blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking for live cash, 300bb+ pots only.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking for live cash, 300bb+ pots only.  (Read 2231 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »

In another staking thread it was mentioned that Timex is staking people to play live cash games, but only in 300bb+ pots.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64196.msg1975341#new

I didnt want to derail the thread, but I found that interesting. Hows that work then? I guess its a bit like some of the old insurance deals some players would have in big pots?

Inviting Pleno1 here as he seemed to know about it.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »

seems dumb without an intense level of trust and faith in the horse. so many ways to angle it to the horses favour without the backer ever being able to question it.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »

Yeh confused me tbh

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »

seems dumb without an intense level of trust and faith in the horse. so many ways to angle it to the horses favour without the backer ever being able to question it.

I could even see situations where if the horse gets the nuts and the pot is already 250BB, they just check it down to avoid giving the backer their cut. Or value betting whatever amount takes it to 299bb on the river.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 06:22:56 PM »

yeh for example with sean i have no idea how he plays, no idea what goes on in his poker brain, how he plays his turn range when the flop gets checked back etc, what i would be pretty confident in is that when we goes all in in big pots he will have more than 50% equity.

he seems to be struggling because of losing large pots as an equity favourite and thus would need staking, a lot of the variance comes from these huge pots, so it would seem like a mutually beneficial thing to do.

obviously we'd have to iron out some issues regarding not scamming in those spots, but thats the same as ever for live cash, there has to be trust.

in before i start a thread "anybody want staked for 4bet pots? Cheesy"

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »

the way timex proposed was that the first 300bb is the players then anything over that is his. so for example sean has all pots 100bb and under and i stake the over or whatever x is.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »

So. £1/£1

I go all-in for £500, and am called.

The pot is £1002 (my £500, the call and the two £1 blinds) I have AK and my opponent has QQ

I win this hand, (yay!) the first 300bb is my money, so I win £302, you have bought 100% of the action for every BB that goes in over 300, so the £200 I went with over my £300 is yours, and because I won, I now owe you £200, correct?

Now, spose I lost (sigh) I invested £500 but you have the action when it's above 300bb so you now owe me £200, correct?

What happens if it's straddled? Spose the £8 straddle is on and I have £800 and end up AI, do you have zero of it, or £500 of it?

What about the rake? Do we split the rake or is it just my pot that's raked?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 03:36:51 PM »

Surely best to either buy an overall %, or just to offer insurance?

Can just do a 2.5% vig Insurance deal on pots over 100bb's (so where more than 50bb is invested)

So I get £500 in (assume pot is £1000) and after the hand run the numbers and had 60% equity, so my share of the pot = £600, you "pay" me £570 and the hand is yours.

If i end up winning the pot I owe you £415, if i lose the pot then you owe me £585.

Easy to work out just remember the cards and the board, then after the game run it through PPT and settle up.

wazz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »

Why keep it so simple

I'm sure there's lots of ways we could make this more complicated
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 12:49:40 AM »

If the variance is too high on the lowest game available live (I'm assuming you can just drop down otherwise) then wouldn't it be better to just grind a bit lower online for a while to build up? The big pots are meant to be the exciting ones - if they're too big if you lose then just sounds like stakes are too high.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: