blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:07:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254280 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2014, 03:48:37 PM »

About 75% of people in the uk support tighter immigration

source please

Woodsey went out on the street and asked Bob, Stuart, John & Przemyslaw
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »

source please

Woodsey went out on the street and asked Bob, Stuart, John & Przemyslaw

Cheesy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »

i absoulute detest russell brand but he has some intresting views on his youtube channel

well worth a watch

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2014, 08:41:13 PM »

source please

I was more concerned about the 75% who read the daily mail.  75% of the country don't understand percentages clearly. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »

That's pretty pathetic of Labour.  They've just looked at their focus groups and decided to come up with an anti immigration stance.  They were highly pro mass immigration before UKIP, so at least have the conviction and integrity to argue why you think this is the correct view.

Spineless.

About 75% of people in the uk support tighter immigration, it would be pretty stupid of any of thr main parties not to be seen to be doing something if they want people to vote for them.

All the main parties seem to be making an effort, I guess they must be thick like the 75% who read thr daily mail lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/04/nick-clegg-tighter-controls-immigration-new-eu-states

The problem with that statistic is that is a massive oversimplification.  Of those 75% some will want basically no immigration, some, when explained the rules, actually think the rules are fine as they are, whilst a bigger part still only actually have an issue with a certain demographic (normally the one that the press are stirring up at the moment) but are fine with Irish, Aussies or American immigrants etc.  The major parties can talk tough on immigration all they like but ultimately will never really satisfy everyone.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

source please

Probably this Richard but can't remember where I read it.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/migobs/Public%20Opinion-Overall%20Attitudes%20and%20Level%20of%20Concern.pdf

In before everyone says they must be racist

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:06 AM »

i absoulute detest russell brand but he has some intresting views on his youtube channel

well worth a watch

He's a cock. Although I suspect Andrew T aspires to his smartarsery  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:48:26 AM by Woodsey » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »

source please

Probably this Richard but can't remember where I read it.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/migobs/Public%20Opinion-Overall%20Attitudes%20and%20Level%20of%20Concern.pdf

In before everyone says they must be racist

thanks will read that when bored :-)

http://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/about-us

"Based at the Centre on Migration, Policy and Society (COMPAS) at the University of Oxford, the Migration Observatory provides impartial, independent, authoritative, evidence-based analysis of data on migration and migrants in the UK, to inform media, public and policy debates, and to generate high quality research on international migration and public policy issues. The Observatory’s analysis involves experts from a wide range of disciplines and departments at the University of Oxford."

seems kosher enough

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »

That's pretty pathetic of Labour.  They've just looked at their focus groups and decided to come up with an anti immigration stance.  They were highly pro mass immigration before UKIP, so at least have the conviction and integrity to argue why you think this is the correct view.

Spineless.

The idea of red ed, balls and their paper thin shadow cabinet running this country scares me more and more by the week. Maybe that's the plan to sort out the net migration problem as it will be 'last one to leave please turn out the lights' moment if they do get in.

Scares me too, but Gideot and Cameon aren't much better tbf.   If only we had a chance to get rid of them for good. 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »

Spineless.

The idea of red ed, balls and their paper thin shadow cabinet running this country scares me more and more by the week. Maybe that's the plan to sort out the net migration problem as it will be 'last one to leave please turn out the lights' moment if they do get in.

Scares me too, but Gideot and Cameon aren't much better tbf.   If only we had a chance to get rid of them for good. 

welcome to the IS

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »

Question 1

who wrote this and is singing it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

I don't understand

Latest YouGov / Sunday Times results 17th Oct - Con 32%, Lab 35%, LD 7%, UKIP 16%; APP -23

2010 General election
Conservative    36.1
Labour        29.0
Liberal Democrat    23.0

The 16% of UKIP obviously hasn't come from LD voters.  So who has moved to UKIP and from where?  As far as LD seats are concerned, who are their disillusioned going to vote for?  It can't be UKIP, so have they moved to Labour and Tory with Tories mostly saying that they are voting for UKIP?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »

Both Labour and Tories will have lost to UKIP, but Labour will have picked up most of the ex-Lib-Dems, so they're net in a better position than the Tories are.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »

Both Labour and Tories will have lost to UKIP, but Labour will have picked up most of the ex-Lib-Dems, so they're net in a better position than the Tories are.

Haven't read the whole thread but from my very lay-woman position this is how I see things.

I'm a former Labour party member, but haven't voted for them in a general election since 97, after which the Lib Dems became my party of choice. I suspect disaffected Labour voters made up a considerable amount of their support over the last decade or so, the vast majority of whom wouldn't consider voting for them again after the debacle of the last few years. The only place for the likes of us to go is either back to Labour, or possibly over to green. Under fppt many (with the obvious exception of those in brighton) will see the green vote as a wasted one. I'm not sure whether the very good work a lot of Lib Dem MPs do at a local level will be enough to see them retain some of their seats, but the way things are going I can see a hung parliament with Labour in the driving seat but I'm doubtful as to whether the Libs will have enough support to form a coalition with them and I wouldn't be surprised if it's ukip holding the balance of power. Interesting times for sure.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »

Surprised nobody has mentioned the £1.7bn bill from Brussels yet.  Think this is turning into one of the most fascinating political decisions in a long time.  Cameron literally cannot pay it in full and hope to win the next election imo but if he doesn't pay it  it could cause lasting damage to the UK position in Europe and with that goes a lot of his neo-liberal free market ideas.  Would imagine there will be some kind of fudging and deal done but both sides talking very tough at the moment.  Anyone got a view as to how it will go?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: