blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:01:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2015
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2015  (Read 3929 times)
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »

Can't wait.

Great to see them move the start times for the huge events to 10am. Logistically should ease the pressure and should allow the fields to smash last years monster stack figure.

Fantastic that the big news also centres round a 565$, plus the change in chip stacks too. Looks like they are looking after the recreational player this year and it's gonna make for a fun series.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »

In before DTD bail out the WSOP for the $5 million event.

Jokes aside, love the idea of it, and genuinely think without DTD & the ISPT, they would not have put up such a generous guarantee.

Agree totally Dave.

And that $565 affair, with a $5 milly guarantee, will be a media bomb, it will be HUGE. Not sure about "good for poker" but certainly not bad.

I like most of what I've seen of the 2015 schedule so far, actually.

The only drawback for European players & sites to that $565 thing is how to sensibly run qualifiers. To send a player to play that, I guess the sum is....

Entry $565 (call it £400)

Return Air Fare = £700

7 nights (minimum sensibly, imo) in a Vegas Hotel, $500, call it £350.

Spending money, £250

So you get to a number of around £1,750 for a £400 jobbie. Not sure that works, really. Be hege fun for the recreationals to go play, though.

Admittedly, it has a whopping Guarantee, but it all stacks up a bit exes-heavy for the Europeans.

As it's a reentry affair, with upto 4, the sites could run its as a $2260 poker package plus expenses.  Should the players only need 1 entry then it'd be either a nice extra bit of expenses or another WSOP BI.

The Monster Stack of course could also form a side event Vegas experience package.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 10:32:54 AM »

Jokes aside, love the idea of it, and genuinely think without DTD & the ISPT, they would not have put up such a generous guarantee.

Agree totally Dave.

And that $565 affair, with a $5 milly guarantee, will be a media bomb, it will be HUGE. Not sure about "good for poker" but certainly not bad.

The only drawback for European players & sites to that $565 thing is how to sensibly run qualifiers. To send a player to play that, I guess the sum is....

Return Air Fare = £700

Spending money, £250

So you get to a number of around £1,750 for a £400 jobbie. Not sure that works, really. Be hege fun for the recreationals to go play, though.

Admittedly, it has a whopping Guarantee, but it all stacks up a bit exes-heavy for the Europeans.

As it's a reentry affair, with upto 4, the sites could run its as a $2260 poker package plus expenses.  Should the players only need 1 entry then it'd be either a nice extra bit of expenses or another WSOP BI.

The Monster Stack of course could also form a side event Vegas experience package.

There should be more multi-event packages of this nature. Nowt worse than winning a satty, busting early, and being skint in another country for x days.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »

Agree totally Dave.

Return Air Fare = £700

Spending money, £250

There should be more multi-event packages of this nature. Nowt worse than winning a satty, busting early, and being skint in another country for x days.

All that assumes that European-facing sites can get a Licence to offer WSOP Sats, both from the WSOP's perspective, & all the new regulations.

I would guess they are more likely to offer "Vegas Holidays", as there are some regulatory complexities. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »

1% of your package please Teeks.   Will also take an extra 1% of Seniors and Super Seniors.

Thanks

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

1% of your package please Teeks.   Will also take an extra 1% of Seniors and Super Seniors.

Thanks

Ha!

Very kind (& silly) of you Boo.

If I go, you have 1%. We would need to do a tad better than last year, mind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

Don't know why they didn't announce the plo8 events first.  Surely nobody is interested in the other fluff?

They better not get rid of that seniors event any time soon.   Only good thing about nearing 50. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »

Don't know why they didn't announce the plo8 events first.  Surely nobody is interested in the other fluff?

They better not get rid of that seniors event any time soon.   Only good thing about nearing 50. 

Exactly.

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »

During what event was this picture taken Tikay? Think I've spotted myself!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »

I've spotted someone who went last year, but I don't think went this year, if that helps?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »

No idea, it was attached to the Official Press Release from the Seth Palansky at the WSOP.

Pretty sure I've recognized at least one, too.

There's also, centre of pic, a rather large & portly Gent in a Suit, who is "Floor". That ill-mannered insensitive oaf with abso zero social skills  gave me a one-orbit pernlty @ Ceasars a while back for swearing (in jest) @ Greek Jack, who was sat next to me. He transferred to Rio after Caesars closed the "Big Room", so I suspect it was last year, but I could be wrong, he maybe did a few shifts at Rio in earlier years.  

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »

Gonna have to pardon my ignorance, but I've never played a WSOP event....the comments about the starting stack being boosted to 100bb surprised me. Do your standard WSOP events like the $1000's and $1500's start pretty shallow? Appreciate the levels are longer to offset this somewhat.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

Gonna have to pardon my ignorance, but I've never played a WSOP event....the comments about the starting stack being boosted to 100bb surprised me. Do your standard WSOP events like the $1000's and $1500's start pretty shallow? Appreciate the levels are longer to offset this somewhat.

You are supposed to be elsewhere, complaining.....Wink

I'm well familiar with your ignorance, so no need to pardon you.

It has been the case for many years that each WSOP Event has the "three factor". $1,000 event, 3,000 chips, $3,000 event, 9,000 chips, $10,000 Event, 30,000 chips. This excludes the "funny games" of course, but applies to most NLH, PLO & PLO8 Events.

In recent years, they are adding some flexibility to that.

They invariably start 25-50, but not always.

The structures are actually very good, unless you play, say, a $1,000 PLO, which does not allow much room to splash about.  

PS - Good to see you here. Now behave yerself.  

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

I'm always on my best behaviour Tony Smiley I'd been lurking for ages, but a hand I saw posted on PHA tipped me over the edge into actually joining.

Sheer fluke, I land in Vegas on the 29th May, so can hop into the Saturday starting flight for this $565 jobby, run like Bates and take the fucker down.

Best Bitter.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »

Adding chips to the stacks and starting at 25/50 has been Chainsaw approved on 2p2 so that's enough for me.

Personally love the 3k/4.5k stacks and 25/25.

As long as every event doesn't become a 'monster' stack that I'm happy.  5k/7.5k and 25/50 seems a decent step forward.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: