blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Best mortgage deal site?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best mortgage deal site?  (Read 2680 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:13:08 AM »

Any ideas for best deals other than the usual money saving expert/money supermarket sites? No idea if those sites are impartial or only push certain companies.

Cheers
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »

They're impartial insofar as all the companies on there have to pay to be listed and it's possible to pay extra for premium visibility.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »

We've always used an independent local broker.  Have had some ridiculously good deals over the years and they've always looked after everything for us.

Tend to use the online sites to compare what we are offered from the broker, and the broker has never been beaten in over 15 years.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »

We've always used an independent local broker.  Have had some ridiculously good deals over the years and they've always looked after everything for us.

Tend to use the online sites to compare what we are offered from the broker, and the broker has never been beaten in over 15 years.

^^
Defo this Woodsey and make sure you ask if they are "whole of market place" as opposed to some who just use a panel of lenders and will steer you in the direction of the company who earn them/their firm the biggest procuration fee (the fee the lender pays them for finding you).

If you want to chat to our guy, who has helped or spoken to a few guys on here then feel free to PM ur number and I will get them to bell you.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:39:32 AM »

Ok mate, cheers for that. I've been turning down offers from the estate agents to speak with their in house guys, maybe I should re-evaluate that one.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »

On second thoughts, are the guys attached to estate agents fully independent?
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »

I've always questioned that.  Don't know for definite, but have tended to steer clear.

The brokers will earn a fee from the mortgage company you use, but this should always be very clear and transparent in the paperwork and details.

Not sure where you are based, but here's a link to the guys we use - http://www.davidsondeem.co.uk

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

They will have to disclose their status, i.e. tied, whole of market, independent (w.o.m is technically independent too, just you have to offer fees to be called independent)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »

They will have to disclose their status, i.e. tied, multi-tied, whole of market, independent (w.o.m is technically independent too, just you have to offer fees to be called independent)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »

Why not go direct, the application tends to go through quicker and you will still get the same deals. 

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

Why not go direct, the application tends to go through quicker and you will still get the same deals. 

Not all the agents are whole of market for example countrywide with brands such as Bairstows, Abbots, Frank Knight etc are a panel of lenders.

The reason not to go direct is that once you have signed up the guy/gal you sign up with is moving onto the next client but if you do it with a broker even if they charge a small fee it is them doing all the chasing through for you and ensuring its a speedy and hopefully stress free process and couple this with all the MMR changes that came into play earlier this year it's worth doing it through a 3rd party.

One of the banks who never used intermediaries at all have recently allowed it due to the MMR changes as they know the brokers will package all the cases correctly to send to them.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:20 PM »

My old man is in that game mate, and I know he is independent.

I'll PM you his number, if you want to give him a ring for a chat.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »

Cheers for the help lads, had a few PMs also so will have a think about it all.  thumbs up
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

i work for a financial advisors part time at uni, wouldnt use price comparison sites or brokers. Brokers charge you a fee when setting it up, and the sites dont give you the best prices on the market, just the quotes available to you.
IFAs are fee free and are whole of market, would defo go through one of them to help you out

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 01:21:54 PM »

Not all the agents are whole of market for example countrywide with brands such as Bairstows, Abbots, Frank Knight etc are a panel of lenders.

The reason not to go direct is that once you have signed up the guy/gal you sign up with is moving onto the next client but if you do it with a broker even if they charge a small fee it is them doing all the chasing through for you and ensuring its a speedy and hopefully stress free process and couple this with all the MMR changes that came into play earlier this year it's worth doing it through a 3rd party.

One of the banks who never used intermediaries at all have recently allowed it due to the MMR changes as they know the brokers will package all the cases correctly to send to them.

I'm an underwriter with Nationwide mate and find the total opposite.  Broker cases are more likely to lie dormant because invariably many brokers deal with far too many lenders that they don't produce the required documentation and it causes unnecessary delays.  When I say go Direct I don't mean popping into a branch and dealing with an inhouse Mortgage Consultant I mean do it yourself.  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: