blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sky Main Level 1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Main Level 1  (Read 3405 times)
T_Mar

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 11:44:08 PM »

Ok so Sky Main, never played a 1k before  not sure exactly what to expect... First level table seems really soft, like playing 100 fo in Reading... Toasty

Won 4 or 5 pots without showdown, get this..  More interested in my read and how it affects what I do

Villian has been absent for first 30 mins, just sat down 2 to my right, about 30 thick Irish accent, doesn't look like he's had much sleep, starts telling us how he did 2 bullets day before ... Rightly / wrongly took him for a punter

He's got just below starting stack, I got bit more.. (250bb eff)

200/100/25
1 limper
Villian raises button 900
I 3bet bb to 3000
Villian 4 bets 14000

We do what with

AA
KK
QQ
AK

Also is the info on oppo enough to impact your decision one way or other ?

Thanks
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »

I flat AA.

Jam KK.

Fold AK.

QQ? I've really got to be there. Err on passing unless I'm prepared to have another bullet when I think I likely jam.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:19:22 AM »

Thanks, are those answers based on info I gave on player?  Any different against a random with no read at all in level 1?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 12:33:58 AM »

Thanks, are those answers based on info I gave on player?  Any different against a random with no read at all in level 1?

Yes, purely against a player of your description.

Against a normal player I probably 4 bet AA and KK.

Definitely fold AK.

Close with QQ. Might do any of the three options. Depends on my read of the player.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 12:49:55 AM »

Yes, purely against a player of your description.

Against a normal player I probably 4 bet AA and KK.

Definitely fold AK.

Close with QQ. Might do any of the three options. Depends on my read of the player.

Thanks for reply
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:09:10 AM »

I 3bet smaller with all those hands. Should make the hand easier to play.

As played though, getting aces and kings in. Fold ace king, and cry with queens.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 04:30:21 AM »

I 3bet smaller with all those hands. Should make the hand easier to play.

I might actually 3bet bigger against this type of opponent - making it 4k will not feel like a threat to his stack when he has almost 50k chips, and he will probably at least call with the vast majority of his hands because people just don't like folding. I think that many players size their bets too small vs the punterers in the deep-stacked stages of tournaments. These guys love a good call, and are not price sensitive... so have them call a really big bet.

I would definitely get QQ in here. This is because I'd be pretty confident from his HUGE bet-sizing that he has JJ/TT/(maybe 99) or AK - i.e. hands that he hopes are best right now but does not especially want to see a flop with.

I'd not bother trapping with AA and would just get it in because I'd expect him to almost always be calling now he has put close to 1/3 of his stack in. I don't really want him to fold JJ when the board comes Kxx or Qxx (or to fold AK when it comes T84 etc) when I am fairly sure he will grudgingly call an all-in preflop.

This is all based on the info you have given about your opponent and my views on how this type of player usually thinks about and plays poker. If I am incorrect in these views then my advice could be bad. No big deal though, if he ends up having AA/KK (or ends up 4bet/folding JJ) because he thinks about poker differently to how I am assuming he does, well I'd just chalk it up to an understandable misread and not be too worried about it.

I'd fold AK, unless I believed he would 4bet/fold JJ and TT. If this is the case then AK is a profitable jam. But my personal opinion is that this player type does not 4bet JJ/TT to this sizing and then fold to a jam. Instead they just tank for two minutes, looking pained the whole time and staring at you to try to get a 'read', and then always call.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 04:55:48 AM »

Agreed with 3betting smaller.

If we make it 2400, it's hard for him to just whack it for 14k or something silly. I know it's only a 3bb difference but it might end with us getting 4bet smaller to something like 7k which makes the hand easier to evaluate.

By making it over 3x the initial raise, I feel we entice him to make a equally large or larger 4bet leaving us in a weird spot with AK and QQ. With a 4bet this large, we can likely safely assume he's not folding.

With AA - click it back. 25000, and hope to induce a shove. Yes we're 5betting and it narrows our range massively in theory - but this guy wants to get it in. We're just letting him do it himself.
With KK - Get it in pre.
With AK - We have two blockers to AA and KK, but do we want to take a massive flip this early in a £1k? Fold. Either crushed or flipping. Almost never has AQ.
With QQ - Reluctant fold - Flipping or crushed again. Much better spots in the future levels.

---

Given the limper in the pot preflop, he's not just clicking buttons and attempting to resteal. His 4bet size is just too big. If he was attempting to re-resteal, 8k would accomplish the same thing as 14k would (if you were on the resteal yourself). He's rarely risking almost twice as many chips without intending to get it in.

He's representing an extremely strong and narrow range, but without any more notes on his play we can't deduce if he is mega aggro as standard, a knackered punter on tilt or someone who is only 4betting AA.

I am not a pro, nor do I claim to be massively adept at poker - this would just be my thought process during the 60 seconds I would spend in the tank.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:09 AM »

Cheers Guys, fwiw I was considering 3 betting bigger for same reason as honey badger suggested.... Seemed like he was going to be doing lots of calling, very little folding
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: