blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181100 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14775 on: October 21, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »

In terms of balance prob makes a difference that the main man moderator tells people to fuck off and his political sidekick is a drunken troll. Folk undoubtedly keep opposing views to themselves.

Just saying if you lay the economic argument on super thick there needs to be recognition of economic opportunity. Humanitarian issues is a different subject. 

So you think people should just accept your relentless ignorance?

Let’s look at just this post, although everything you post is pretty vulnerable to criticism.

1: Tighty and myself disagree about nearly everything politically.
2: I’m not really a troll and spend <1% of my life drunk.
3: I actively encourage people with different views to post, so does Tighty.

As always you’re wrong about nearly everything, mostly in ways we can provide evidence to establish a decent standard of proof. Number 2, we can’t but I’m not sure we need to ( the reasonable people can have my word on it) I personally think drunkenly abusing the trolls very occasionally is not so bad, there are certainly worse vices.

Interesting bit of self analysis

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: October 22, 2018, 04:45:10 AM »

But enough about me, tell me about your upbringing and life and how you formed your opinions?

Hi Kuku, you asked me about my life. Tell me about yours, I’m an open book but I’m interested to know about you......
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:49:32 AM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: October 22, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »

But enough about me, tell me about your upbringing and life and how you formed your opinions?

Hi Kuku, you asked me about my life. Tell me about yours, I’m an open book but I’m interested to know about you......

Good morning,

Usually I’d be from the Kevin Pietersen school of ‘talk about getting a man started on his favourite subject’, I’m a bit reluctant to go chapter and verse though. I grew up in South Wales, mum University lecturer, she grew up in very rough part of Swansea (her dad died when she was 4). Dad was a very well qualified microbiologist, who ended up in senior management in regulation of the water industry. His dad was high rank in the RAF, he lived all over Europe/UK as a kid. I formed my political opinions by reading extensively and observing politicians and the outcomes of their policies. I’ve worked in environmental regulation for most of the last 15 years, although I spent ~4 years travelling (mostly sailing) and a few years as consultant engineer. My favourite things to do are skiing and surfing. I’m a very accomplished skier but in spite of many hundreds of hours in the waves, I’m not much of a surfer, I still really enjoy it though and lots of my friends/ex gf’s are excellent surfers.

Maybe we could learn more about you? Maybe even a day of meet the Blonde Poker politics thread contributor?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »

Not surprised to find out your profession is tree-hugger mate..

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: October 22, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »

Not surprised to find out your profession is tree-hugger mate..

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: October 22, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »

So 95% of the deal now sorted

Just a couple of minor issues to resolve and then we’re away

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: October 22, 2018, 07:44:22 PM »

With the most cowardly deal possible?

No balls to hard exit, no balls to call it off, just the soft exit that fucks us and achieves nothing?

P.s. I think the 95% is based on points resolved, sounds like that last 5% is a huge Ireland shaped stumbling block. But don't worry TM is about to sell out a bit more to get that sorted.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: October 22, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »

With the most cowardly deal possible?

No balls to hard exit, no balls to call it off, just the soft exit that fucks us and achieves nothing?

P.s. I think the 95% is based on points resolved, sounds like that last 5% is a huge Ireland shaped stumbling block. But don't worry TM is about to sell out a bit more to get that sorted.

If it is that bad(im not arguing, as I haven't gone into it yet), then how pathetic are our respective politicians(on any side) that have failed to stand up and challenge TM ofr her position?

It strikes me that they are more interested in picking at the carcass of a bad/dead deal and making their name in the rebuilding/recovery phase of all this(if it is a bad thing, of c!).

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: October 23, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »

Dyson to make first electric car in Singapore.

- construction on plant begins this year

- UK, China and Malaysia were shortlisted

- more plants to follow in future

--

great news for UK ingenuity/tech/design Dyson, but the key Brexit business backer does not choose to site his new car factory manufacturing/assembly in the UK

Dyson say Singapore will be the factory site because supply chains close to customers necessary in car industry.

but how does that not apply to actual existing UK car factories with supply chains/ customers in EU for whom he claimed last week No Deal “will not change anything”?

Here are Dyson comments from last week having a go at companies that actually decided to make cars in the UK on their No Deal Brexit concerns:

http://www.cityam.com/265756/james-dyson-car-makers-complain-all-time-and-no-deal-brexit

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: October 23, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »

“UK is currently demonstrating how a country can make a fool of itself before the eyes of the entire world. What was once the most powerful empire on earth is now a country that can't even find its way to the door without tripping over its own feet.”

Wince.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-talks-watching-a-country-make-a-fool-of-itself-a-1234143.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: October 23, 2018, 03:48:56 PM »

Cheesy

"Brexiteers backing the Irish "backstop" last December reminds me of what Douglas Hurd said of the Maastricht Treaty:  "Now we've signed it - we had better go and read it."

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: October 23, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »

updating a regular series

"In hindsight was Britain right or wrong to vote to leave EU?"

Right 42% (+2)
Wrong 45% (-2)

Leavers 84% "right"
Remainers 88% "wrong"

Tories 70% "right"
Labour 66% "wrong"

18-24 59% "wrong"
65 yrs+ 65% "right"

YouGov Oct 15

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: October 23, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »

Is 95% of the Withdrawal Agreement really done, as the PM tells the Commons? Here’s what is still unsettled in a short Brexit list

HMG still needs to persuade the EU to accept its UK-wide Irish backstop, and dump their own NI-only version. This also means HMG defining the full UK backstop

Only half of it - the Temporary Customs Arrangement - is out there so far. What happens to the EU's rules and regulations during the backstop period (ie the very tricky bit for the DUP) is still undeclared

Devising a mechanism for the UK-wide Irish backstop to come to an end. The PM must be able to claim it really is temporary and the UK can escape from it

Agreeing how any transition extension would work, including costs and what happens to the Common Fisheries Policy during it. Scots Tories have a red line need for it to end by April 2021 in time for Holyrood election campaign

The domestic complication: all of above need full agreement from the whole of the Cabinet to stop any further resignations. PM may well lose a few along the way

And of course, once all that’s done and the Withdrawal Agreement is sorted, the detail of the Future Framework must be filled in. Only the headline areas have been agreed for it so far

According to Dominic Raab, ALL of that must be done “towards the end of November”. That’s 5 short weeks, with a Budget in the middle of it all. The odds on that? 

Above from Tom Newton Dunn.

cliffs: its not 95% done is it?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: October 23, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »

How to remove a Conservative leader. george eaton on the numbers the rebels need to oust May

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/10/how-remove-conservative-leader

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: October 23, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

UK's no deal Brexit prep:

Further action needed in 104/105 areas
UK-EU "mini deals" needed for over 25% of areas
UK trying to join 100s of international agreements
Fewer than 100 of 1k statutory instruments have been laid before MPs

https://esharp.eu/debates/the-uk-and-europe/the-uk-has-a-lot-to-do-to-be-ready-for-a-no-deal-brexit

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: