blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 86034 times)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »

Love Impartial Debate
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »

1 Rangers kept the second highest wage bill in Scotland, from bottom league, all the way up. That's WAY beyond splashing cash to come up - Gretna did it in successive years for £4m - Rangers pissing away approx £70m was grandstanding.

call it what you like irresponsible spending as if money was no object over spending on players wages that wasn't needed  maintaining a premiership squad while in tier 3 and 4

i call this splashing the cash or wasting money

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »

1 Rangers kept the second highest wage bill in Scotland, from bottom league, all the way up. That's WAY beyond splashing cash to come up - Gretna did it in successive years for £4m - Rangers pissing away approx £70m was grandstanding.

call it what you like irresponsible spending as if money was no object over spending on players wages that wasn't needed  maintaining a premiership squad while in tier 3 and 4

So do I, but you insist on saying it was to get to the top league, I'm saying it was to keep up the 'same club/big club' illusion. No-one with half a brain would have condoned that spending even as a money no object way of going up the leagues.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2017, 08:26:50 PM »

So do I, but you insist on saying it was to get to the top league, I'm saying it was to keep up the 'same club/big club' illusion. No-one with half a brain would have condoned that spending even as a money no object way of going up the leagues.

yeah it was to act the big boy it was to get up the league it was so they could try (they failed) to compete in the cups it was a total waste of money they could of gone up the leagues at a fraction of the cost build up a fighting fund for when they got back into the SPL and be in a great position but no they splashed/wasted the cash that was coming in from ticket sales paying wages thats put 11 out of the 12 teams in the SPL to shame
they were able to attract players that aberdeen and hearts craved it was stupidity of the highest order

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »

linesman issued with a red card at killie vrs dundee game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39840405

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2017, 09:49:04 PM »

Keeping the discussion here to save dummies being spat....

Looks like the top scorer bet has another potential twist, with Liam Boyce of Ross Co now drawing with Sinclair. A couple of games each to go. Although Sinclair seems to like scoring against Hearts who we have in the last game. Would be ironic if, after all the arguments it was someone from Ross Co who won...

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

50 years ago today Celtic became the first non Latin team to win the European Cup with a team assembled from within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park.

Hail Hail the Lisbon Lions 
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »

50 years ago today Celtic became the first non Latin team to win the European Cup with a team assembled from within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park.

Who was the first Latin team to win the European Cup with a team assembled from within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park?  Wink

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »

Who was the first Latin team to win the European Cup with a team assembled from within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park?  Wink

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 26, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »

Ha, yeah the punctuation could have been better there  Smiley
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

Ha, yeah the punctuation could have been better there  Smiley

And apart from that, there was plenty of Latin spoken on a Sunday in those days.  Wink
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2017, 11:30:14 PM »

unlucky tomorrow guys

3-1 to the dons

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2017, 03:23:09 AM »

unlucky tomorrow guys

3-1 to the dons