

Then if we click in the modbro app

Then on sports

You can watch just about any channel you want, feel free to pm me if that is not clear lol
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »

lol Woodsey, nice presentation Smiley  Looks a good bit of kit.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 12:03:03 AM »

So what sort of internet connections do people have who are using these boxes?  For example, would a 50meg connection be enough to watch a match in HD on a Sky Channel?

I'm guessing it's going to fall between having Sky/Cable HD telly and the crappy streams on the net you can use to watch live sport on your computer - or is it actually a genuine replacement for an HD Sky box?

If ur getting 50 meg you could watch HD easily mate.

My Internet is probably mostly 6-10 I would say and I can watch all the normal non HD films, tv shows etc no problem. Live streams of channels are fine and watchable but not perfect. I suspect if my Internet was better the streams would be a lot better but until I try it I can't say for sure.

To be honest for a 100 quid I'm delighted with what I've got and it's better than sticking the computer in the back of the telly when I want to watch something on a big screen.

I get a max of 60meg, so pretty decent - although I might be moving soon, but fast broadband is a major consideration for me anyway.

For £100 can't really go wrong.  It'll be better than watching the dodgy football streams on wiziwig anyway.  Are all the boxes much of a muchness, or is there something to look for when choosing one?

thumbs up

Don't really know about the boxes themselves mate. All I know is there are some selling them with all the channels fully installed so you literally just need to turn it on and and you are good to go when it arrives, that will save you a lot of hassle.Other than that I don't know to be honest. Whilst I'm happy with the one I have I have nothing to compare it to, there might be better ones out there for all I know 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »

Just another quick point on this one folks I done a speed check other day and it showed d/l speed of 16.4mbps but when downloading a movie my d/l speed is about 1.3mbps

I'm left confused by this, internet and technology not really my strong suite.  Should I be ok do you think with 16.4mbps? 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 05:27:51 PM »

I'm getting mostly less than that and it's fine for me mate.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »

Cheers.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

Got one last week and its brill. No Issue with Internet.

U found any other decent add on's Woodsey?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »

Got one last week and its brill. No Issue with Internet.

U found any other decent add on's Woodsey?

Not really looked mate to be honest, Showbox and Mobdro apps have pretty much everything I want. Let me know if you find anything  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: