blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:53:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  UKIPT Nottingham Hiroller
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKIPT Nottingham Hiroller  (Read 9055 times)
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »

Grin thumbs up
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:21:46 AM »

Made a balls up here boys. Was unreliably informed it was £3k straight but just bought in and it was £3200.

So rather than getting ppl to send odd change extra I'll just scale your percentage accordingly.

So 10% is actually 9.37%
5% is actually 4.69%
2.5% is actually 2.34%

Sorry about that. Blame Mitch.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 05:44:10 AM »

so you can free up an extra 2.5 for me?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

Already freed up extra for Nick mate sorry. He's a regular buyer you see Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »

We're off. Starting table seems about avg compared to the field. 25k.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »

Made incorrect hero call vs Ian Simpson for big pot. Pretty happy with it though, so hard for him to have it.

9k 100/200/25 good table now.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »

Ian Simpson made incorrect hero call vs me for big pot. He's pretty happy with it though, so hard for me to have it.

25k 150/300

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »

Incred.

Keep it up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »

Out im afraid. Will write up hand later. Really close.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »

Is Ian Simpson happy?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 04:07:20 AM »

Np Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

Np Smiley

Good rubdown mate, well done.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

I jumped straight in the satellite after busting and that went on pretty late (thin) and am in the main now. Will do a TR as soon as I get an hour free to do it justice ok guys.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »

OK so two hands I think are really interesting / close and I may've gone the wrong way both times so I thought I'd go through them in detail, both for you guys to see where it all went wrong, and for my own piece of mind to learn/improve.

Hand 1: Hijack raises to 350 at 75/150. I call BTN with three clubs, Ian Simpson calls BB.

two spades Ian checks, hijack checks, I bet 525, Ian raises to 1750, hijack folds, I call.

Ian bets 3100, I call.

Ian bets 9800, I call, Ian had .

OK. Seems pretty bad right?!

So my thoughts on the flop were that Ian is full of shit a lot of the time here. Likes to just represent whatever comes on the board. Just think he's frequencies are way out of whack and since he's defending the bb here probably 85%, the combos of pure bluffs vastly outweigh the 7x and 22. Yes, I'm guessing down the streets, yes he'll still have 25% with even the 86o types of hands, I was happy to call the flop really. I've got two outs to his stack if he does have it, too.

Gotta call this turn for sure if my flop logic is sound.

The river is really interesting. He bets 9800 into 10825. So I need around 32% to call. So let's doing some combinatorics.

Value: With this sizing I can say with around 80% certainty that he doesn't have a flush, and 90-95% certainty that he has a bare 7. I'm also ruling out any sort of 1 (technically 2) pair hand better than mine.

So that leaves full houses. 22 - 6 combos, 74s, 3 combos, J7s 3 combos, 72s 3 combos. I'd say he'd very likely play J7 and 74 for this, and probably 22, but not that likely to have 72s, so in total i'll give him 5+3+3+1 = 12 combos. Plus the odd flush and 7x that I discounted heavily above. Let's give him 3 of those. So 15 total.

So to make a breakeven call I need to find 7 combos of bluffs.

Bluffs

Vs most people you have to assume 0 total airballs here, some sort of backdoor equity or blockers, but Ian is the most likely person in that hiroller field to have a Q9o sort of hand here. Those who've played with him before can back this up. He puts you in very tough spots and it's hard to ever put him on a hand. So counting his bluff combos is more or less impossible.

But I really don't think it'll be hard to find 7 bluffs combos. Even if you rule out complete airballs like Q9o, and just count his x hands, or x hands, there's gonna be enough.

x combos, I'd say defends 100%, 3betting maybe AJ+ or AQ+. Let's count the 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, T combos = 2+4+4+4+4+4 = 22 combos. And let's say he chooses to take this line with these hands 20% of the time. that's 4.4combos.

x combos, defending maybe just K9, KT, KJ, KQ, we've ruled out KJ so that's 12 combos. Less likely to bluff with these (though maybe not as Ax works as a call better than Kx so might be calling Ax on the flop and raising Kx), either way, it's unlikely but let's say this counts as another 1 combo, so that's 5.4 combos.

So we need 1.6 combos from his Tx sort of hands, hands like 89 with backdoor equity, or even just pure airballs. I think there'd be enough but it's very hazy.

Analyse like this is so open to tweaking the numbers to suit an agenda. So I won't go any further, and don't think there's any point. It's so hard to say how often he's gonna choose to take this line with those bluffs, maybe way less. But then it could be way more, he's the type of player that'll just decide to bluff this board with whatever cards he has, whatever the runout. I think it's really a really marginal hero call.

My thoughts at the time were basically, he's got a full house or nothing here, not many combos of fullhouses on this board, it's Ian Simpson, I call.

And what's written above is what my brain was doing behind the scenes to produce this conclusion!

Hand two on the way. Need a biscuit after all that. Get me those Golden Crunches.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »

CO raises 1k at 200/400/50, I 3bet from the BTN 2600, BB is a recreational player with unknown tendencies, 4bets to 6000. CO folds.

I have 19500. I thought he was really strong here, but he'd been frustrated at a couple of my 3bets in the same or similar spots and folded before, so I thought there was a chance he was full of it.

I called 3400 more, getting 3:1, to make a pot of 14.6k. Maybe this is a fold. Hard to fold AJs ip getting 3:1 but the spr of 1 is really tricky. Just gonna have to go broke on A and J high flops everytime. Not sure about this.

Flop is a and he sets me allin for 16k

I need 34% to call here. I can't get any sort of equilab to work on my mac, so I ran loads of simulations individually and either had at worst 25% (vs JJ) or up to 40% (KK, AK, AQ) or somewhere in between. I block JJ which is the worst case scenario, and maybe I can't rule out a hand like JT that also has me in very bad shape, but in that case I'd have to put in hands like KQ and KJ that I have in very bad shape, so I think those two even out. Like I said about pre, I thought he was pretty nutted so thought he mainly had JJ-AA, AQ-AK.

So in my head I estimated that I was getting pretty much bang on the odds to call. In a normal tournament I would fold, but this field was seriously tough, so I decided to take the gamble and it didn't work out this time. He had AKo no spade and held.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: