blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 110421 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »

Not sure how me having a different opinion to you makes me a "plum".

Ched Evans has been found guilty of rape by a jury.

He appealled and they found no reason to overturn that verdict.

He is appealling again and unless he is successful he is not only "convicted of rape".

He is a rapist.

Camel are you familiar with the Birmingham 6, Guilford 4, The Cardiff 3, Barry George, TC Campbell and Joe Steele to name but a few? 

All were convicted and the convictions were overturned after numerous appeals.  Look at the facts of the Ched Evans case as I have done recently only through becoming involved in this thread and the case against him looks pretty flimsy. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »

He is appealling again and unless he is successful he is not only "convicted of rape".

He is a rapist.

Camel are you familiar with the Birmingham 6, Guilford 4, The Cardiff 3, Barry George, TC Campbell and Joe Steele to name but a few?  

All were convicted and the convictions were overturned after numerous appeals.  Look at the facts of the Ched Evans case as I have done recently only through becoming involved in this thread and the case against him looks pretty flimsy.  

I certainly am.

If he is cleared, I will eat a large portion of humble pie and admit I was wrong.

Don't think it will be happening, but stranger things have occurred.

Tikay won a poker tournament once.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »

He is a rapist.

All were convicted and the convictions were overturned after numerous appeals.  Look at the facts of the Ched Evans case as I have done recently only through becoming involved in this thread and the case against him looks pretty flimsy. 

People far more versed in the evidence than you me and the Camel have decided amongst them that he is guilty. That is far more likely the case than what we can figure out from the internet.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »

He is a rapist.

People far more versed in the evidence than you me and the Camel have decided amongst them that he is guilty. That is far more likely the case than what we can figure out from the internet.

Maybe so but the same could be said of the other cases I pointed out. 
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »

The fact that the jury far more versed in the evidence found him guilty probably does mean there is something that none of us are aware of that makes the case a lot stronger.

However, just because he is found guilty and his appeal fails doesn't mean he IS a rapist, it means he is almost definitely a rapist!

Personally I think there is a 50/50 chance he gets cleared, however i can understand most people saying it is 1 in 10.

Keith will you let us a have a one in a million chance he is not a rapist?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2014, 07:12:18 AM »

I think for now, he should be banned at least until his complete 5 year sentence is served.

If he's innocent, he should concentrate on clearing his name. When he's exonerated, then he can return straight away.

If he's guilty, the football pitch is no place for a rapist. Football players who are caught match fixing or even spot fixing are banned for life.

Any ban less than life completely trivialises the crime.

Find yourself another career away from the limelight.

I really couldn't disagree with this more.

The legal system has run its course, Evans is now a free man and should be allowed to get back to work and re-integrate with society. He's unlikely to repeat the offence whilst he is at work so I can't see any reason why you would want him unemployed instead.

A ban from the FA should be for footballing reasons. Performance enhancing drugs, match fixing etc not for things completely unrelated to football.

If nothing else, Evans presence on the pitch is going to lead to violence off it.

Leaving moral arguments aside, that is enough to ban him IMO

Say what?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:15:42 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

Ched Evans: Sheffield United allow convicted rapist to train at club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29980279

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »

Charlie Webster currently on Newsnight talking about the case and her resignation as a Sheff Utd patron.  Very impressive individual and hugely convincing in her arguments imo.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »

I think for now, he should be banned at least until his complete 5 year sentence is served.

If he's innocent, he should concentrate on clearing his name. When he's exonerated, then he can return straight away.

If he's guilty, the football pitch is no place for a rapist. Football players who are caught match fixing or even spot fixing are banned for life.

The legal system has run its course, Evans is now a free man and should be allowed to get back to work and re-integrate with society. He's unlikely to repeat the offence whilst he is at work so I can't see any reason why you would want him unemployed instead.

A ban from the FA should be for footballing reasons. Performance enhancing drugs, match fixing etc not for things completely unrelated to football.

If nothing else, Evans presence on the pitch is going to lead to violence off it.

Say what?

Sheff United fans have already been recording singing "Ched Evans, he rapes who he wants"

Opposition fans are going to give him the most abuse any player has ever received. And it won't be even close.

I would put the chances of clashes between "fans" over this issue at circa 100%

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »

Charlie Webster currently on Newsnight talking about the case and her resignation as a Sheff Utd patron.  Very impressive individual and hugely convincing in her arguments imo.

I agree, she was excellent.

The rehabilitation argument the PFA is using is completely spurious.

How can you be rehabilitated if you don't accept what you've done is wrong?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »

Say what?

Sheff United fans have already been recording singing "Ched Evans, he rapes who he wants"

Opposition fans are going to give him the most abuse any player has ever received. And it won't be even close.

I would put the chances of clashes between "fans" over this issue at circa 100%

Yep, all this.

United fans are not exactly the tamest bunch anyway (My completely objective opinion as a Wednesday fan). I just don't see how this ever ends well for the Blades. He really will be the most aggressively booed player in history. It will be awful for the moral of the rest of the team, and Sheff U will just have to fork out for extra security/fines/media shit storms etc etc.

They need Sean Bean to take a stand IMO.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »

I agree, she was excellent.

The rehabilitation argument the PFA is using is completely spurious.

How can you be rehabilitated if you don't accept what you've done is wrong?

Seems to me people are using Sheff Utd as a scapegoat because they don't agree with the country's sentencing for the crime.  Or people don't think he should have been released if he didn't admit that he committed the crime and show remorse.  It's politicians/judiciary/parole boards that people need to complain to.

As things stand, he has served his punishment as dictated by society, so we should let the guy have a job of an employer is willing to employ him. 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »

The fact that the player will be booed should have zero impact on our views.  Shall we also ban Ashley Cole as well because opposition fans hate him?  Maybe we can ban panto villians as well as we don't want theatre unrest.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »

The fact that the player will be booed should have zero impact on our views.  Shall we also ban Ashley Cole as well because opposition fans hate him?  Maybe we can ban panto villians as well as we don't want theatre unrest.

Not saying he should or should not be banned based on booing, simply saying I think it's not worth doing from the teams point of view for the impact such booing will have on the crowds/atmosphere/team moral etc.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »

Believe me, the booing Ashley Cole, John Terry, Emmanuel Adebayor or Sol Campbell have ever got is going to be child's play to the abuse Evans will get,

I grant you a great deal of it will be from people who have no opinion on his crime or whether he should play or not. They will just be trying to cause trouble.

And they will succeed.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: