blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104346 times)
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »

Did you have a review session, try not to be too harsh on yourself sometimes it goes that way if you make a good play but at the wrong time etc

Keep grinding through it , confidence is the key. i played a few on sky last couple days seems as good as ever might have to put some volume in again watch out Wink

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2015, 02:39:03 AM »

June was my 1st losing month in MTTs for over a year, for the month I was down £900 from MTT's. Luckily cash was golden for the first 3 weeks of the month, before the really warm weather set in. I was really surprised when my friend scoped me for the month. I knew I hadn't done great in tournies, but not as bad as minus £900!

It's the biggest downswing I've experienced (MTTs), sure some of it was spew, but I had really underestimated variance.

Confidence was at rock bottom, I had went into games just expecting to lose, which was a really bad attitude, it's just how it felt, I was so glad when June was over.

I put that thinking out of my head saying July was a new month, thinking positive, and just taking every game at a time, trying to make the best decisions possible, and just take it from there. I recorded my Thursday session from start to finish and reviewed it with some friends, I broke even/ made a slight loss on the night, but it was good to go over it on Friday. It was really productive.

Before tonight I decided I was going to start recording MTT's sessions for the next couple of weeks in here, just to look back on at the end of the month to see how things were going, good or bad etc.

I played 5 MTT's tonight with total buy in's of £99. 4 x £11 MTTs and the 9pm £55 BH. I'm going to be playing atleast 10 of the £55 9pm Bh'ers this month.

I managed to bink the 9:30 pm £11 BH, 270 runners, for about £550.

Needed that result bad! Confidence is back and ready to go.

Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »

Hi mate just seen on aussies results that u binked 930 nice result sir hopefully you have flicked that switch and will heat it up this month

Wp sir

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

tyvm YG

Last night only played 2 MTT's, made a profit of about £20, profits profit!

Really pumped for tonight feeling really confident. Going to play the 7:45, 8:15, 9pm and 9:30 pm b /hunters.

July Total Withdrawels: £400
Bankroll= x+£354
Sharkscope from it's highest point ever is currently minus £500ish.

I always keep my bankroll at X, if I go below this point I don't withdraw until above this point again.

*I've also sold 30% in all my £55 Games this month.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:35:18 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2015, 03:28:28 PM »

July so far:

Run good cash: 8/10
Run good Mtts: 6.5/10
Spewiness: 0.5/10

Must not Spew, Ever Never EVVVER This Month

July Spew Free Month
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2015, 12:30:04 AM »

I played another 4 MTT's on top of the ones mentioned above.

Bricked most of them came 4th in another one, but it was only for +£60.

Over all tonight across all games, i'm down £50.

I didn't cash for anything in the £55 game, not even a bounty.

It was quite a tough table, there was a nit, a v good reg, and another reg i'm not quite sure how to describe, and this other player who limped every hand pretty much.

There was very little action, and was all very slow, and no one on the table had a decent stack and the blinds were just going up and up.

The serial limper was quite interesting, they stabbed most flops, as bluffs, their bet sizing was pretty obvious, I should have done a lot more to target this player.

There wasn't much point in raising / 3 betting them without a hand as they were never folding. They seemed to be calling a whole lot too (on flops), but would never get much further without having a really strong hand, 2 pair plus.

The other problem was I was mostly card dead through out the £55 game. I could have started check raising flops (from bb) against the serial limper, but it was kinda hard they were also limping monsters too. Out of my original table in the £55 BH I don't think one of us cashed from the starting table.

Overall, i'm quite happy with how I played today.

If I play tomorrow, I will probably just play 2/3 MTTs including the £55 game, to give all games my full concentration.

Bankroll x +£305. Going to withdraw £100 before next session so will be only plus £200 and pressures on to get them wins in!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:33:36 AM by shipitgood » Logged
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2015, 12:28:22 PM »

i actually dont mind players limp calling alot then small bet/call etc. sometimes you do need to go to war or barrell several times but its still quite an interesting one, sometimes difficult if you have no value hands. say they limp call, flop K59. they will likely min bet flop any 2 inc their top of range, if we call in this spot effectively with any 2 including our strong hands. Turn if they min bet again they are 90% weak as they will bet fuller with top pair + so can either try a bluff or if you have a strong hand take them to value town, sometimes its a cheap spot to get to showdown with 2nd-4th pair etc where you can be good but its not a spot to value.

Defo makes it interesting though and awkward for some, good luck tonight im off playing pool and out weekend so realistically tomorrow night only chance i might play

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »

Yeah lol i had total junk and didn't want to be doing stuff with no equity. Was just one of those ones couldn't do much about it, and was best just playing solid.

Cheers bud, I've ended up not playing tonight, hopefully get a decent session in tomorrow.

What are you playing?

Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »

Not sure yet mate ill imagine ill play Main & mini, 930bh and possibly a few around these. Mate might be coming round for chilled fifa & dominos but if not i will try and win some betting tokens Smiley

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2015, 12:30:11 AM »

Good stuff mate, just seen you ended up playing after all, hope you've done a bit better than me!

Tonight was pretty meh.

Spent £121 on MTTs tonight.

Cashes = Approx £70, including £37.50 from the 9pm (2Bounties).

I never really got a stack in any game. In the Main I jammed KJ versus BB on the Bubble with 10 bigs. He called with Ace 6, Kxx, 6, A. Some1 shorter must have busted the same hand cause I min cashed it. The table from the get go was very similar to the one I described above, extremely nitty, there was this one player he only ever 3 bets QQ plus and AK, no idea how some1 can play poker like that, so transparent.

The 9PM game was completely different. I had an amazing table, but was always going to be a bit swingy given the players on it, I stuck to mostly playing tight, perhaps should have played a bit tighter though and not opened as much.

Not to sure if this is a mistake, it's my exit hand from the 9pm. It's against a maniac. They have open jammed 3 of the last 5 hands, maybe it's not worth taking a 60/40 at best. Probably is just a fold, I don't know.

Me    Small blind       100.00    100.00    5761.00
pappsee    Big blind       200.00    300.00    23574.00
     Your hole cards   
A

jorge670    Fold            
badboy-pj    Fold            
Rumpy    Fold            
Maniac    All-in       6435.00    6735.00    0.00
Me         All-in       5761.00    12496.00    0.00
pappsee    Fold            
Maniac      Unmatched bet       574.00    11922.00    574.00
Me    Show   
A
Maniac    Show   
K

First card on the door was a K. Outside of being results orientated I'll normally call in a marginal spot like this, if I think they are jamming wide, dunno, maybe it's not worth taking the 60/40, of course turned out 2 be a 70/30, I just feel i'm so far ahead of this players range.

Not a great night in as much as there weren't any deep runs/ decent cashes, but overall really happy with how I played and I've got my first cash in a £55 game of the month, even if it was only £37.50! Also I've not spewed once since I've started doing these daily updates which is fantastic!

Going to take tomorrow night off and chill,

I've not played any cash at all since I started doing these daily updates.

Bankroll x plus £142
July Withdrawals £500

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:32:18 AM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2015, 01:38:42 AM »

It's been really good writing up after every session, going to re-read back what's happened this week tomorrow.

I have contained the downswing I was on/ reversed it which was all I wanted to do a week ago.

Tonight I came 2nd in one MTT, and busted the 9pm just before the bubble, but got 2 bounties for a £49 Cash. It was pretty bad I was chip leader with about 25 left 9 paid.

The hand that crippled me, left me with <1bb was flush over flush, all in on the turn. It was pretty bad, against a very straight forward player, he had the nuts. I should have just called his turn bet.

People looking would say it was a cooler, but it was just bad play on my part against this opponent doing so many chips with my 8 high flush.

I've got 6 £55 games to go, feel like I will need to put some work into MTT's.

£55 games total spend, £220, returns, £86.50.

Those are really ugly stats, pretty sure I can turn it into a profit before the 10th games over, need to take one of these down!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »

That's me all booked up for London in August, 2 days in London, then up to Epsom for a few days.

Will be playing some cash at Aspers and also want to visit the hippodrome, it sounds like a great venue.

Will get in some touristy stuff too during the day.

I've only been to London once when I was a kid, all I can remember is it being massive having to get the train/ tube everywhere lol

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »

I'll be around London that weekend. Could meet up for a session if you want.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2015, 12:53:33 AM »

I'll be around London that weekend. Could meet up for a session if you want.

Gay Smiley

You playing 25/25 this weekend Kev?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:29 AM »

lol just posted a message then it said I needed to login and it was gone:(

Ugot, sent you a message mate, will be down in a couple of weeks time.

Celtic, didn't even know it was on, will try and get to the next one being held in Glasgow.

-----------------------------------
Cliffs:
The £55+ Mtts havn't been going great. It's a really small sample size, but overall i'm down from playing these games ever.

The standard is a lot better than the games I normally play. I would say i'm decent enough for these stake levels, but the best players will be significantly better.

It's good to be realistic and there is a lot of room for improvement to take my game to that next level.

Over the next week or so, i'm going to spend some time off the tables, reviewing the higher buy in games, which I don't do often enough. There is a whole lot of room for improvement!

Overall I've not really been enjoying online poker that much recently, which has never really happened before.

By comparison i'm loving live poker, it's a lot more fun/ sociable. Everytime I sit down I always make assumptions as to how someone will play or how good they are, i'm almost always wrong!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: