blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Dilemna
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dilemna  (Read 8639 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »

Had a bet today in a Ladbrokes shop (not entirely for myself) which was lucky enough to win and returned £1412.50.  The girl counted out the money and I just put it straight in my pocket.  I stayed in the shop and had another couple of bets and won a small amount which they didn't have the cash to pay me so I said I would return tomorrow.  When I got back to the car and counted the bundles she had given me I realised that she had paid me £100 too much but had obviously not discovered it yet but given how long I had stayed I don't think they would have traced it to me.  Do you take it back?  In terms of mitigating factors etc they are always fair to me in there and it is the only Ladbrokes close to where my parents live, I know from working for Ladbrokes that a £100 cash difference could be a firing offence (but is probably only like a 20% shot), I am not exactly flush at the moment and it isn't an insignificant sum for me but giving it back isn't going to ruin Xmas etc, they try and lay me a bet in there (most Ladbrokes are like that to be fair) and definitely treat me better than 90% of shops I go in, in terms of my dealings with Ladbrokes in my name they don't entertain me at all and actually a few things they have done this year have caused me some significant difficulties. 

I have already made my decision but just interested in what others would do.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »

Return the £100, & you'll feel better.

If you don't, & they start messing you around, you'll be thinking "if only I had taken that £100 back".

You expect to be paid in full, & you'd be miffed if they short-changed you. That's a 2 way street. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »

It would for me 100% depend on if I would have got the money back if it was me who had been shorted. Regardless of the answer being due to honesty or incompetence.

Go back in, if they dont remember they gave you too much then whats the chances they remember theyd paid you too little.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:56:15 PM by icles test » Logged
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »

oh and thin brag brah
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »

oh and thin brag brah

Obv missed the not entirely for me bit ;-)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »

Hand it back.

what they would do the other way round is irrelveant, do unto them as you would want them to do to you

Karma.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »

Put it on a 16/1 shot. It's like giving it back anyway. Tip them a oner if it comes in

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »

I would return it as otherwise the gambling gods will look down on you dimly and you will knock in a lot more than the extra hundo you now have.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »

Keep it, tip the staff £50 when your next in.  

Think how many times they have mugged punters off, how likely is it they spot the £100 and sack an individual?  I mean how do you trace it?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »

Tighty wins.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »

Put it on a 16/1 shot. It's like giving it back anyway. Tip them a oner if it comes in

Like that.

Stick it on one of Eso Kral's tips, it's effectively the same as giving the £100 back, but it satisfies the gambling bug. They give you an "I am an Ice Cream" sticker, too. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

Think how many times they have mugged punters off, how likely is it they spot the £100 and sack an individual?  I mean how do you trace it?

Ladbrokes 100% trace it.  Her till will be £100 wrong.  When I worked for Ladbrokes nearly 20 years ago I remember a staff member getting fired for a £100 cash difference....it is obviously worth a bit less now and circumstances might be different etc but she gets a severe bollocking and written warning at best I would think.  Pretty sure I got a written warning for a score difference all those years ago (although I was worlds worst cashier to be fair....too busy watching the racing)

icles test

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »

Hand it back.

what they would do the other way round is irrelveant, do unto them as you would want them to do to you

Karma.

Yes because karma is massively relevant.

icles test

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »

Ladbrokes 100% trace it.  Her till will be £100 wrong.  When I worked for Ladbrokes nearly 20 years ago I remember a staff member getting fired for a £100 cash difference....it is obviously worth a bit less now and circumstances might be different etc but she gets a severe bollocking and written warning at best I would think.  Pretty sure I got a written warning for a score difference all those years ago (although I was worlds worst cashier to be fair....too busy watching the racing)

to be fair though, she aint suited to the job.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

Hand it back.

Karma.

Yes because karma is massively relevant.

redarmi asked for opinions, i gave mine as to what would be relevant to me

what's your problem?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: