blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Seems like a tough way to make a dishonest living...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seems like a tough way to make a dishonest living...  (Read 636 times)
simonnatur

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:51:19 AM »

Was quite amused by this exchange on Streetlife...

Swiss man offering free knives
Local Conversations in West Watford
 Pam G 7 days ago

I got stopped near moor park by a man who said he was Swiss and he had been at an exhibition and not sold all his knives and couldn't take them back on the plane to Switzerland, which didn't make sense as he was in a car with Swiss plates! I said I didn't have any money on me and tried to back away from him as he had come quite close and he said they were free to come to his car and take a look, I said I was in a hurry and got past him and got away to the main road and as luck would have it a police car appeared and I reported it, but I don't know whether the policeman managed to find him, it's obviously a scam, or maybe.he wanted to bundle me into the boot, I don't know, but a bit scary.
Show previous comments
Jyoti days ago
What time ?
Pam G6 days ago
Wed 18th at about 1 pm. Don't know how he could fly back to Switzerland with his car?!
Jyoti days ago
He told my cousin that he drove down with his family who were waiting for him at the airport. These were the last pieces and if he did not sell them he would dump em. His car was going back by road transport. I think he conned them. No one would dump unsold stuff . Would take it back as he can alway s sell them later.
Jyoti days ago
I was actually annoyed at her encouraging this guy.
Pam G6 days ago
Good story for someone who supposedly doesn't speak good English!! (That's what he said to me). By the way, it was on the road leading to moor park golf club and totally deserted when he stopped me, and he has also been doing it in the car park at sandy lodge golf club. I assume you live in moor park?
Jyoti days ago
Yes. Thanks. Will let my cousin know.
Alan M6 days ago
If he needed the money, why would he give them away free? Very strange. Pleased you are safe.
Jyoti days ago
Just talked to my cousin. She has reported to the police as all the stuff is fake. Hopefully he is caught .
Ian B6 days ago
Similar experience with supposed Italian, probably Romanian as many do speak lItalian. This was giving away watches but then desperately needed cahs for petrol to get to a distant airport.  If it is free, there's a catch.
Ian B6 days ago
And look out for Hungarians bending doe to supposedly pick up a gold ring from the pavement.  Hallmarked brass.
Sybil N6 days ago
Wow! Scary!  I've recently moved to Moor Park from East London and didn't think this sort of thing happened in this neck of the woods!
Anna A2 days ago
Ooooh creepy i'm about to walk through Moor Park on my way to Mount Vernon for my exercise class.... thanks for the warning.
Jyoti days ago
I have been walking. Think he is gone
Ian B2 days ago
These con merchants don't hang around one locality.  The target an area and move on.
Pam G2 days ago
Hi Anna,

It's pam from your exercise class. It happened on my way to mount Vernon last week on the way to physio. It was on the slip road at the end of astons. Will be at the class later.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: