blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Million Dollar Deal 1999
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Million Dollar Deal 1999  (Read 21669 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2014, 05:21:27 PM »

When bf had their Singapore tournament a few people were chosen for a documentary for free buyin, hotel flights etc. Was mix of people, one worked played recreationally, 1 pro who had amazing work ethic, a female vegan who was as far away from the typical poker player as u could find and I was obv "their degen". Before had cameras go to Romford dogs with me, watch me gamble online and stuff- cribs style tour of house where I lived with parents so as unballa as you can get. When we got to Singapore they filmed me and friends at the racetrack and sorted it so I presented the Singapore Derby winner- think was Derby. We bet the winner as well, and gave it a decent cheer home that the prime minister was in the box next to us and was wondering what was going on. The documentary never made it onto tv thank god as looking back would have been portrayed awfully no don't and cringe thinking about it. Think was in 2006/7??

Wonder how much it would cost to get the tapes out of storage....someone start a staking thread maybe?

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »

Ha just incase anyone can dig it out am deleting that
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:31:02 PM by Dubai » Logged
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »

Lmao at you getting picked as the degen in that field......Wasn't Thomas Bihl Buzzer on BF?  Used to play with him 60-70 times a day at one point and I think Arbboy probably played him more.  Wonder what happened to him.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »

Yeah he was sponsored by betfair at the time- he runs some sort of staking house now in Thailand from what I gather. Used to bet pretty big on US sports as well
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »

good old Bihl 'buzzer' from the betfair stt's back in the day.  What happened to him dave?  Any idea?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »

Yeah he was sponsored by betfair at the time- he runs some sort of staking house now in Thailand from what I gather. Used to bet pretty big on US sports as well

Yes was a big arber i think as well as stt's.  Used to lay a lot of his action at canbet in 2003/4 when i worked there.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »

Buzzer is a good friend of mine.

Pretty much retired from poker, he is sports betting now.

Just launched a tipping site www.valuecappers.com

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2014, 12:19:28 PM »

You notice Jacarama took his kids to Nandos! I didnt even realise they started that long ago....
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

Its surprising how differently I view the players in this show now. When I first watched this at about 22 years old, I thought it all looked very exciting. Now watching this at 34, the only player I have any respect for was the geologist who works to provide for his family.  I have no time for any of the rest of them.  When I watched LNP years ago Jacarama seemed wild and an exciting poker player who I thought was a cool guy, now he just seems like a bit of a loser.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »

Enjoyed those docs. Thanks.
A few legends of the uk circuit in there! Even a young thewy in the background chopping up cash with ross in the irish open i think.
Jas perdesi too... Eating in every scene and avoiding the brass in moscow.

Just exactly what was the womans issue with men? And poker players, she had serious issues that she probably needs help with to make a documentary like that.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »

Why did the players agree to be on this?

Can't see a single reason why they'd want to even without knowing the hachet job the director would do on them in the second programme.

I'll ask Bushy next time I speak to him.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »

Can't see a single reason why they'd want to even without knowing the hachet job the director would do on them in the second programme.

Trying to cast my mind back to how the poker landscape was back then.  Poker was only just emerging and it may have seemed that sponsorships were being handed out to anyone that happened to win a £100 tourny somewhere that week perhaps to a group of people that were almost entirely unknown outside of poker.  So I suppose it was understandable that lots of them were falling over each other for a chance to be on the telly.  But then again, if you were desperate to advance your poker C.V, I'm surprised that volunteering to be filmed arranging to pick up brasses would be the way to go Cheesy  Definitely a couple of them were shrewd enough to give it a swerve, but plenty of them clearly didn't see it coming.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »

Maybe they just wanted to be on TV?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »

Maybe they just wanted to be on TV?

Sorting out a brass for that night is not what 99.9999999999999% of people would want to be on TV for.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: