blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  50NL FULL RING: Flopped nuts with nut draw. advice on all streets
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50NL FULL RING: Flopped nuts with nut draw. advice on all streets  (Read 1996 times)
get_with_it
Probation

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 07:35:38 PM »

First post! hey guys. got caught up in multitabling and got lost in this hand. was really confused by the river, hopefully you all can help with the line i chose

I have  in the BB

CO min opens to $1, SB and I flat

(POT $3)

SB checks, I bet $2.75, CO calls and SB calls

(POT $11.25)

SB checks, I bet $5.55, CO raises to $15.35, SB folds and I call

(POT $42)

two spades

I check and CO bets $ 30, hero??

CO is virtually unknown. 30 hands on him and he's playing 17/10. dont know what is standard open is. thoughts on all streets please. ty!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:02 PM »

I'd prob check raise the flop > leading flop.

OTR, looks like a fold.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:07 PM »

And welcome to blonde mate:)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:12:05 PM by shipitgood » Logged
polerization

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

Hey welcome to blonde.
Think on the flop we can c/r as this is such a wet board so they are very likely to have caught a decent piece, this means we can build a bigger pot with a very strong hand (nuts with a redraw) allowing us to get to a spot were we're playing for stacks.
River I think has to be a call, I'm sure when I'm donked into on this flop I am raising my sets on this wet a board, so I can regain the betting lead as well as charge hands like KQ/QK Xcc and KJ/J9 it will also allow us to win a bigger pot of these hands. So if we presume he also raises sets (which he may not), then the only boats we are losing to now are J9/K9/22, pretty sure he doesn't get to the river with 22 so we are losing too two hands. Is this zoom or ordinary tables? I don't open J9o from the CO so id say J9s is realistic and same with K9 tbh leaving very few combos that beat us, this has to be a call?
guessing im wrong and the guy had JJ or something?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »

Hi there pal, welcome to the PHA!

I'm not entirely sure about the nearly pot sized lead on the flop. If we really want the lead, we want to be check raising and not donk betting, and we're probably not going to get raised all that often on this texture and we end up winning a smaller pot where we could play for stacks. I'm more likely to check raise if the CO bet and the SB called, but if we're going to be heads up, I'm happy check calling flop and check raising turn to let him continue with all his weak draws that might fold to a flop check raise, but would still want to bet the turn. We can still play for stacks this way, but we also keep all his bluffs in for one extra street. Check raising flop certainly isn't bad though, I'd just prefer to do so on the turn instead.

I definitely think that on the turn our villain can have all the FH combos (I'm opening J9os in the CO, and apparently I'm a nit, so what does that make you tyler? Go home and think about what you've been folding Wink ) plus some bluffs (some weaker draws maybe) or a hand like A9/Q9 etc. So, I'm not going anywhere on the turn.

As for the river, this can go either way. I don't if you play often enough to have enough stats to determine who the regs in the game are, and 30 hands isn't enough of a sample to really make any conclusions about a style of play. Against a random, I'm still pretty likely to call this river because I think he can be value betting worse and very occasionally be bluffing, but as a general tendency people don't bluff rivers anywhere near enough at 50nl so I kinda think a bluff is unlikely, and calling or folding this river is kinda close. I also think we've made this hand unnecessarily weird by donking flop, which I don't think I'd be doing with any hand on this texture.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:49:59 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »

Fold turn
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:58:28 AM »

Donk flop ok I think. Would be check raising flop most likely though. Check call my least preferred line, after check fold Wink

As played id bet the turn much bigger. $8 into 11ish sounds good, so much stuff that will call, think he's fairly price inelastic, so just go big imo.

I'd probs sigh call turn and probs fold a lot of rivers depending on his sizing. Anything over $22/23 I'm hating life. Vs this size I'm folding. Looks like a house all day long.

Welcome to blonde.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 02:03:21 AM »

bet bigger ott, snap fold to raise

c/r flop

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 04:39:49 PM »

just saw fullring, idk if im folding that much though, what do leading ranges look like in this player pool? people raise boats ott? At first glance i thought nh (i like the lead i think it gets checked through a lot) dont fold riv, but 9 players is so different.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »

Full ring? Shit lol now I fold turn :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:30 AM »

In game i prob never fold turn, but on paper it's really hard to see him either a) bluffing or b) raising anything ott that isn't a full house so folding turn has got to be best here imo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: