blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181081 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: July 29, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »

this is a good read for those of us who struggle to understand Corbynistas a bit

http://www.newstatesman.com/2016/07/jeremy-corbyn-and-paranoid-style

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: July 29, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »

this is a good read for those of us who struggle to understand Corbynistas a bit

http://www.newstatesman.com/2016/07/jeremy-corbyn-and-paranoid-style

Very good. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 29, 2016, 12:56:37 PM »

That's right just ignore the problem, I'm sure it will go away.

Brexit voters inspired these people and vindicated their beliefs.  Well done.

Tarring 17 million voters with the same brush as 200 idiots is no better than saying all Muslims are terrorists.

If you want to make a point about something stop making such sweeping statements. Maybe then people will take notice on the odd occasion that you write something of worth.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: July 29, 2016, 01:37:44 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/28/hinkley-point-c-should-the-18bn-nuclear-power-station-be-built

Can May back away from this deal at this late stage? And should she?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: July 29, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »

she probably feels that mid honeymoon period she loses no face walking away from it. her adviser was publically very cricitical of it in late 2015

The critical consensus seems to be that there are more practical, less grandiose alternatives to Hinkley Point which can come online quicker, and without exposing our energy infrastructure to foreign powers (trickier post Brexit, perhaps).

if the Government is prepared to review top-tier projects in which the previous administration was heavily invested, might we see a change of direction on HS2?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 29, 2016, 02:14:58 PM »

Thing that crossed my mind was the French wanting to play hard ball with us about Brexit, reckon this might get thrown into the negotiation pot some way or another as its a good bit of business for the French.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: July 29, 2016, 02:39:12 PM »

Tarring 17 million voters with the same brush as 200 idiots is no better than saying all Muslims are terrorists.

If you want to make a point about something stop making such sweeping statements. Maybe then people will take notice on the odd occasion that you write something of worth.

Look at the stats Tighty posted - 80% of leave voters disapprove of immigration.  That is 14 million people.  You seriously think that its just "200 idiots"?

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 29, 2016, 02:41:40 PM »

she probably feels that mid honeymoon period she loses no face walking away from it. her adviser was publically very cricitical of it in late 2015

The critical consensus seems to be that there are more practical, less grandiose alternatives to Hinkley Point which can come online quicker, and without exposing our energy infrastructure to foreign powers (trickier post Brexit, perhaps).

if the Government is prepared to review top-tier projects in which the previous administration was heavily invested, might we see a change of direction on HS2?

Send it round in circles, like a rail version of the M25

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: July 29, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »

Look at the stats Tighty posted - 80% of leave voters disapprove of immigration.  That is 14 million people.  You seriously think that its just "200 idiots"?

There's a big difference between disapproving of it and making racist attacks, I can see that as a remain voter, why can't you?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: July 29, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »

About three quarters of the uk population as a whole would like to see less immigration....

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-immigration-overall-attitudes-and-level-concern
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: July 29, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »

BUllshit.

These people needed no inspiration. They don't care about how others see them either.

It's time for people to get a grip and focus on where we are. You remind me of the numpties that walked around in the 80's wearing "Don't blame me, I voted Labour" shirts and badges.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: July 29, 2016, 03:19:12 PM »

There's a big difference between disapproving of it and making racist attacks, I can see that as a remain voter, why can't you?

It's rather weird to assume disapproving of immigration some how equates to racist attacks.

Tarring millions with the tag of racists due to a few hundred nut jobs is pathetic.

Doubleup really has lost the plot with his posts today.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: July 29, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »

I hope no one here smashed one of their European friends in the face after any pro-brexit posts

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: July 29, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »

I hope no one here smashed one of their European friends in the face after any pro-brexit posts

I've started using a razor all over my head, and ordered 3 pairs of 10 hole DMs.

Paul Golding, I'm coming for your job Grin

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: July 29, 2016, 05:13:58 PM »

I've started using a razor all over my head, and ordered 3 pairs of 10 hole DMs.

Paul Golding, I'm coming for your job Grin

I'm going full Aryan Brotherhood - got a swastika in marker pen on my face

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: