blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "Emirates FA Cup"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Emirates FA Cup"  (Read 5342 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »

you don't know what Investec is?

i'll explain the strategy behind the sponsorship in a bit.

I could probably make a pretty accurate guess, but I have don't know for a fact who they are or what they do.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 11:24:03 AM »

investec, one of the biggest south african banks

came into the UK via acquisition

now a big wealth management company here, pension provider, private bank etc

their sponsorship presumably taps into the establishment element of the derby, the top hat and tails part, where wealthy abc1's associate investec with an event they enjoy and use them for their own financial products

other sponsorships, test cricket and international rugby...same principle...sports with wealthy customers

think the derby runs to 2022, cricket runs to 2021 so its all about long term brand awareness with those segments of the population

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »

investec, one of the biggest south african banks

came into the UK via acquisition

now a big wealth management company here, pension provider, private bank etc

their sponsorship presumably taps into the establishment element of the derby, the top hat and tails part, where wealthy abc1's associate investec with an event they enjoy and use them for their own financial products

other sponsorships, test cricket and international rugby...same principle...sports with wealthy customers

think the derby runs to 2022, cricket runs to 2021 so its all about long term brand awareness with those segments of the population

My "pretty accurate guess" was pretty fucking woeful.

They are a bank? Assumed some sort of hedge fund or something.

#sponsorshipfail

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »

1. Investec
2. Betway
3. William Hill

If two people who gamble as much as Mark and I do couldn't correctly name these 3 sponsors (Arb got one tbf) I have a feeling they are wasting their money.

I'd have to disagree at about 9.9 on the disagreeable scale there Keith.

Why on earth would any bookie want to attract Clients like you two? They want ice creams, not sharps.

The sharps won't be attracted, or otherwise, by fancy sponsorship, or a box at QPR, (do they have boxes?), they worry about 2 things only - the best price, & getting on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »

1. Investec
2. Betway
3. William Hill

If two people who gamble as much as Mark and I do couldn't correctly name these 3 sponsors (Arb got one tbf) I have a feeling they are wasting their money.

Why on earth would any bookie want to attract Clients like you two? They want ice creams, not sharps.

The sharps won't be attracted, or otherwise, by fancy sponsorship, or a box at QPR, (do they have boxes?), they worry about 2 things only - the best price, & getting on.

I take your point, but the fact that out of 6 opportunties to name a sponsor, between us we correct named 1, seems like there is zero product awareness.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »

to be fair, you'd only need to type the name in to Google to see what they did.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »

1. Investec
2. Betway
3. William Hill

I take your point, but the fact that out of 6 opportunties to name a sponsor, between us we correct named 1, seems like there is zero product awareness.

It is very precisely targeted at those who do not have Accounts, though. After, say, the Grand National, firms are not greatly fussed on what they won or lost on the book, that takes care of itself, they look for one number - acquisition.

As pro punters, guys like you & Argue know every firm already & have accounts with them all.

And as Pro punters, you don't have an ounce of loyalty (& I agree, why should you?) to any firm, you'll bet ONLY where the best price is.  Targeting advertising & marketing spend at you guys would be setting fire to money.

And imagine a bookie spending money telling you about a new cash out option. You'd sit & laugh. But cash out is stunningly popular, it is even a measureable profit centre now. What does cash out do to a 115% book? It makes it, I assume, a 120% book, or whatever.

As to the Sponsors name, the world has been changed by digital. By attaching "Investec" or whatever to the Epsom Derby, they will get millions of new clicks, & they can put an assumed value on these clicks.

Advertising has completely changed in the last few years. The big companies have an army of click-counters & analysts in their office, & whole departments of SEO & Social-Media consultants studying analytics all day. It does not make much sense to you & me, but it does to them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »

Best sponsored competition was the Milk Cup.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »

1. Investec
2. Betway
3. William Hill

It is very precisely targeted at those who do not have Accounts, though. After, say, the Grand National, firms are not greatly fussed on what they won or lost on the book, that takes care of itself, they look for one number - acquisition.

As pro punters, guys like you & Argue know every firm already & have accounts with them all.

And as Pro punters, you don't have an ounce of loyalty (& I agree, why should you?) to any firm, you'll bet ONLY where the best price is.  Targeting advertising & marketing spend at you guys would be setting fire to money.

And imagine a bookie spending money telling you about a new cash out option. You'd sit & laugh. But cash out is stunningly popular, it is even a measureable profit centre now. What does cash out do to a 115% book? It makes it, I assume, a 120% book, or whatever.

As to the Sponsors name, the world has been changed by digital. By attaching "Investec" or whatever to the Epsom Derby, they will get millions of new clicks, & they can put an assumed value on these clicks.

Advertising has completely changed in the last few years. The big companies have an army of click-counters & analysts in their office, & whole departments of SEO & Social-Media consultants studying analytics all day. It does not make much sense to you & me, but it does to them.

On a recent stag do with some 365 traders i was staggered at the amounts of money cash out makes for them.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »

Best sponsored competition was the Milk Cup.

Now that WAS ridic.

A Government agency trying to use up it's annual budget, imo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

1. Investec
2. Betway
3. William Hill

On a recent stag do with some 365 traders i was staggered at the amounts of money cash out makes for them.

And that is on top of their "book".

And this is my point - you & Camel would not touch cash-out in a month of Sundays, so why waste money targeting you?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: