blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:23:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Paedophile Hunter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Paedophile Hunter.  (Read 12229 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »

Not really, what about gay rape on blokes too in the spirit of being inclusive?

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

I find the 1 in 4 ratio incredibly high.  What is the minimum classification of domestic violence?  I have been slapped around the face by previous gf's is that domestic violence?

This has bothered me all night, as I find it hard to imagine ANYONE ever getting upset with you about ANYTHING, as you are so amenable & open to views of others. Can't say I ever recall you getting into an argument, either.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »

You can't blame a girl for wanting a real punter rather than living with the embarrassment of being with an arber......

Lol.

I best move along.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »

Wtf is an arber?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »

Wtf is an arber?

It's where people park their boats

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2014, 08:35:30 AM »

Wtf is an arber?

Roll Eyes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2014, 08:40:46 AM »

Wtf is an arber?

Oh my, that is very good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »

Wtf is an arber?

"arber" is short for "Arbitrage".

It's a form of betting, much frowned upon in some punting circles.

In short, an arber takes advantage of, or exploits, small differences in prices, & as such, can "lock up" or guarantee a profit irrespective of the result.

They are often referred to as dirty arbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage

It's a subject which generates much heat in the betting world.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »

Cheers Tikay  Smiley
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »

Watched this last night with the missus, gotta say I was all for turning it off after the first minute, really didn't want to be listening to sordid messages and videos. However the missus said we should watch it, specifically as we have three young kids (all under seven), she felt it might help us understand the potential dangers towards kids from online predators.

First thing I got to point out and it may be being a bit naive here, but what websites are these that people join to be able to communicate to each other like that? Are they the run of the mill dating sites? Or some seedy sites that have to be thoroughly searched? I'm going to presume that it's not just under 18's as depicted in the programme that act in this way on these sites? Can anyone honestly come on here and admit to trying/experimenting with one of these over 18 only "adult chat rooms"?

I felt really uncomfortable with the whole programme and with Hunter's "angle" for doing it. It seems that after not directly answering the question about if he had been abused " no comment" was his answer, that his motives might be revenge for things that had happened to him or what he had witnessed as a young man.

Although we may not know the whole story it seems to me that an example of how Stinson might have provoked someone to do something that the wouldn't normally do is with The Guy that killed himself. I mean let's imagine that for a minute, a 46 year old man, who thought he was meeting an underage girl for sex, in fact comes face to face with 3 or 4 men who try to get him in a house, he instinctively takes flight and gets out of there and a few days later he kills himself leaving behind his own small child and no explanation to his ex wife. The guy went to the lengths of making the ultimate decision of ending his own life rather than facing up to what he had done or was going to do. Can anyone imagine doing something that made you feel so bad that the only option left is to commit suicide and leave behind what to me is the most precious thing in the world, your child.  Of course there will be two camps, those that say he put himself in that position and chose his own path and others that think he was lead into that position.

Whatever anyone thinks, as humans none of us are perfect and we can all make mistakes and certainly be lead by temptation towards something that we really shouldn't be doing, however when that temptation brings us into a world of sexual activity or grooming towards Children, for me a human instinct should kick in, it's not right and if you have chosen to take that path then you have to deal with the consequences, this guy thought it was better to take his own life, that was his choice, now his family, friends and child will have to live with the knowledge of not only what he was going to do but also with him choosing to take his own life because of it. A very sad situation for all involved.

What I thought was one of the most disturbing bits of information was when the ex copper said of the thousands of people he had contact with online when he was doing a similar role for the police only two people ever said that he was too young to talk too, maybe there is a place in the world for people like Stinson Hunter, be much better if they came in the realm of the police force rather than as a vigilante.

I wonder if Tim Berners-Lee knew that the internet could brings us this dark side along with the good side would he still have invented the WWW.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2014, 01:50:22 PM »

Slightly away from the original topic but still on the theme of justice and how it's handed out, does anyone else feel slightly uneasy about the two Burmese workers arrested for the murders of those poor students in Thailand?
The authorities have insisted that migrant workers must have committed the crime from the off, and seem more bothered about a quick result to preseve the island's tourist reputation than a thorough investigation.

I hope Mr Win and  Mr Saw get a decent impartial lawyer to look at these d.n.a results and check their supposed confessions, but doubt it.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »

Slightly away from the original topic but still on the theme of justice and how it's handed out, does anyone else feel slightly uneasy about the two Burmese workers arrested for the murders of those poor students in Thailand?
The authorities have insisted that migrant workers must have committed the crime from the off, and seem more bothered about a quick result to preseve the island's tourist reputation than a thorough investigation.

I hope Mr Win and  Mr Saw get a decent impartial lawyer to look at these d.n.a results and check their supposed confessions, but doubt it.

Only uneasy? It's Very likely a fit up, they are done for now in the pursuit of 'saving face' for the Thai police, they have been incompetent from start to finish.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised it was one of the policemen who committed the crime either, that's how fucked up it is there!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2014, 02:00:23 PM »

Only uneasy? It's Very likely a fit up, they are done for now in the pursuit of 'saving face' for the Thai police, they have been incompetent from start to finish.

The police in Thailand are very competent. They just choose not to be when they are paid enough money. Half of Thailand seem to believe they know who committed these murders and it isn't the two who have been fitted up.

Obviously a total disgrace but that's one of the risks of living here.

As a foreigner you have to be very very careful with certain things.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »

The just uneasy bit was from me having little knowledge about the case except for the few news bulletins I've caught and knowing nothing about how well the legal system is works there, so I didn't really want to make a snap judgement on their procedures, but it seems from your and Greekstein's comments my initial feelings about it all may be right.
Poor Win and Saw   Sad

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: