blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 252528 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: May 08, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »

Btw I agree fptp isn't an ideal voting system the fact snp get more mp per vote is because they target there seats they don't stand in u winnable seats like Exeter u kip stood in all Scottish seats and picked up a handful of votes in each one,
Snap could stand in some enclaves ok England and be 3 rd party but would never win and this would water down how many votes per seats they get

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »

Cannot imagine a yes/No referendum until 2020 or after, but it could come earlier if UK has a No vote in and EU In/Out referendum in 2017, especially if Scots votes Yes to staying in EU and UK overall votes No?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 08, 2015, 08:36:23 PM »

It's going to be strange at home in the Balls house if she becomes leader and he isn't even an MP. It'll be strange anyway, as she will probably be on the front bench no matter who takes over, while he stays home looking after the children.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 08, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »

It's been mentioned that Tories have England snp have Scotland, but Wales is a 3rd spanner I think it's 25 of 40 MPs are labour now, and NI is a case amongst itself

4 nations all of there own political bias

Throw in the English regions are we have a massive fracture in the union need to get regional powers in England and make these regions include the Welsh and scots much more powerful IMHO

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 08, 2015, 08:46:59 PM »

Cannot imagine a yes/No referendum until 2020 or after, but it could come earlier if UK has a No vote in and EU In/Out referendum in 2017, especially if Scots votes Yes to staying in EU and UK overall votes No?

Can't ever see the UK voting to leave the EU.

Even if the polls were running close, there would be the silent majority, similar to the Scots referendum, who would come out in force to stop it.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1775 on: May 08, 2015, 09:05:13 PM »

Even if the polls were running close, there would be the silent majority, similar to the Scots referendum, who would come out in force to stop it.

The question would never be, "should we leave the EU", it would be "if the UK can't negotiate a better place in the EU then should we leave?" - the EU would then agree some token changes and irrespective of the referendum result we would stay in.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 08, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »

The real question now is can a traditional left wing labour party be anything other than a fringe party in modern day Britain?  Britain has voted convincingly over the past 40 years that they don't want a traditional left wing government.  Unless the labour party effectively become centre based (hence not a labour party imo and one trying to kid the country they are a labour party ala Blair) they pretty much don't understand that they can't win elections as all the key swing seats they need to win they will never win with a traditional labour approach.

I think Labour need to give up on Scotland and let an Independent Labour be formed up here that can focus on being left of Centre and the English/Wales Labour party can take itself to the centre.  

But you can't pretend to be a labour party with centre views.  That wouldn't make you a labour party if you were centre.  That is my whole point.  Labour policies have no place in a modern UK government.  40 years have proved uk people don't want old fashioned labour policies.  How many more times is kinnock/red ed and proper labour lefties going to try and fail massively.  Labour has 40+ years of fucking the economy up.  People have finally realised and are not interested in gambling their savings on labour proving us wrong.

What happens when labour realise in order to win they need to become a right wing labour party are they going to set up a ultra right wing branch of the labour party as well alongside the left wing branch in scotland and the centre branch to trump the tories and ukip?  How many branches of one party are you allowed who are all supposed to work hard for 'protecting the working man'?  The reality is the working man should always vote tory.

Labour just need to realise what they offer as a party the modern day uk population has no interest in.  How many more huge failures to they need before they realise real LABOUR isn't wanted by the masses who strive and work hard in life?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:33:26 PM by arbboy » Logged
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 08, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 08, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »

It is a possibility though, don't forget 99% of political commentators said that there would be no overall winner yesterday.

Plus its more the campaign during talks and prior to the vote that can be divisive its the single issue that has troubled the Tories for decades surely

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 08, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »

https://www.skybet.com/politics/general-election/event/17856394?bsnls=1&bsopen=1&aff_id=8036

Had to laugh at this.  Betting for the next general election and skybet still make labour a huge dog and they couple them with ukip at the same time!  Not sure who are worse?  Labour party or skybet! 

Is this the new right wing branch of the labour party yet to be revealed kmac?  Labour/Ukip combo?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:57:40 PM by arbboy » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 08, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »

Labour just need to realise what they offer as a party the modern day uk population has no interest in.

You are drawing conclusions that just suit what you want, but are not justified. Labour lost the election, but yesterday they were expected to win. You can't say that the UK population has no interest in a party that was expected to win. The Tory victory wasn't for the reason you are claiming. They won because the population swallowed the false idea they put about that a Labour government would have to keep conceding things to the SNP to win votes in the House, not because they have turned away from Labour for ever, as you want to believe.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 08, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4WuTZK6SFk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQVLeoTemfk

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 08, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »

Labour just need to realise what they offer as a party the modern day uk population has no interest in.

You are drawing conclusions that just suit what you want, but are not justified. Labour lost the election, but yesterday they were expected to win. You can't say that the UK population has no interest in a party that was expected to win. The Tory victory wasn't for the reason you are claiming. They won because the population swallowed the false idea they put about that a Labour government would have to keep conceding things to the SNP to win votes in the House, not because they have turned away from Labour for ever, as you want to believe.

You keep kidding yourself.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 08, 2015, 11:19:33 PM »

You keep kidding yourself.

But he is right. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »

While I am sympathetic for Scottish Independence cause, you can't just keep on having referendum (did you know that word doesn't have a plural?) until you win one.

That isn't democracy.

If it was, as soon as YES wins, the NO campaign would be justified in pressing for a referendum rejoining the union.

20 years minimum before you can even begin to think about asking IMO.

I would maybe agree if the last Referendum was fought fairly but it wasn't.   

We're people kidnapped until voting was over then mate?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: