blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Driving - pay the fine or take the course +EV
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Driving - pay the fine or take the course +EV  (Read 7600 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 12:22:48 PM »

No, I alway give due care and attention, even on very rare occasions I've eaten when driving.

Eating while driving is not against the law.
Drinking veg without a seat belt, plus the other things you listed are, so I don't do them Smiley

got a link for the game then?

Someone should call the police  police Cheesy

Epic piece of searching there Woodsey, that was just the 9 years & 5 months ago.

Incred skilz.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »

Took all of 20 secs, sorry Adam just messing with ya  
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »

Lost me I'm afraid
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »

Lost me I'm afraid

You were asking someone for a football stream, doesn't matter i was just joking around.  Smiley
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »

Don't think I was.
Think I was asking for the link to a game of Yahoo chess I had been challenged to.

Don't recall ever watching a streamed football match
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »

In fact the only reference I can find in any post I've ever made regarding illegal streaming/downloading is a passing congratulations to another poster for using legal methods

hurray for the legal downloader. see, there is another way.

Not such incred skilz after all Smiley
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »

That's not what a democracy is though.
Completely unrelated.
If you choose to break the law, you face the consequences.
If you want to change the law, that's where democracy comes in.

And no, I don't break the law. In fact I have a job that requires strict adherence to the law to perform and would lose it if I did. Smiley

Well I break the law all the time, am 44 years old and have never faced any consequences. (Edit- other than speeding)

So you have never sped in your car? Not a day goes by when I don't speed
Never gone through a red light in a 50/50 spot when you weren't sure whether to stop or go?Often!! I always think it's best to default to aggression in times of driving uncertainty
Eaten food when driving? Most days!! I always eat my breakfast on the way to work. Can be challenging when the phone rings!!
Parked on a double yellow line? Lol, loads of times. Double fist pump not getting a ticket always
Parked with 2 wheels on the pavement?Lol, didn't even know that was illegal
Downloaded music/films illegally or watched illegal stream? Boxing ones even? lol Is that a serious question

I could go on there are tons of laws, which get broken all the time. Now I'm sure there is the odd person who really never breaks the law, but most people claiming that would be lying  

I might add I never wear a seatbelt and never have. I also have a clean licence and have never been in a traffic accident in like 25yrs of driving.

My grandfather on the other hand, who would answer no to every question, went to the doctors surgery and drove straight through the front of the building and came to rest in the reception.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »

Completely unrelated.

And no, I don't break the law. In fact I have a job that requires strict adherence to the law to perform and would lose it if I did. Smiley

Well I break the law all the time, am 44 years old and have never faced any consequences. (Edit- other than speeding)

Never gone through a red light in a 50/50 spot when you weren't sure whether to stop or go?Often!! I always think it's best to default to aggression in times of driving uncertainty
Eaten food when driving? Most days!! I always eat my breakfast on the way to work. Can be challenging when the phone rings!!
Parked on a double yellow line? Lol, loads of times. Double fist pump not getting a ticket always
Downloaded music/films illegally or watched illegal stream? Boxing ones even? lol Is that a serious question

I could go on there are tons of laws, which get broken all the time. Now I'm sure there is the odd person who really never breaks the law, but most people claiming that would be lying  

I might add I never wear a seatbelt and never have. I also have a clean licence and have never been in a traffic accident in like 25yrs of driving.

My grandfather on the other hand, who would answer no to every question, went to the doctors surgery and drove straight through the front of the building and came to rest in the reception.

Its beyond my powers of imag to consider i could have lived this long and never have parked up on a kerb. Generally v obedient in a car since a speed awareness course but cant do 70 on a motorway and not much fussed about seatbelts

sola virtus nobilitat
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »

Completely unrelated.

My condolences MANTIS

Ah! The element of surprise
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »

In fact the only reference I can find in any post I've ever made regarding illegal streaming/downloading is a passing congratulations to another poster for using legal methods

Lol. Wp Adam.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2015, 12:33:21 AM »

Lol. Wp Adam.

Reckon Adam is in a huge minority to be honest......Doubt the rest of us are as honest, well about being honest anyway lol  Grin   Fair play to him if he really never breaks any laws, most of us do for sure.

isn't this all pretty illegal? along the same lines as music and film piracy?

Illegal music downloading is something I feel strongly against and so should you all.  I know it's rare anyone voices this opinion these days but piracy is theft and it has a major impact on the entertainment industry and long term has a major impact on artist development and the end product being altered significantly. As someone who's been at the bottom end of the music industry trying to break into the big leagues for 15 years I've seen the impact of music theft first hand. in the mid / late 80s and through to the mid 90s record companies would give many decent musicians a chance, to varying degrees of success. some bilge got through but if no-one bought it, it soon went away. as record sales declined and profit margins were cut the major record labels have had to change their approach. Why do you thing we're getting such a lot of pop idol / formulaic boy / girl / pop band type artists? because record companies have 'us' vote in our millions for the people 'we' want signed. they won't take a chance on fresh young talent, just incase it doesn't succeed, where as before you only had to have a fighting chance to get picked up.

buy your CD / DVD / video / book / magazine
don't steal it.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2015, 09:07:31 AM »

Alright, hands up, I lied about pulling up on the kerb.
When I'm out gigging and we're unloading the gear it is sometimes necessary to pull two wheels up on the kerb outside a venue and whack the hazards on for a few minutes while we lump the amps in. However, we always take care not to cause a nuisance for anyone, especially venues' users, owners, workers and neighbours (easiest way not to get re-booked).

I suppose my point about following laws/rules is that in most cases, it would benefit everyone.
Specifically with road use, if suddenly, tomorrow, everyone drove at or below the speed limit, left appropriate stopping distances, signaled before they maneuvered, used their mirrors, let people in/out whenever safe to do so, and generally acted within the rules and with a bit of courtesy, we'd all be much happier when we got where we were going, and we'd all be a lot safer.

But they won't and a lot of people can't bear the idea of someone getting ahead of them and getting their sooner at their expense. Personally, I don't take my ego in my car with me. (I leave that in my guitar bag and get it out at the weekends to wave at everyone Wink )

You're right though, I'm quite aware I'm in the minority, which is why it was quite frustrating when I did get done for speeding recently. I had a family member spend a bit of time in a hospital out in Staffordshire and I was doing extra 5 hour round trips a couple of times a week. Big mix of unfamiliar country roads, towns, motorways and main roads, and lots of roadworks and varying speed limits. Despite spending 99% of my time driving within the limits and having thousands upon thousands of cars whizz past me, It felt unfair that I didn't spot the change from 40 to 30 within a set of roadworks on a quiet Sunday afternoon and got flashed, but everyone else seemed to be able to drive at whatever speed they wanted, as long as they slowed down for the cameras their twat-nav was bleeping to alert them to. But thems the breaks. Did the course, costing money I couldn't really afford, and sat in a room full of people who generally seemed to think they should be able to choose their speed, whether or not to wear a belt, whether or not to stop for lights, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: