blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272628 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 148507 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 06, 2016, 02:10:29 AM »

Justin Bonomo was heads up in a 2k side here in Monte Carlo. Did a deal with the guy (chip leader) where he (Bonomo) got the trophy so he could boycott the winners photo in protest of the VIP so called fraud.

Stars tell him he won't get paid if he doesn't do the photo, thats what he signed up for etc.

He then decides to make a sign with "Pokerstars stole $50,000 from me" to hold up for the photo.

They threaten to ban him from all PSLive events if he doesn't co-operate.

Believe he's given in and done the photo now.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 06, 2016, 02:41:07 AM »

"The Amount of Rake You Pay Doesn’t Determine Your Worth"

Quite an interesting piece here, though not specifically as to 'Stars.

http://www.parttimepoker.com/the-amount-of-rake-you-pay-doesnt-determine-your-worth

"And what if you’re business is incredibly noisy"

Lost me they're.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 06, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

6max tournaments finish faster so you can reg more tournaments and pay more rake I'd imagine is the logic behind it

Aren't six max PLO tournaments just better? Maybe I'm in the minority but I really dislike full ring PLO MTTs. The six-max progressive KOs that they run/ran were always my favourite. No reason there shouldn't be a mix though on that I wholeheartedly agree, making them all six max seems a mistake.

I'm quite enjoying playing those 6-max progressive KO's having got over the hump.

Thanks for the steer.

Hard to believe that they play 4-handed and 3-handed H4H for the final though, I'm guessing the software can't adapt to a 7-handed final. Only very slightly thin Wink

Ha, about as thin as me that, Ralph.

So where did you finish, & how much did you receive?

I did not comment on the 6 Max thing, seemed a bit spammy, as we only have 6 Max Next Door, so I'm a little one-eyed, but personally, I far prefer 6 Max in every format. Each to their own, I guess.

Anyway, well done on the Final Table. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 06, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »

Justin Bonomo was heads up in a 2k side here in Monte Carlo. Did a deal with the guy (chip leader) where he (Bonomo) got the trophy so he could boycott the winners photo in protest of the VIP so called fraud.

Stars tell him he won't get paid if he doesn't do the photo, thats what he signed up for etc.

He then decides to make a sign with "Pokerstars stole $50,000 from me" to hold up for the photo.

Good story, thanks for posting, Alex.

Let me get this right - Mr B is a Stars 'Pro, & wants to embarrass 'Stars with that stunt?

I'd sack him on the spot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »

Let me get this right - Mr B is a Stars 'Pro, & wants to embarrass 'Stars with that stunt?

Don't think he's a stars pro - and stars only got away with the "no payout without a photo stunt" because the event was in a 3rd world environment.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

Don't think he's a stars pro - and stars only got away with the "no payout without a photo stunt" because the event was in a 3rd world environment.

Ahh, understood.

Just ban him from future PS Live Events, then.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »

Ahh, understood.

I instinctively want to be on the other side of Justin Bonomo in an argument.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 06, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »

6max tournaments finish faster so you can reg more tournaments and pay more rake I'd imagine is the logic behind it

Aren't six max PLO tournaments just better? Maybe I'm in the minority but I really dislike full ring PLO MTTs. The six-max progressive KOs that they run/ran were always my favourite. No reason there shouldn't be a mix though on that I wholeheartedly agree, making them all six max seems a mistake.

I'm quite enjoying playing those 6-max progressive KO's having got over the hump.

Thanks for the steer.

Hard to believe that they play 4-handed and 3-handed H4H for the final though, I'm guessing the software can't adapt to a 7-handed final. Only very slightly thin Wink

I did not comment on the 6 Max thing, seemed a bit spammy, as we only have 6 Max Next Door, so I'm a little one-eyed, but personally, I far prefer 6 Max in every format. Each to their own, I guess.

Only managed 6/364 in an $11 KO PLO turbo-thingy for $64+$29 in bounties.

Very enjoyable as a turbo actually.

I liked full-ring because I could one-table and manage to cook my dinner simultaneously whereas six-max makes that impossible, so I now play a regular and a turbo after dinner.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 06, 2016, 12:42:40 PM »

I understand his sentiment, but he lacks any credibility for actually showing up and playing stars events.

@whollyflush on twitter
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »

Thanks for the steer.

Only managed 6/364 in an $11 KO PLO turbo-thingy for $64+$29 in bounties.

Very enjoyable as a turbo actually.

I liked full-ring because I could one-table and manage to cook my dinner simultaneously whereas six-max makes that impossible, so I now play a regular and a turbo after dinner.

I normally play the $55 normal speed and the 16.50 turbo, but then there is a big 2 hour gap till the 55 turbo and 27 hyper.  I don't mind then as comps, but then it means they finish at 1.  Would be so much better if they cut that gap by an hour.  It isn't like there is much hold em either.  There is a 100 turbo and then you are stuck with 33 and 44 knockouts that really aren't my cup of tea.  Previously there was a 55 and 33 turbo hold em kicking off between 8.30 and 9. 

The other hold em stuff just goes on too long.  Most on 2 plus 2 complaining the structure is now wrecked on tournaments that run from 7 till 3.  Why not just add another hour or two to make sure the recs don't show? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »

I understand his sentiment, but he lacks any credibility for actually showing up and playing stars events.

This. Those that moan the loudest are those that continue to play.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 06, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »

This. Those that moan the loudest are those that continue to play.

Is that the reason you no longer play on 'stars George?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:47 PM »

Nah Ralph- more personal circumstances.

Point I'm making is the only way stars will change is if people vote with their feet. The stars thread on twoplustwo is ridic. BUnch of grown men moaning about how their living has been effected

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: May 06, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »

Playing the event but not taking a picture is a very lame, slacktivism way to protest Amaya.

It's like owning an iPhone, but not using Safari, because capitalism.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

Ahh, understood.

I instinctively want to be on the other side of Justin Bonomo in an argument.

Justin Bonomo stole much more than 50k from the poker community with his multi accounting.

He should have been banned for life for what he did.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: