blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Ferry Fire
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ferry Fire  (Read 3104 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »

At face value it seems critical of people who would post in response to a plane accident as opposed to a ferry tragedy.  Seems bizarre to me in either circumstance to start making this point.

Part of the point I was trying to make. Almost like the rest of us are odd for not jumping on the thread. Then to see the "oo how exciting" that people are in a dangerous plane situation, just makes you wonder how some people think.

He does have 40k posts though, so must be constructive.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »

Not a response to this post.  People dying on ferries just isn't as exciting as people dying on planes.

Same as the Korean ferry disaster compared to the Malaysian flight crash.

This is a strange post.  Are you having a go at everyone, or just those that posted on one thread but not the other?

I can't see why you think he's having a go at anyone.

I wasn't.

I was also more interested in the plane story than the ferry one. Just an observation that it seems to be the way for many on here as well as in the media.

However, apparently that means I'm having a go at people, in particular BigAdz who looks like he's spoiling for a fight with his well-considered arguments.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »

At face value it seems critical of people who would post in response to a plane accident as opposed to a ferry tragedy.  Seems bizarre to me in either circumstance to start making this point.

Making an observation on an internet forum is bizarre?

Anyway, at least this thread has some replies now...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: