blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111506 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »

No sure what the point of producing rumours here is. 

I assume that a retrial is in order as there is some fresh evidence that if known at the orginal trial may have lead to a different verdict. 

That doesn't mean it defiitely would have lead to a different verdict. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2016, 11:20:45 AM »

No sure what the point of producing rumours here is. 

I assume that a retrial is in order as there is some fresh evidence that if known at the orginal trial may have lead to a different verdict. 

That doesn't mean it defiitely would have lead to a different verdict. 

To be fair the bloke was destroyed by the mob after the original trial so it's no surprise that his successful appeal will generate debate again.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »

the full judgement is here

http://collateral.vuelio.uk.com/RemoteStorage/judiciary/Releases/1648/DOC482.pdf

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2016, 11:51:49 AM »

Bringing up sexual history in rape trials is pretty controversial.   Wasn't "that website" offering rewards for information too?  Not sure this can end well.  I hope justice is done.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 21, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »

What's Ched looking at in terms of £££ if he's found to be innocent at the retrial? He was apparently on 20k a week at Sheff Utd when he got banged up, will his loss of earnings be taken into consideration? And future loss of earnings? Cos he ain't gonna get a £1m a year contract again anywhere!

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 21, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »

What's Ched looking at in terms of £££ if he's found to be innocent at the retrial? He was apparently on 20k a week at Sheff Utd when he got banged up, will his loss of earnings be taken into consideration? And future loss of earnings? Cos he ain't gonna get a £1m a year contract again anywhere!

Zero.  I can't see how he can prove himself completely innocent beyond reasonable doubt.  And as I understand it that is the criteria for compensation payment. 

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 21, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »

£20k + Sheffield United promotion. His wages would have gone up significantly surely.

Sadly, however, some blades fans have gone into over drive at the news and already asking for him back. He's still a convicted rapist, he just has a re-trial!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 21, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

How would people price the retrial?  big odds on he gets off?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

How would people price the retrial?  big odds on he gets off?

Heavy heavy odds on innocent
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 21, 2016, 04:05:48 PM »

Zero.  I can't see how he can prove himself completely innocent beyond reasonable doubt.  And as I understand it that is the criteria for compensation payment. 

How does he prove this Doobs?  If the court say he is innocent why doesn't he have a cast iron case for compensation of all reasonably expected forms of income he has lost out on since being jailed?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 21, 2016, 04:08:18 PM »

tbf bud they convicted him on evidence that seemed to fall well below the reasonable doubt threshold. Think it's good news they are looking again.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: April 21, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »

£20k + Sheffield United promotion. His wages would have gone up significantly surely.

Sadly, however, some blades fans have gone into over drive at the news and already asking for him back. He's still a convicted rapist, he just has a re-trial!

He's not a convicted rapist - that's what quashing a conviction means, it's as if it never happened.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »

exactly

he is now innocent until proven guilty or not in the retrial

finding a jury unaware of all the background is going to be tough, given the media coverage

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 21, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »

Think he got a rough deal and would back him at 1-2 in the re-trial
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2016, 04:13:33 PM »

exactly

he is now innocent until proven guilty or not in the retrial

finding a jury unaware of all the background is going to be tough, given the media coverage

I'm sure we could find 12 Blondes more than capable of going on jury duty Wink

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: