blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 148219 times)
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »

I will make an effort to play on other sites. Vote with your feet I say.
Will have to sign up for SKY now Tikay ;-)

Pure greed shown by Amaya in my opinion.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2014, 04:18:40 AM »

It'd help if Stars didn't keep telling me they are having to rake rebuys in future due to the new legislation when I know they are taxed on profits and not the amount being wagered. They say they are bringing the currency conversion charges in to bring themselves into line with other firms in the industry but do so by refusing to tell anyone. They strongly hint that the vip programme is going to be significantly reduced whilst telling us they offer the cheapest poker on the net. I'd honestly have more respect if they recorded Negreanu with a swag bag giving the finger instead of posts like this: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=45091975&postcount=1

He is actually saying a company with a 38% profit margin has to increase its prices in order to grow poker further. They said when Amaya took over that no immediate major changes would be occurring, and then wonder why there is an outcry from a chunk of their long term customers.

Just saw Rupert managing to get Negreanu on side https://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/status/528678718622167040

If they can prove me wrong I'll be happier than anyone. I particularly don't like being lied to. And even the biggest punter in the world is going to notice the 51$ hyper changing to 52.5$ and the 21 super ko going to 22. A tiny % of players consciously try to lose. A lot of guys on this forum who used to play online poker don't know because they don't feel like winners. Increasing rake won't change that.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 04:31:47 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »

Cutting the PokerStars Fat

http://www.pokerupdate.com/poker-opinion/cutting-the-pokerstars-fat/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

I thought pokerstars was an insanely profitable business,  40% margins and a few billion leftover after costs each year.

Good luck to any pro being paid a huge salary trying to sugar coat amayas new direction to the player base. One of the most obvious reactions  would be be akin to mts mertons famous question:  so mr galfond why would a player being paid $700000 p/a support a company implementing rake increases? Any professional player communicating the idea that making games unbeatable, quadrupling rake and introducing high variance high rake poker-pit-games is due to stars being finacially unstable or being done for the good of 'the game' longterm is going to look ridiculous.

Amaya hold player meetings already, and have improvement sub-forums on 2+2. Even before recent annoncements people were saying that the threads should be closed and the option to send no-one offered up to the vote.

Id respect a suit explaining why the shareholders will be happy with the recent changes more than a shill poker player saying something he doesnt believe in return for a greased palm and a swanky avatar. See negreanu's current standing for evidence of that. One great cost cutting exercise wouod be to take his smug face off the spam emails I reciecve each day.

Id respect the suit more because he is speaking his own languange, promoting his own agenda and clearly his interests are different to mine. I might not agree or be happy - but I wouldnt be patronised either.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:50:05 AM by teddybloat » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »

I think this is a typo, or just a random name, but Phil Galfond has nothing to do with pokerstars. He is just a player on there.

I thought pokerstars was an insanely profitable business,  40% margins and a few billion leftover after costs each year.

Good luck to any pro being paid a huge salary trying to sugar coat amayas new direction to the player base. One of the most obvious reactions  would be be akin to mts mertons famous question:  so mr galfond why would a player being paid $700000 p/a support a company implementing rake increases? Any professional player communicating the idea that making games unbeatable, quadrupling rake and introducing high variance high rake poker-pit-games is due to stars being finacially unstable or being done for the good of 'the game' longterm is going to look ridiculous.

Amaya hold player meetings already, and have improvement sub-forums on 2+2. Even before recent annoncements people were saying that the threads should be closed and the option to send no-one offered up to the vote.

Id respect a suit explaining why the shareholders will be happy with the recent changes more than a shill poker player saying something he doesnt believe in return for a greased palm and a swanky avatar. See negreanu's current standing for evidence of that. One great cost cutting exercise wouod be to take his smug face off the spam emails I reciecve each day.

Id respect the suit more because he is speaking his own languange, promoting his own agenda and clearly his interests are different to mine. I might not agree or be happy - but I wouldnt be patronised either.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »

sorry was a response to the article posted above me
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »

$82 hypers have gone from $80.60+$1.40 to $78.10+$3.90

The Double Chance turbos (which are virtually hyper turbos btw) have gone from Double Chances (no rake on 2nd chance) to re-entries (raked obviously, and up to 5!). You can re-enter up to 400/800(a) and bag yourself them 3k chips.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

$82 hypers have gone from $80.60+$1.40 to $78.10+$3.90

The Double Chance turbos (which are virtually hyper turbos btw) have gone from Double Chances (no rake on 2nd chance) to re-entries (raked obviously, and up to 5!). You can re-enter up to 400/800(a) and bag yourself them 3k chips.

They haven't changed normal hyper STTS yet?  I feel like I am one rake change away from having nothing worth playing anymore.  Looking on the bright side, I am sure there must be some excellent TV series I need to catch up ok from the last 8 years or so, and I am sure all new music can't be crap. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »

an interesting perspective

Jesse May @ScurrilousMay 

Sites are big oil and grinders are gas guzzlers. Both have been wholly irresponsible for years. But energy was always unsustainable.

Jesse May @ScurrilousMay 

Poker conservationists are long called crackpots. But a change to renewable energy takes sacrifice from sites and grinders both.

Jesse May ‏@ScurrilousMay

Those inside the industry nod their head. The rest bury their head. Me caveman. Me bash people good. Where people go?

I like Jesse but think he's smoked one too many with this tripe. The analogy of online poker to energy is pretty far-fetched.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »

an interesting perspective

Jesse May @ScurrilousMay 

Sites are big oil and grinders are gas guzzlers. Both have been wholly irresponsible for years. But energy was always unsustainable.

Jesse May @ScurrilousMay 

Poker conservationists are long called crackpots. But a change to renewable energy takes sacrifice from sites and grinders both.

Jesse May ‏@ScurrilousMay

Those inside the industry nod their head. The rest bury their head. Me caveman. Me bash people good. Where people go?

I like Jesse but think he's smoked one too many with this tripe. The analogy of online poker to energy is pretty far-fetched.

He's conflating one issue with another.

Should pro poker players be more respectful of the poker "ecosystem"? Yes.

Is jacking up the rake for everyone the best way to solve this? Hmm.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »

I had a bit of a back and forth with Stars support about the new exchange rates and rake changes when they sent me this gem

"Thank you for your message.

Please note that PokerStars did not introduce any exchange fee furtively."

Definition
Furtive - attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »

Yeah... I mean the owner of Sky is a good bloke and has never shown any greed. Oh wait...
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

Yeah... I mean the owner of Sky is a good bloke and has never shown any greed. Oh wait...

Haha! Nh.

I would be surprised if he even knew Sky Poker existed mind. And can confirm the guy who runs Sky Poker is most definitely a good bloke*.

*it's not tikay
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »

Haha! Nh.

I would be surprised if he even knew Sky Poker existed mind. And can confirm the guy who runs Sky Poker is most definitely a good bloke*.

*it's not tikay

Very good bloke he is indeed.

Looks a bit like this fella IMO

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »

Haha! Nh.

*it's not tikay

Very good bloke he is indeed.

Looks a bit like this fella IMO

An AD clearly made by breaking bad fans who thought they were being sooooooo clever
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: