blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 889 890 [891] 892 893 894 895 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195290 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13350 on: July 18, 2018, 07:37:03 AM »

I think we hold such different views on most things that perhaps your questions are just rhetorical but they are interesting points so here goes

a) No, I'm not worried by the shift in the relative amounts of EU v non EU net migration but perhaps I should be - is there a reason I should be ?

b) I mentioned marginal in the context of the economy alone without actually saying that. That is what I think but I don't know and don't feel as certain as you are. I am fairly confident that the UK economy will outperform many EU countries , even if we leave, so I think the logical extension of this is that it's impossible to say inside EU = positive, outside = negative.

c) I'm not sure of your point with respect to my house and salary dropping in value but I'm sure you must be right or you wouldn't say it. For a number of reasons relating to how my pension monies are invested I can say that you're wrong on this.

I have just been catching up on these threads. They used to be really interesting, including the contributions from people whose views I don't agree with, but it was quite depressing going through the recent posts, with one contributor filling the threads with nonsense, on top of the guy we already have who takes unpleasant Trump-like shots at all-and-sundry. So I'll say thanks to you for a civil and restrained response.

a) Well, for one thing, we are going to need the manpower as the original population gets older. It appears that the number returning to EU countries is picking up pace. Overall, there are still more coming in than leaving, so maybe it's okay, but the trend is the wrong way, so it's a concern.

b) The UK economy may outperform some EU countries but that's not the question. It's whether this country would be better or worse off if we leave the EU or stay in. I don't think there's any doubt that we have suffered since the referendum compared to where we would have been. Many Brexiteers say they are willing to accept short-term economic pain for long-term benefits, economic or other. In my view, this is mistaken, as I think it is very clear that the long-term economic outlook will be worse Out rather than In - the only question is the degree; will it be a little bit worse, utterly disastrous or somewhere in between? I think all indications are that it will be close to disastrous, but I could be wrong and it might only be really bad but survivable.

c) I phrased it as 'you' but, clearly, I meant the general position for people in the country. I am pleased for you that you have reduced your exposure to Sterling and/or the UK economy, but most people don't have that opportunity, so their assets have suffered a dramatic fall in value. Whatever you have done kinda undermines your statement of confidence in the UK economy though.

A nd b I just guess we take a different view. On the last point, I've seen exchange rates rise and fall all my life. I could take the view that I personally take a hit or benefit each time but it doesn't feel negative to me. On the pension it's just serendipity..not quite smart enough to have made this be the outcome of recent shifts in sterling

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: July 18, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »

I have just been catching up on these threads. They used to be really interesting, including the contributions from people whose views I don't agree with, but it was quite depressing going through the recent posts, with one contributor filling the threads with nonsense, on top of the guy we already have who takes unpleasant Trump-like shots at all-and-sundry. So I'll say thanks to you for a civil and restrained response.
[/quote]

I’m not sure about using a phrase designed to cause maximum offence to criticise someone for saying “unpleasant” things. Of course insulting people isn’t ever a great idea. There are exactly two people that I’ve insulted, I’d probably prefer if I hadn’t. They are the only two people who troll (as well as occasional more constructive contributions) both threads in suppport of austerity, leaving the EU and Trump. Unfortunately options for combating trolling are very limited. It’s a pointless outlet for my frustration and entirely out of character, it adds nothing and I’ll do my best to stop.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:32:19 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: July 18, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »

I’m not sure about using a phrase designed to cause maximum offence to criticise someone for saying “unpleasant” things. Of course insulting people isn’t ever a great idea. There are exactly two people that I’ve insulted, I’d probably prefer if I hadn’t. They are the only two people who troll (as well as occasional more constructive contributions) both threads in suppport of austerity, leaving the EU and Trump. Unfortunately options for combating trolling are very limited. It’s a pointless outlet for my frustration and entirely out of character, it adds nothing and I’ll do my best to stop.
[/quote]

Haha..I'll eat my hat if he was referring to you kuku

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: July 18, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »

Ha! +1

Bet the two MT was referring to can quote, though Wink

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: July 18, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »

Ha! +1

:-) If it’s led me to considering whether I could stand to be a bit more reasonable in how I address them, feels like we’re all winning.

My first go at selecting a section to quote, didn’t go well :-).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: July 18, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »

Ha! +1

:-) If it’s led me to considering whether I could stand to be a bit more reasonable in how I address them, feels like we’re all winning.

Best feature of 2p2 is the ‘ignore’ button 😂

We’ve all done the misquote bit, so wouldn’t worry too much.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: July 19, 2018, 12:00:52 AM »

Ha! +1

Don't think I've ever done it. I wasn't having a go at you kukushkin, you over-sensitive whining leftie snowflake.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: July 19, 2018, 12:27:36 AM »

Ha! +1

Don't think I've ever done it. I wasn't having a go at you kukushkin, you over-sensitive whining leftie snowflake.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: July 19, 2018, 05:23:25 AM »

Ha! +1

Good morning,

I’m not sure it matters who it was directed at, it’s still a good point.

I thought it was now widely accepted that it is indeed the ‘righties’ who are the ‘snowflakes’? Since the whole “they’re saying nasty things about Donald, I think I’m think I’m going to cry” debacle. Not directed at anyone here, for the avoidance of doubt. Although, perhaps I haven’t completely learnt my lesson after all :-). Have a good day everyone.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:04 AM »

No deal rhetoric ramping up now

Going to cost the EU £250billion per year and a million jobs if they keep playing hardball. wp Barnier.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: July 20, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »

Going to cost the EU £250billion per year and a million jobs if they keep playing hardball. wp Barnier.

and after one day, it’s a problem again, Mantis is a flat out retard, peddling nonsense,the end. Why should anyone else bother? Nuanced and witty taking the contrary view lol.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: July 20, 2018, 01:17:25 AM »

and after one day, it’s a problem again, Mantis is a flat out retard, peddling nonsense,the end. Why should anyone else bother? Nuanced and witty taking the contrary view lol.

And you've bitten 

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:12 AM »

And you've bitten 

He’s a troll or a flat out retard, the policy he supports kills fuck loads of people every day, how funny. It’s kind of important as well, what a hateful ***** he is, when Red is defending him. Martin Niemoller.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:38 AM »

There are hundreds of thousand’s of folks like Mantis, who learnt everything they know about politics from the front page of the Sun + Mail, I’m serious that it could be dangerous. It would be interesting to hear from RD,  maybe look at his posts again first?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:11 AM »

The figures and opinions were delivered by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) yesterday

It entertains me that you keep embarrassing yourself but I would suggest moderators question whether they wish to retain a member who uses this kind of language.

Quite cringe to have expressions like retard being banded about and seemingly supported. Not a great look for the forum.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 889 890 [891] 892 893 894 895 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: