blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Macau Asia Championship of Poker Series
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macau Asia Championship of Poker Series  (Read 26712 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »

22 left we have 202k blinds 4k 8k and avg stack is 195k. Shoooooot

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

Presumably, we are playing this one?

30th October: $8,800 (2mil Gte) NL

If so, & I have read your posts correctly, it must have exceeded the Guarantee by a very long way indeed.

Keep it going, & brighten up a dull & overcast November morning in the UK. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2014, 09:44:11 AM »

There's 30 left now. Average is 143k. I have 196k. Break time now but in 5 minutes the new level will be 3k 6k with a 1k ante so the comp is just a little bit fast!

Wowzer.

Overnight there were 66 remaining....

"....Average is around 65k and we have 42k...."

Been gambling have we?

Keep it going.

This is 2 cashes from 2, good work that.

2 cashes from 3!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »

Pob Lwc Mr Stein

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »

There's 30 left now. Average is 143k. I have 196k. Break time now but in 5 minutes the new level will be 3k 6k with a 1k ante so the comp is just a little bit fast!

Wowzer.

Overnight there were 66 remaining....

"....Average is around 65k and we have 42k...."

Been gambling have we?

Keep it going.

This is 2 cashes from 2, good work that.

2 cashes from 3!

Useless.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »

5k 10k blinds. Button just shoved 110k into my bb. I called A5 he had k5 and we lost. Woulda had over 400 now got 170.

16 left

@GreekStein on twitter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »

5k 10k blinds. Button just shoved 110k into my bb. I called A5 he had k5 and we lost. Woulda had over 400 now got 170.

16 left

Ouch.

Never mind, 'tis what it is.

Keep shoving.

Conky Conky Conky, oi oi oi. 

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »

13th

@GreekStein on twitter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2014, 11:48:10 AM »

Bugger.

Not a bad effort though, 13th of 400+, right?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2014, 12:57:29 PM »

Disappointed with the final result.

The tournament had a very quick strcuture and we didn't get any hands or set ups in our favour from 4 tables out.

With 3 tables left however, I definitely got a good seat on a great table. Everyone seemed so intent on laddering that they were playing really weak.

I was able to chip up from 120k to 310k and go well above average without showing down more than 1 hand.

When we moved table I sat down and first hand I got AQ in the hi-jack. I open to 16k at 4k/8k and the big stack 3-bet to 41k. I really considered all options here and ultimately decided to fold. He was very keen and quick to show me AK suited which I think is not a good show by him but made me feel good that I made the right play.

Unfortunately the A5 vs K5 hand proved to be crucial with 2 tables left. He shoved button for 110k and we call in the BB. We would have 450k if we held and 200 if we lost with average at 250k and just in a really nice position to just bully it up. The board rolled off    two spades which is a nice run out for  .

That proved to be the turning point. We raise/folded one hand after that and raised and took down another.

My bustout with 13 players left - I had 174k with blinds at 5k 10k with 1k ante and in 6 minutes they were going to 6k 12k 2k so I shoved the sb with QJo when it folded to me and the big stack in the BB woke up with AK. The flop was a reasonable sweat  but it bricked off for another frustrating result. I'm pretty sure the shove here is unexploitable but I'll ask some tournament grinders whether they think it's optimal or not. Very interested to hear opinions.

I'm disappointed to have not run better but that's tournaments and I feel like I'm playing really good at the moment so hopefully I can save the win for that last tournament. We didn't want the 730k HKD anyway....

Unlike the PLO tournament that left me very upset and tilted, I feel fine about this one. Just standard. I can't wait to get some fucking sleep now.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »

Bugger.

Not a bad effort though, 13th of 400+, right?

Yeah - think there were around 430 runners in the end.

Thats the beauty of the beast with tournaments I guess. Only 1 guy is going home truly happy at the end of the 2 days.

It's also kind of a stupid motivation I have to play them. I have improved my game no end in the last year - both in PLO and in NL and even though I definitely believe it's cash for dough and tournaments for show, maybe the reason I want to win some tournaments is for validation. Why I want that, who fucking knows? ego I guess even though I feel I have far less of an ego than I did when I was far less proficient at poker.

Live tournament grinders have my respect. Gruelling thing they are and have definitely given me a lot of food for thought about all these people selling at big markups in the main event. I won't be buying in anyone for more than 1.3 this summer.

@GreekStein on twitter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »

Yikes, that was an ugly run out in the A-5 v K-5 hand.

What a game this poker is.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »

The guy I bust to today at least won the donkament. Likewise the guy who got there with AA vs my AA in the PLO also won that one.

With one event to go we have cashed for a total of 98,300 HKD. Hopefully we can treble that with the last tourney but it's a freeroll now...

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Guys I missed today's tourney. I've been grinding perhaps a bit too hard and it caught up with me today. I just felt shitty and a bit run down. I decided I wouldn't play my best and opted to stay home and relax. If I'm feeling better which I likely will be by tomorrow I will replace the $8800 tournament with the $15,000 (HKD). (For sake of easyness etc there will only be markup charged on the first $8800 of the tournament as per the original OP.

Please can everyone confirm whether they are ok with that or not? If anyone doesn't answer I will go with majority decision which I assume will be a yes.

@GreekStein on twitter.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »

Punt away

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: