blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111895 times)
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »

They let titus bramble play....
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »

Excellent piece by fleetstreetfox in the Mirror today.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cheer-ched-evans-cant-say-4453578

Innocent or guilty, Ched Evans is a scumbag.

Any article that includes a persons salary in its headline and picks a picture that makes someone look as bad as they have with JF can only have one agenda surely?

It's part of the original point, why do these people think it is ok for them to decide they are the moral compass here, they seem to be using this criminals release as fodder for them to spout and write about. tbh it is laughable that the guy writes that Evans has now dragged the victim thru it all again when he has decided to write about it in one of the best selling newspapers. Why have these people decided this rapist should now have been a role model after he has offended  and that being a role model in their eyes makes his treatment after his release different to a regular guy on the streets treatment after his release?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »

I have no issue with him playing again at all and think it would be unfair if he was prevented from playing but I don't really understand why people think that footballers shouldn't consider themselves to be and behave as role models.  The game (and their big wages) is only viable because the players are hero worshipped and with that commes responsibility.  To compare them to highly paid bankers or other jobs is a very poor example as the other people are offering a service which in itself has an economic value.  Playing footbll is only econoically viable if people want to watch it and as a player you have a responsibility to hold the game and yourself to a higher standard than ordinary people because your job is reliant on it and to not do so lets down a lot of people.   

Ok i understand that argument.  The bad guys then are the selfish, results above everything, club chairmen who will still sign him to deliver the goals but ignore the responsibility to present the correct image to their customers (younger fans). 
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »

If sheff Utd dont sign him.someone will
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »

Any article that includes a persons salary in its headline and picks a picture that makes someone look as bad as they have with JF can only have one agenda surely?

It's part of the original point, why do these people think it is ok for them to decide they are the moral compass here, they seem to be using this criminals release as fodder for them to spout and write about. tbh it is laughable that the guy writes that Evans has now dragged the victim thru it all again when he has decided to write about it in one of the best selling newspapers. Why have these people decided this rapist should now have been a role model after he has offended  and that being a role model in their eyes makes his treatment after his release different to a regular guy on the streets treatment after his release?

The naming and the bullying of the victim by the Evans supporters was sickening to view.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »

Marc I love you but don't be silly. Every player would play in the prem for £1k a week (assuming that was the standard abroad)

These guys get good at the age of 6/7/8 they are not thinking about £

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »

The naming and the bullying of the victim by the Evans supporters was sickening to view.

yes that was totally out of order wasn't it.

There are some professions and offences that are incompatible, if you have committed a child crime you can't work with kids.Can't be a lawyer if you have a deception offence and can't be a police officer if you've done an armed robbery etc. As far as I know there is no offence that rules you out of being a sportsman, so if the guy serves his time shouldn't he be treated as an ex criminal that is a sportsman and be allowed to do his job as an ex criminal that was a joiner or electrician would be allowed to do?

He played for my club and I never really thought they would take him back after he did his time so now it looks like it is a possibility I find myself swaying between 60/40 they should take him back and 40/60 the other way.

What changed my mind to he should be allowed back was reading all the TV shows and newspapers had been lobbying for him not to be taken back as if he has some mythical role model/or to be made an example of. So I do kind of agree with part of what you said, at best I think he is much closer to guilty of a crime than he is innocent and he was found guilty of being a rapist. Tho when people do their time they should be able to work in their chosen profession as long as it isn't the type of job/crime connection like the ones above.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

The more I think about this (especially after bobby1's last post) the more I wonder whether he should be able to play and if he is then surely there are certain restrictions on what he should be able to do.  For example nobody would let a sex offender be a teacher yet presumably if he is signed by a team they will want him to take part in community relations including going into schools etc?  If that was any other profession parents in schools etc would be horrified.  Obviously when he plays he isnt an immediate danger but there is a lot more to being a footballer these days.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »

Not sure what you expect him to do?

Are there a list of suitable jobs? Binman/Street cleaner/Sewage worker? Is he also then condemned to be, for example, a street cleaner, and never allowed to better himself, if you get my drift?

If you let the guy out, as bobby says, as long as it isnt related, I am not sure how you stop him, and still be treating him fairly.

If he isn't allowed, then surely he should still be locked up?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

The more I think about this (especially after bobby1's last post) the more I wonder whether he should be able to play and if he is then surely there are certain restrictions on what he should be able to do.  For example nobody would let a sex offender be a teacher yet presumably if he is signed by a team they will want him to take part in community relations including going into schools etc?  If that was any other profession parents in schools etc would be horrified.  Obviously when he plays he isnt an immediate danger but there is a lot more to being a footballer these days.

It's a good point that Red, it would deffo seem to be inappropriate for him to do that kind of community relations. I'm pretty sure it was agreed that Lee Hughes would not do any interviews or PR work when he returned to football. Just to add some context without wishing to downplay how serious rape is, Lee Hughes was responsible for killing someone and he was allowed to play(and is still playing now) tho there was certainly this kind of coverage when he went back to being a footballer.

What is probably another tricky area and I don't know how this would work but he would be out on licence so could he be recalled if he breaches his licence by committing an offence?

Gets into a murky area if technically he could get a red card for punching someone and get taken back into custody?

I don't know if that would actually happen but given the state of the media coverage I've seen the last few days I think it would be a something for him to consider if that was a possibility.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 09:55:49 PM »

There are some professions and offences that are incompatible, if you have committed a child crime you can't work with kids.Can't be a lawyer if you have a deception offence and can't be a police officer if you've done an armed robbery etc. As far as I know there is no offence that rules you out of being a sportsman, so if the guy serves his time shouldn't he be treated as an ex criminal that is a sportsman and be allowed to do his job as an ex criminal that was a joiner or electrician would be allowed to do?

He played for my club and I never really thought they would take him back after he did his time so now it looks like it is a possibility I find myself swaying between 60/40 they should take him back and 40/60 the other way.

What changed my mind to he should be allowed back was reading all the TV shows and newspapers had been lobbying for him not to be taken back as if he has some mythical role model/or to be made an example of. So I do kind of agree with part of what you said, at best I think he is much closer to guilty of a crime than he is innocent and he was found guilty of being a rapist. Tho when people do their time they should be able to work in their chosen profession as long as it isn't the type of job/crime connection like the ones above.

Even if he still maintains his innocence he should speak out against the behaviour of some of supporters. because if all victims were treated like this we would definitely see a drop in rape complaints.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »

Not sure what you expect him to do?

Are there a list of suitable jobs? Binman/Street cleaner/Sewage worker? Is he also then condemned to be, for example, a street cleaner, and never allowed to better himself, if you get my drift?

If you let the guy out, as bobby says, as long as it isnt related, I am not sure how you stop him, and still be treating him fairly.

If he isn't allowed, then surely he should still be locked up?

Oh sure it is a very difficult area and my gut feeling and initial reaction was that he should play but it is perfectly normal for sex offenders to have further restrictions placed on them that makes their lives difficult as part of that punishment and I am not sure he should be exempt from that just because he is a footballer and if he was straight up and accepted he had not behaved well and apologsed (even if he stopped short of admitting rape which may be perfectly reasonable) it would come across so much better than playing the victim in the way he has.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »

I am certain he has been told it would be "better" for him to put his hands up and admit to what he was charged with

He doesnt think he is though

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 11:04:57 PM »

I wouldn't employ him. There are no laws to stop him being employed, but I wouldn't employ him to clean the toilets where I work, never mind earn thousands a week to kick a ball around - I'd rather someone else got that money and the opportunity be given to someone else. Role model or not, being a professional footballer is a privileged position. He's abused that privilege. Lots of others have as well, and they're still employed and enjoy the trappings of being a professional footballer. I wouldn't employ them either.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »

It's part of the original point, why do these people think it is ok for them to decide they are the moral compass here, they seem to be using this criminals release as fodder for them to spout and write about. tbh it is laughable that the guy writes that Evans has now dragged the victim thru it all again when he has decided to write about it in one of the best selling newspapers. Why have these people decided this rapist should now have been a role model after he has offended  and that being a role model in their eyes makes his treatment after his release different to a regular guy on the streets treatment after his release?

Even if he still maintains his innocence he should speak out against the behaviour of some of supporters. because if all victims were treated like this we would definitely see a drop in rape complaints.

Absolutely this.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: