blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  walking along, singing a song
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: walking along, singing a song  (Read 95617 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »

right its been a couple of weeks now since my health has been good enough to start playing poker again
i am still not in perfect health but its better than i have been in along time and 18 months off the weed is helping my pockets
i am no longer tied to a bankroll as i can refill when i go broke now which will happen more often than i would like
but i want somewhere in public that i can chart my progress and that will keep me from entering $55 Mtts which are above my abilty
away from the prying eyes of those that dont understand swings and roundabouts of poker

i primarily play on stars only because it has the best software best liquidity and i am used to it playing it since it was in beta testing before they had real money games

i have now set up my lobby to open on my favourites to stop me getting tempted into entering something i shouldn't

most of the games i will play are 45 man SNG turbos $3.5 buy in these run frequently till about 2 am then they slow down
and i will play PSKOs <5$ and PLO8 freeze <5$
there is around 1 or 2 Mtts that will open ever hour to keep me from getting bored of 45 man
i am finding it better 5 tabling on 1 screen moving tables around so that
the comps i am deeper or short stacked in i will make larger then the others
if i have had a good week on the tables and i have nothing on the next day
i will take shots at the storm big 11 and million super-sat 100 gtd
gonna drop the NLO8 hyper 6 man from my games until i get used to a faster pace
and i get over the temptation to tilt

i will also be using my new super-fast fibre broadband for catching up on films and tv that i have missed all these years being an international playboy (i mean a smoker down the pub)
so please feel free to recommend a film or program to watch i tried to watch the fellowship of the rings tonight gave up after 40 minutes and put on some elementary season 2
sundays will be NFL night during the season

i reset my sharkscope during the micro millions as a few big wins 4/5 years ago including the 12.1k win in a free-roll would mask alot
OPR doesn't include the free-roll win and the early sats that i used to play to get into bigger events
it has me up about $3k so i know i used to be able to make a slight profit but most if that is HI/LO
i might reset my sharkscope again for the diary

i will post a sharkscope of my performances before a session begins (wont have a true figure at end of play as some comps will have 12 hours plus left to play)

my goal is to have fun while not losing my shirt and any returns will be a forsyth

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »

seems like im first! either get sky go, or putlocker lord of the rings. im actually watching lord of the rings on it now as i speak!!
ray donovan is the best show on tv atm in my opinion, and my fave of all time is boston legal. if you watch either of those, theyll keep you entertained for a while!
GLGL

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »

seems like im first! either get sky go, or putlocker lord of the rings. im actually watching lord of the rings on it now as i speak!!
ray donovan is the best show on tv atm in my opinion, and my fave of all time is boston legal. if you watch either of those, theyll keep you entertained for a while!
GLGL

i have sky go ffs my sky bill for just tv is £93+  with 2 multi room packages added on aswell
before watching anything streaming while on line gave me lag now i am fine

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 07:08:13 PM »

going to play tonight while watching the nfl
going to play the 3 sunday games i mentioned above

havent been able to reset my sharkscope as it seems like its down just now

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:57:48 AM »

going to play tonight while watching the nfl
going to play the 3 sunday games i mentioned above

havent been able to reset my sharkscope as it seems like its down just now

It was offline all day yesterday, but is up again now.

Good luck with the Diary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 05:57:46 PM »

not a great day in the office to start off my diary

stopped playing around 11.30 when variance was kicking my ass

even the 1 cash i had resulted in 4th when i shoved AT<AA then K8<KK 2 hands later

going to play a short session tonight as off to aberdeen tomorrow for a biannual pit stop at the hospital

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »

i played for about an hour and my mind wasnt really in it
the 2 MTTs i played went beat over beat
so decided to cut session short

great end to session wiping out all of yesterdays losses
still got the 2 MTTs to be added to the graph so -$6.60 from the

bit disappointed thats the PSKO week in 2 weeks time doesn't include the smaller comps
think i will have to have a good 2 weeks if i am going to try any of them

tempted to play the $11 HE and try and try to sat into the NLO8 82$

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 02:45:09 AM »

didnt play anything on tuesday i was shattered by the time i got back from aberdeen

played for about 6 hours tonight but was getting tired and the SNG's were starting to fill slowly so heading to bed

with just under $70 profit will shark scope in when i get up and all the games are finished

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »

Wouldn't watch stuff and play at the same time especially if you're not that confident in your game.
GL mate
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

I have to watch stuff while I am playing been doing in since I started playing if I don't have a distraction from the games I start playing too many hands and spewing chips.

I have been tempted to play fm2015 at same time as I play but it involves too much thinking I am better off just watching throw away to series that I have seen before or new stuff I don't need to think deeply about

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »

going to try and play a full 10 hours plus today so hope to get the games total up towards the 180 mark

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

playing last night thought i was doing ok for a nice result in the + column was a bit shocked to see i had a big loss
did ok in the scheduled games which kept the numbers of SNGs down had a win and a 2nd early in the SNGs but ended up losing alot on them
as everything else was busting early or round the bubble played only for about 8.5 hours when i decided to close down as i had bust the last scheduled event
after  throwing away good chips when i 3b a UTG raiser with a 2UTG flat caller, BB then shoved UTG shoved over and 2UTG reshoved looking at all there bountys
i decided to call off most my stack with 99 when a fold would of left me with 1.5x average stack UTG had TT 2UTG KK bb AQs kings held

finished somewhere are 80-90 out of nearly 5k i am sure i could of gotten away from the 99 not so sure about the QQ

i then got back to average stack and 3b called with QQ<AA same guy who had the KK in the hand above

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »

the complexities of being a cripple, had only just started a session when i accidentally split a can of a well know fizzy drink over my lap, not a problem in the real world, but said drink can have a sticky effect and if allowed to dry pull the skin away when taking off the trousers. as i didnt just want to blind out while i took a 45 minute or so break to get in  the shower and dressed again i went full clothed into the shower for a minute or 2 to make sure no fizzy drink was still stuck on my skin then wound down the games (no cashes in those 5 so i might have well or just blinded out) while soaking wet, jumped in shower got changed and dressed and off to play some more

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 02:59:53 AM »

winding down the session for the night just got the 1 table open FT of a PLO8
unfortunately its just a $2 game without a gtd which made 81 runners and only $44 for the win

better news is i have more money in my account than i had when i started tonight

off to inverness for some dad dancing tomorrow night might play a few games before i leave or some to wind down with then i get home

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 03:27:55 AM »

Heads UP with monkey matt674 brings back memories

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: