blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:42:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MTT Grinders
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTT Grinders  (Read 3683 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2015, 02:53:39 AM »

How many tables can you play optimally?

For some reason I can't seem to multi-table MTT's to the same extent as cash tables.

Optimal amount of MTT tables seems to be about 4, where as cash it would be 6-8.

I find any more than 4 and I just miss out on so much information.

When it gets to the late stages of a tournie, approaching and including the FT, I always seem to do best if I only have 1 or 2 tables going.

Would be interested to hear how many tables MTT grinders play and also how you built up to playing a good amount of tables.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »

If you 'pyramid' your session, you can start off with a few tournies that might go the longest. Bigs or Deepstacks, then register reg speeds for a bit, then after a while switch to smaller fields, turbos, sit and gos. That way when you are deep in something big you can stop regging and focus on those tables.

I usually avoid 6 max and colour code the felt on Stars depending on what type of tourney it is. Satty, turbo, KO etc

Still I usually play too many as I can't resist the good comps. 10-11 is probably my sweetspot
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:21:37 AM »

If you 'pyramid' your session, you can start off with a few tournies that might go the longest. Bigs or Deepstacks, then register reg speeds for a bit, then after a while switch to smaller fields, turbos, sit and gos. That way when you are deep in something big you can stop regging and focus on those tables.

I usually avoid 6 max and colour code the felt on Stars depending on what type of tourney it is. Satty, turbo, KO etc

Still I usually play too many as I can't resist the good comps. 10-11 is probably my sweetspot

Some pretty good advice here. I usually allow for a 10 hour session and I usually enter reg speeds for about 5 hours. For the remaining 3 hours it's just turbos I reg otherwise you can end up with a nightmare of a session.

I also colour code my tables but I usually just have green for mtt and blue for stt. However I think I am going to apply blue to satellites as I think that will help.

I play up to 20 tables, but at the moment I also throw in small stakes stuff that don't require an enormous amount of brain power. I think my optimal amount is 16 tables but like berg said, I can hardly turn down some of the good ones Cheesy. I think the best way to increase your table count is to start off with getting a good mouse and mousepad and have a nice big monitor. I'm currently sporting a 27'' that has a pretty high res. I would also mess around with what works best for you, cascading or tiling. There is also software out there to arrange your tables for you and pop out at you when it's your turn to act. Me, I just tile my 20 tables Cheesy.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »

Thanks Berg and Lucky

Meant to respond to this earlier.

20 tables is pretty sick, even 11 for MTTs!

I'll defo need to get a new computer and a second screen. Just using a laptop at the moment, and anything more than 8 tables is just crazy overlap.

5/6 MTTs is prob optimal at the moment for MTTS, when I get a new computer second screen will probs try and increasing tables.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »

Thanks Berg and Lucky

Meant to respond to this earlier.

20 tables is pretty sick, even 11 for MTTs!

I'll defo need to get a new computer and a second screen. Just using a laptop at the moment, and anything more than 8 tables is just crazy overlap.

5/6 MTTs is prob optimal at the moment for MTTS, when I get a new computer second screen will probs try and increasing tables.

I actually only use 1 monitor for the 20 tables, but it has a really high res. Before I used to have a max of 16 tables and if I had any more pop up I'd just pop them on the other monitor. The other monitor now is mainly just used for Lobbies/Hand charts/Skype.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »

It must be added that multi tabling on sky is a lot harder than other sites. 6 max and no timebanks means I wouldn't recommend having too many tables irrespective of room on screen!
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 03:20:51 PM »

Some good advice here. I never even considered colouring the felt differently for different types of tournaments but that's a really good idea. Is there a way to do that automatically or do you have to do it when the tournament starts?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »

Some good advice here. I never even considered colouring the felt differently for different types of tournaments but that's a really good idea. Is there a way to do that automatically or do you have to do it when the tournament starts?

I would like to know as well, tried it yesterday and when I changed one table in game they all changed. This was on stars BTW.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »

You can have mtt and sng tables different colours and have it saved as a default. Last time I looked you couldn't differentiate more than that.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »

I just do it manually in the synch breaks, as far as I am aware you can't do it automatically.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 05:16:13 AM »

There is an option where you can set it so right click change felt colour only changes that one table. Really useful for separating the O8/Omaha tables. Can't do it manually yet but it will probably happen at some point.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: