blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live hand £1/£2
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live hand £1/£2  (Read 7377 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Boom, just sat'd into UKOPS 3 main!!

Anyway the hand

After tanking for 5 mins i decided that he was bluffing more often than Value betting for that amount. He turned over  three diamonds (not a bad read Ed). Is calling a £70 raise on the flop with bottom pair a long term winning move or is it ok to call then evaluate the turn?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Nice one well done mate, good luck in it tonight.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »

I actually think the fact that he called with this hand pre and on the flop is a fantastic justification for 3bing pre and betting all three streets :p

I respectfully disagree, but then that's the beauty of the game Smiley

O Ed, if only more people could respectfully disagree Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 05:40:09 PM »

I actually think the fact that he called with this hand pre and on the flop is a fantastic justification for 3bing pre and betting all three streets :p

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 05:56:31 PM »

Obvious new signature is obvious Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »

Personally, i think raising pre is the best play. Would make it probably £40 more and if we took it down there, great. If not we'll stand a solid chance winning the pot postflop with the initiative and i believe people will flick it in with hands like suited Aces and KT/QT/JT/T9 type hands which we'll dominate. We're quite unlikely to be being trapped or beaten preflop but if someone does come over the top we can happily just throw it away with no real harm done.

On this board we quite likely have the best hand with a number of worse ones able to continue so i'd have bet at least flop and turn here, and possibly river too villain dependent. C/c river might also be good on this runout. As played think you just have to flick in the £270 and pay the man, I really like his turn check when he turns trips.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »

Slag.

You kids all play so goddamn aggressive.

Allez!!
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »

Raising preflop is fine, but make it bigger. You don't really want any callers, and you definitely don't want lots of callers!

Bet the turn. Usually this will be an exploitative bet/fold. As played, toss a coin on the river and/or try to make some sort of ninja live read lol.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »

I think i have to go back about 3 years since this was last a bluff in a UK cash game.

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 05:06:05 PM »

You make the hand very difficult for yourself when you bump the straddle, especially by the amount that you that you did. To my mind there's no real merit in raising pre at all....if you were to do so the sticking twenty on top isn't really going to chase out the "crumb bums and shoe clerks" in this situation. All that ends up happening is you bloat the pot oop with a hand that it's tough to flop really well with.

As played pre... I would continue the flop, but a little smaller than you did, say £55. The outcome will be the same, but the pot size a little more manageable.

We then go to the turn with £269 in there and about £620 back against the big stack. The shorter of the two players now has about £160 back.

Turn I think warrants another barrel. £105 plenty. Pray you don't get raised.

River, empty the clip with 40% pot. If you've found someone who will bluff jam at £1/2 then God bless him, otherwise if he raises he just has it.

Comfortably the best though is to not raise pre and manage the size of the pot.

Post reads as though he had similar?

Solid post Ed thought it was good on my initial read through. Post more please. And my first thought was £24 pre really does not help our case. Although amazingly we pick up two folds.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: