blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:05:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Interesting Spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Spot  (Read 2165 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:01 AM »

It's been pretty quiet in here, here's a wee hand, nothing special, but would be interested to hear peoples views on this.

There's 10 left (MTT)

We are in the BB with  three clubs, 400/800. 12,900 behind.

Cut off min raises out of a 20k stack. The button calls, he has 50k.

The cut off is a reg and raise folds a lot, he's also been raising from this position a lot. Obviously if he has a hand we are in terrible shape, i'm pretty confident he needs a V strong hand to call here, which he most likely doesn't have.

The button is chip leader or second chip leader, he is playing every hand, limping if it's unopened, and calling any raise pre.

He just played a hand where he limped, 10bb stack jammed, other player calls (leaving 3k behind), he also calls. OTF 3k guy jams, and our man calls the extra with K5.

Basically he's playing any two and will not fold to a raise, Of course he could have an Ace, or pair, but given he's playing so wide...

I jammed, Cutoff folds, Button calls with junk 79.

Clearly I've got more time than taking this v high variance line. Would be interested to hear peoples views on this!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:02:57 AM »

I quite like just calling when we have such a fun player in the pot. We get to see what the reg does otf and how the btn reacts and we are getting such a good price. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a +ev jam though, but I would be a touch worried that the cutoff is opening tighter than normal due to the button being in position vs him and playing every pot.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »

I like the Jam tbf, If the CO is going to be min raising/folding alot of the time here. We are not really shoving for value, you will be adding over a quarter of your stack if they both fold.

In this example this is a good one, although marginal the guy still calls with 79 this is a great position to get in with them, we arent deep enough to try and outplay them post flop

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: