blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:58:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181007 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13395 on: July 21, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »

Fair enough Red.

Just personally don’t really hate anyone. Not good for my karma I find.

I wouldn't hate him if he didn't have so much power over so many lives. If he were out of office I wouldn't give a flying fuck about him.

So what do you feel about all the voters who empowered him to have that control with their votes?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13396 on: July 21, 2018, 08:51:55 PM »

Fair enough Red.

I wouldn't hate him if he didn't have so much power over so many lives. If he were out of office I wouldn't give a flying fuck about him.

So what do you feel about all the voters who empowered him to have that control with their votes?

I think the majority are poorly educated blue collar workers who feel like politicians have been fucking them over their whole lives. I don't think they see Trump as a politician and they are right about that.

Unfortunately, the most powerful nation in the world needs a politician at the helm.

I forgive them, they know not what they do.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: July 22, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »

Fair enough Red.

I think the majority are poorly educated blue collar workers who feel like politicians have been fucking them over their whole lives. I don't think they see Trump as a politician and they are right about that.

Unfortunately, the most powerful nation in the world needs a politician at the helm.

Looks like a fun show starting next week, Ed Balls travels to Trump Land to meet these poorly educated folk you mention.

Trailer leads with the statement "It's dangerous to start with the assumption that voters are wrong"

Don't know if Dangerous Red Dog rates the opinion of the Gangnam Strutter Ed Balls but maybe the two of you should have a dance-off to settle it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13398 on: July 22, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »

Fair enough Red.

Looks like a fun show starting next week, Ed Balls travels to Trump Land to meet these poorly educated folk you mention.

Trailer leads with the statement "It's dangerous to start with the assumption that voters are wrong"

Don't know if Dangerous Red Dog rates the opinion of the Gangnam Strutter Ed Balls but maybe the two of you should have a dance-off to settle it.

Unfortunately I'm finding it hard to debate with you because you keep slipping into the realms of surrealism.

Fortunately I don't feel the need to for the same reason.

I did attempt a dance off once but I was severely hampered when they glued me to a yak.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: July 23, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5978715/Diane-Abbott-drops-complaint-against-Mail-Sunday-accidental-visit-Commons-gents.html

Ho Ho.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: July 23, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »

I'll believe 'no deal' when I see it. Both sides are full of crap. They have both essentially admitted that 'no deal' is a negotiating ploy to allow them to have the nuclear option. When they are both so transparent that it is a bluff, there seems no value in even having it as an option (just like real nuclear arms, eh? But that's a different debate). EU negotiations have a history of dragging on to the last minute, going over the deadline and getting agreed in the early hours of the next day. I don't think either side will allow the UK to be cut loose to flounder on its own. They all know it would take decades to recover from the damage, if we ever did. So I have no doubt that a deal of some sort will be agreed, though it could just be a 'temporary' extension of current arrangements. A potentially bigger problem might be getting any deal approved by Parliament. An extension might be the 'deal' that has the best chance of being approved,

I need to purchase some dollars for work imminently (FML) and spoke to the trade desk we use on Friday.

They reckon that no deal is about 20% currently and that is reflected in the current GBP/USD pricing.

Obviously no one knows what is going to happen, government included, but I don't think it is as unlikely now as some people seem to think.

Is it just me that thinks the idea of the government having any summer recess this year is incredulous.
Any kind of business in this situation would have cancelled everyone's holidays and be working overtime through the summer to work out a way to get the job done.

But hey, they only have the fate of the country in their hands, so lets not worry about it for the next 6 weeks.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: July 23, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »

The funniest bit of that is towards the bottom of the piece where someone on social media thought the title of the political diary "Black Dog" was a racist slur against Ms Abbott.

Quality.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: July 23, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »

The funniest bit of that is towards the bottom of the piece where someone on social media thought the title of the political diary "Black Dog" was a racist slur against Ms Abbott.

Quality.

Who hasn't been to a busy sporting/Leisure event where there is a long queue for the ladiessss....and so a couple of them nip into the gents  Cheesy
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: July 23, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »

Watched this yesterday, ok, admit I skipped some bits at times because on some levels it's pretty dull fayre.

On the other hand I found it really great - intelligent people debating, without notes for the most part, serious principles of law, the ECHR, it's applicability in different countries given the heritage of common law in the UK and how it developed in Europe.

Many MPs, rightly I think, get a lot of disrespect. Whether one takes the ticket of these 2 across a whole range of issues is kind of academic to the point that there is intelligence, respect, erudition on display here beyond which we normally get to see in the yah boo sucks atmosphere of a full chamber and politics in general. I enjoyed it but I do listen to R4 these days.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: July 23, 2018, 09:50:21 PM »

You make some valid points nirvantz but fail to mention how utterly terrible both suits are. Utterly terrible.

Accordingly your post has only be graded 9/10 on this occasion.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: July 23, 2018, 10:45:25 PM »

You make some valid points nirvantz but fail to mention how utterly terrible both suits are. Utterly terrible.

Accordingly your post has only be graded 9/10 on this occasion.

Haha, I'll give Rory's a higher mark than the double breasted get-up of Mogg

sola virtus nobilitat
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: July 24, 2018, 08:16:40 AM »

Double breasted is sneaking back into fashion!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: July 24, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »

Corbyn’s ability to hold Labour Remainers together whilst also pursuing a pretty hard Brexit is one of the remarkable political sub plots of our time.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: July 24, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »

"this endgame of competing impossibilisms"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/14/theresa-may-brexit-white-paper-zero-dark-thirty-moment

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: July 24, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »

New poll illustrates potential long term problem for the Conservatives.

2015 election strategy=absorbing liberalish middle class voters.

2017 strategy=absorbing working class UKIP/Labour voters.

Brexit and then the Brexit deal alienates both groups and nullifies either strategy.

LAB takes 4% lead with Opinium
LAB 40%=
CON 36%-4
LD 8%+1
UKIP 8%+5

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: