blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Early in the Benjamin on FT facing turn donk from a good reg
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early in the Benjamin on FT facing turn donk from a good reg  (Read 1485 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »

110bbs deep in the Benjamin on Full Tilt on a Wednesday night. Opponent is someone who I would consider a very competent and good reg. I assume he would think I am a bad reg (this is what I assume most people think of me), but I don't know for sure. We have played some hands together though over the years.

Who flats pre and who three bets?
What do we make of the range for his turn donk?
Turn call seems standard?
What do we do on the river?

Full Tilt Poker Game #34937525202: The Benjamin (281041853), Table 7 - NL Hold'em - 15/30 - 18:16:36 CET - 2014/11/19 [12:16:36 ET - 2014/11/19]
Seat 1: m1ndCrtl (2,870)
Seat 2: das_rektumous (5,905)
Seat 4: Mikleler (2,879)
Seat 5: jellyfish223 (2,955)
Seat 6: Kamikaze94 (2,020)
Seat 7: good reg (3,331)
Seat 8: bergeroo (3,710)
Seat 9: SPRAGGS (2,955)
m1ndCrtl posts the small blind of 15
das_rektumous posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bergeroo [ ]
Mikleler folds
jellyfish223 folds
Kamikaze94 folds
good reg raises to 90
bergeroo has 15 seconds left to act
bergeroo raises to 270
SPRAGGS folds
m1ndCrtl folds
das_rektumous folds
good reg calls 180
*** FLOP *** [ two hearts ] (Total Pot: 585, 2 Players)
good reg checks
bergeroo bets 240
good reg calls 240
*** TURN *** [ two hearts ] [] (Total Pot: 1,065, 2 Players)
good reg bets 421
bergeroo has 15 seconds left to act
bergeroo calls 421
*** RIVER *** [ two hearts ] [] (Total Pot: 1,907, 2 Players)
good reg has 15 seconds left to act
good reg bets 1,098
bergeroo Huh?
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »

Some will disagree but think 3b is too big. By 3bing smaller we give him a better price to peel all dominated hands which may not peel a full 3x 3bet, also deeper SPR (hes most likely not gonna lose 3 streets by flopping a dominated top pair if we 3x 3bet as bets will be significantly bigger, but if we make the 3b smaller pre then bets postflop will be smaller). We're also in position with a really really good hand so we obiously want him to peel. Think we have to 3b pre for value.

The flop bet should be much much bigger, we need to protect. His calling range isn't going to change much. Whats calling 240 what isn't calling ~400 for atleast one? Kind of think our flop sizing is super exploitable, because we cant be expected to bet this small with a really good value hand, which opens the door to our opponent to fuck with us. I think this sizing is the mistake.

makes this board soso much more co-ordinated, I' personally just fold. Your opponents range is super uncapped, and you have a one pair hand on a really really co-ordinated / wet board, even if we're winning, our opponent is likely to have ALOT of equity versus us and I imagine we're going to face a bet on pretty much every river, nearly always. If we call river, looking back we will have played a 100bb pot with 1 pair down 3 streets on   two hearts , which in the longterm probably isn't good.

When we get to the river, we're also kind of uncapped in our opponents eyes, so its pretty rare for him to be bluffing. We can have; nut spades, sets, some straights...etc I doubt hes gonna bluff into our range when its contains a lot of strong hands and very few weak ones / missed draws.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:44:37 PM by youthnkzR » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »

If you are folding top top on that turn card to a smallish donk bet, isn't that majorly exploitable by people who float you oop and bluff scary turns? - or is that something that most people don't do very often?
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »

If you are folding top top on that turn card to a smallish donk bet, isn't that majorly exploitable by people who float you oop and bluff scary turns? - or is that something that most people don't do very often?

If we bet bigger on the flop, its almost a 0 number of times we get floated OOP by an opponent having that intention. Seems stupid vs us being uncapped. Us betting 240 may cap us in his mind, and that may lead us to getting exploited. Even vs our 240 bet I think its rare we get a good opponent to float oop with marginal equity. Only roughly 1/4 of the deck is a potential 'scare card', and that's IF we have one pair.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:39:28 PM by youthnkzR » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »

Us betting 240 may cap us in his mind

Interesting you say that. I wonder why you or indeed he might draw that conclusion from sizing?

I would suppose that AK is actually one of the best hands I can have here. I don't think I ever have 22. I possibly wouldn't three bet with 99 or indeed K9. And if I had KK or Aces I might check it back sometimes, though perhaps not in this exact spot vs this opponent.

But I think I would use this sizing with KK or with Q high if I wanted to bet. Same sizing for every hand.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »

Because betting 240 with a value hand when he's calling alot more is silly. U really don't need to be that balanced vs a reg whose likely going to be mass multi tabling. Bet sizing should be more dependant on board texture than being ridiculously unnecessarily balanced when it's not really gonna affect his calling range. Hes not folding KQ for eg to 400 so why not bet that? We're losing tons of value
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »

Fold turn for me. Just give him the nh bro, doubt anyone good is floating oop here. Best case he has a combo and we are going to have to guess some rivers.  I like the balanced approach too but it's farewell will get cards to barrel so one and done us ok and when have that Game plan we can size a bit bigger

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: