blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197498 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4200 on: June 28, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »

Having just seen Farage's performance in Brussels this morning you have to hand it to him. The fella isn't afraid to get stuck in and tell it how he see's it.

I've thought this for a while and even more so now, if Nigel Farage was the leader of either the Tory or Labour parties and was fighting their ideals and manifesto's both of those parties would be more popular. If you take away the unsavoury past and the racism does the actual way he fights for his party/Brexit endear him to his supporters in a way that the main party leaders don't?

I saw something yesterday that said the increase in value to the Brexit argument from Boris Johnson's involvement was about a 2% swing.

If you listed Farage's involvement in Brexit simply as politician A. Then listed a 22 year fight to get from a vote of under 1,000 in his first by-election to over 17 million voters agreeing with his view for the leave campaign last week isn't that an incredible political achievement from a man/Party with very little actual political clout?

Could he be seen as a big achieving politician that is Leader of a Party that has too many unappealing views to take them much further. If he was available to the Tory's or Labour to fight their principals for a football type transfer fee would he fetch a huge fee or be avoided at all costs?

** Just to make it clear, I didn't vote last week and have only ever voted Tory in any election so have no UKIP/Leave leanings here.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:37:01 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: June 28, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »

At last, the BBC showed a business that was happy to state that as a steel company producing 80% exports, now they can ditch the 30 pages of EU paperwork that accompanies every order, they can now actually concentrate on manufacturing, and get back to growing the company, which they now expect to expand.

Shame we only hear about the shit stuff.

PS. I saw the Farge Barage in the Euro parliament. Brilliant stuff.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: June 28, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

he doesn't give a fuck, got some front (and speaks for a lot of people, too)

Heard that live on the radio earlier, funny but I'm not sure poking them in the eye with a stick is the best idea  
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »

Having just seen Farage's performance in Brussels this morning you have to hand it to him. The fella isn't afraid to get stuck in and tell it how he see's it.

I've thought this for a while and even more so now, if Nigel Farage was the leader of either the Tory or Labour parties and was fighting their ideals and manifesto's both of those parties would be more popular. If you take away the unsavoury past and the racism does the actual way he fights for his party/Brexit endear him to his supporters in a way that the main party leaders don't?

I saw something yesterday that said the increase in value to the Brexit argument from Boris Johnson's involvement was about a 2% swing.

If you listed Farage's involvement in Brexit simply as politician A. Then listed a 22 year fight to get from a vote of under 1,000 in his first by-election to over 17 million voters agreeing with his view for the leave campaign last week isn't that an incredible political achievement from a man/Party with very little actual political clout?

Could he be seen as a big achieving politician that is Leader of a Party that has too many unappealing views to take them much further. If he was available to the Tory's or Labour to fight their principals for a football type transfer fee would he fetch a huge fee or be avoided at all costs?

** Just to make it clear, I didn't vote last week and have only ever voted Tory in any election so have no UKIP/Leave leanings here.

its a good point. He and Boris are brilliant populist politicians.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: June 28, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »

analysis by Iain Dale on Theresa May's chances in a leadership race:

http://iaindale.com/posts/2016/06/28/conservative-leadership-runners-riders-theresa-may

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4205 on: June 28, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »

Chris Evans (the MP) quits

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: June 28, 2016, 03:51:43 PM »

he doesn't give a fuck, got some front (and speaks for a lot of people, too)

Heard that live on the radio earlier, funny but I'm not sure poking them in the eye with a stick is the best idea  

Saw this earlier and thought it was hilarious. Certainly inappropriate, though a lot of truth to it. Was expecting him to mention to Juncker/democracy together...
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: June 28, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »

Noticed too that Osborne has let the dust settle a bit before being able to blame the next tax rises/spending cuts on the leave vote
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4208 on: June 28, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »

think he meant to say 'none of us' have ever worked a proper job, not none of you!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: June 28, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »

Nicola Sturgeon is incredible.

Most effective politician in the country by far. SNP replaced Salmond at exactly the right moment.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: June 28, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »

Just like Hitler in the 1930s he has tapped into the basest fears and prejudices of the population at a time of deep recession.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4211 on: June 28, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »

Is that our first post-Brexit Hitler reference ITT? Surely not.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »

This hits the nail firmly on the head.

Click to see full-size image.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: June 28, 2016, 05:15:21 PM »

Just like Hitler in the 1930s he has tapped into the basest fears and prejudices of the population at a time of deep recession.

Yr becoming a bit of a drama queen my old son. Even at the height of 2008s economic issues you can't compare the situation with 1930s Germany.  Not even close. Greece comes closer but all are issues are pretty first world to use a cliché, compared with then. Of course there are faint echoes. In addition, the shift in people's perceptions and actual votes as well as he increase in support for a Ukip thang comes at a time when we were far from in recession. The issue is much more complex and is about first world inequality. It's not base at all or connected specifically to prejudice. It's totally how it should be and it's a shame the mainstream parties don't address this..like, not ever

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: June 28, 2016, 05:20:33 PM »

Yr becoming a bit of a drama queen my old son. Even at the height of 2008s economic issues you can't compare the situation with 1930s Germany.  Not even close. Greece comes closer but all are issues are pretty first world to use a cliché, compared with then. Of course there are faint echoes. In addition, the shift in people's perceptions and actual votes as well as he increase in support for a Ukip thang comes at a time when we were far from in recession. The issue is much more complex and is about first world inequality. It's not base at all or connected specifically to prejudice. It's totally how it should be and it's a shame the mainstream parties don't address this..like, not ever

Wait until the next election, if the Tories don't deliver on immigration UKIP will lurch further to the right and become BNP lite.

They'll win 80+ seats in the NE, NW, Midlands, Essex and Kent.

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: