blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Impressive, or standard?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Impressive, or standard?  (Read 9648 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 02:31:11 AM »

assuming player 1 is loose and player 3 is tight it seems very standard.

i initially thought it was 3b/f vs the initial guy and i was telling everybody panka HAD to be the worst Cheesy wp, nf, gg

32% against his actual range right?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »

assuming player 1 is loose and player 3 is tight it seems very standard.

i initially thought it was 3b/f vs the initial guy and i was telling everybody panka HAD to be the worst Cheesy wp, nf, gg

32% against his actual range right?

Haha wp.

It seems like an aggro 3 handed game from what I saw. He wasn't tight or anything, was defo mixing it up a little. From what I saw anyway, didn't watch loads.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 03:28:12 AM »

It seems like an aggro 3 handed game from what I saw. He wasn't tight or anything, was defo mixing it up a little. From what I saw anyway, didn't watch loads.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 03:30:10 AM »

math is idiotic.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:03 AM »

didn't stroke his chips tho

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »

@oxford. What do you suggest? Ban all communication, lock everyone in a room? It's completely unavoidable. You can't use your phones in a hand but outside of that people can talk to whoever they want.

It's just part of the modern game and it's a level playing field.

What do you think about people talking about hands on a tournament break at the bar? Is that #teampoker?

You go to Malta with your pro mates, he is there with his wife (not specific to this fella as I don't really know who he is). I don't see how you think this is a level playing field. 

I think there is quite a difference between chatting about hands at the break and having a wingman there watching for tells too.  Where does your wingman stop?  Is this only cheating if he signals you in a hand?

Certainly isn't going to make me play more EPTs.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »

If his wife isbt his wingman that's his fault.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »

I love this "level playing field" argument. U think its a level playing field when this guy sits down with Pleno who's 3xing the turn to make this guy fold his pair of wild deuces on the turn?

The kids today prepare to win. It's what they do. If this guy wants a jolly and play the ept cos he's seen it on the telly im sure he doesn't give a shit that someone has picked on the fact he eats Oreos with his left hand when he bluffs

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »

If his wife isbt his wingman that's his fault.
I think you are absolutely wrong on this.  If you have an arrangement with a friend to watch your opponents to pick up tells then you are cheating in my book.  I don't think it matters much if he has a percentage or not. 

If you say at a break to your mate I think I screwed up in how I played kings then that is fine.  I also think it is fine if he replies saying player x is tight/spewy/3 bets too much.  All these things are fine, it is the arrangement to do this before you sit down that makes it bad.  From memory I think that is where stars draws the line too, but can't check now.

Of course, policing this is going to be very difficult, but maybe not so hard if people admit it in interviews?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »

you didn't know who you were playing online, and now you don't know who you are playing live.

What do i suggest.. I suggest we are in too deep to find a fair resolution.

lets give a rather simple and probably common scenario.

Professional online player been crushing for years, hasn't really got much of a social life and doesn't interact with people face to face that often, they build a poker relationship with a few sickos and end up going to a live stop with them. His poker friends are regs on the circuit and over the decades have developed some serious skills on judging character, understanding and extracting live reads ect.

Now, this info is clearly there to see for everyone, but you need to have developed your own set of skills to extract this info that can be easily missed by most people dependant on their abilities. Final table is where most of the live reads are available to make exploitable play as the pressure cracks people.

Does this online guy deserve to gain an unfair advantage based on his natural ability and be gifted this information he cant extract irl from his mates or should he play with his own ability and judgement?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:47:10 PM by Oxford_HRV » Logged

To win at poker is to not have to play
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »

It definitely isn't a level playing field, with regard to the information advantage you can get from live streams.
All the people who argue that it is are serious poker-players, with large groups of serious poker-playing friends.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

You're also overplaying the impact of said wingmen imo. Buddiga went in 2/8 and came 7th iirc. It's still you two cards and your opponents

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 01:53:11 PM »

You're also overplaying the impact of said wingmen imo. Buddiga went in 2/8 and came 7th iirc. It's still you two cards and your opponents

but here, he has said that he goes with the tens against any other opponent except he's got info from third parties which contains stuff that suggests he shouldn't

at this point the live stream with hole cards has gone way too far in having an impact on the outcome of the tournament

events have got to be stricter if this is the norm, in my opinion

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »

The amount of players whom do not wish to participate in EPT's because of the inevitable issues the live stream brings are far far outweighed by the amount of new participants the live stream brings not only to the EPT, but to the poker world in general.

The positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »

The amount of players whom do not wish to participate in EPT's because of the inevitable issues the live stream brings are far far outweighed by the amount of new participants the live stream brings not only to the EPT, but to the poker world in general.

The positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

I know the bigger picture, but the bigger picture doesn't count for much if the tournament itself lacks integrity (in its processes). First and foremost it has to play out with complete transparency. everything else, including the numbers who watch live streams and subsequently sign up to online poker sites, is secondary to this, i think

on a general point, the interview Panka gave was naive. Perhaps it is so standard, the asssitance from frieds watching the stream, he didn't think twice of it, but i can't think an occasional recreational watching and reading that would think the same

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: