blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180469 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: December 10, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »

Sigh.

Click to see full-size image.

Barred? No.....

They will just have to earn the minimum threshold to get them a visa as with people from outside the EU. That is perfectly fair imo, they need to show they can support their spouse without the need for use of public funds. I'd even be tempted to put that number up for people that live in London, can't support much on that salary down there.

The rich telling the poor who they can or can't fall in love with.

£18k is hardly a difficult salary to get, work a full time job and some other part time work and you are there pretty easily. Apply for a fiancée visa, get married and 6 months later your other half can get a job on the next visa, her job then counts towards the £18k threshold. It really isn't that hard for anyone with an ounce of resourcefulness.

You are living in cloud cuckoo land.

£18,000 "is hardly a difficult salary to get"?

1.1 million people used food banks last year.

17m people in this country have not got savings of £100.

Complete contempt for people less well off than you.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: December 10, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

They will just have to earn the minimum threshold to get them a visa as with people from outside the EU. That is perfectly fair imo, they need to show they can support their spouse without the need for use of public funds. I'd even be tempted to put that number up for people that live in London, can't support much on that salary down there.

£18k is hardly a difficult salary to get, work a full time job and some other part time work and you are there pretty easily. Apply for a fiancée visa, get married and 6 months later your other half can get a job on the next visa, her job then counts towards the £18k threshold. It really isn't that hard for anyone with an ounce of resourcefulness.

If people want it enough most could go out there and get it if it was THAT important for their lives.

If they are that skint I doubt they would have travelled anywhere to have meet a foreign wife/husband. If they are already here they will highly likely to be able to stay anyway.

There simply has to be a threshold, you can't risk having people who can barely even support themselves bringing a spouse over and expecting the taxpayer to support them, I also do not want my taxes spent that way.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »

This is an absolute joke also, the guy has done nothing wrong. Waiting for camels justification and wailing about racists rant 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38265064
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: December 10, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

If people want it enough most could go out there and get it if it was THAT important for their lives.

If they are that skint I doubt they would have travelled anywhere to have meet a foreign wife/husband. If they are already here they will highly likely to be able to stay anyway.

There simply has to be a threshold, you can't risk having people who can barely even support themselves bringing a spouse over and expecting the taxpayer to support them, I also do not want my taxes spent that way.

Why let any of them stay?  Isn't the principle we want closed borders?  Why are we letting that slide for the well off?  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: December 10, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

Why let any of them stay?  Isn't the principle we want closed borders?  Why are we letting that slide for the well off?  

I don't really have a problem with people here already staying, others might. There just has to be a sensible threshold showing people can support themselves, you can argue about what that number should be, I think it's fine others obviously don't.

Closed border? Not in my view, just more selective....
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: December 10, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

I don't really have a problem with people here already staying, others might. There just has to be a sensible threshold showing people can support themselves, you can argue about what that number should be, I think it's fine others obviously don't.

The vast majority of immigrants could always support themselves.  So that can't be what people voted for?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: December 10, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

The vast majority of immigrants could always support themselves.  So that can't be what people voted for?

Your mixing up immigrants already here versus someone wanting to bring a spouse into the country, two different issues. That financial threshold is for someone wanting to bring a non EU spouse into the country and has been in place for many years already.

Anyway off the see the family now, catch up tomorrow...
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: December 10, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

The problem with the unemployed and low waged is they really don't want to get a well paid job.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: December 11, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »

a snapshot

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: December 11, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »

Labour MPs blame lack of clarity on Brexit for byelection result

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/labour-mps-blame-brexit-lack-clarity-sleaford-north-hykeham-byelection-result?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: December 11, 2016, 10:50:29 AM »

Brexit is breaking the Labour coalition

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/opinion/2368741/brexit-has-pitched-traditional-labour-voters-against-liberal-ones-the-party-will-die/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »

net favourability scores, released yesterday by comres

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: December 11, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »

Labour has been written off before, but could it really be finished this time?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-has-been-written-off-before-but-could-it-really-be-finished-this-time-a7467156.html

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: December 11, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

The vast majority of immigrants could always support themselves.  So that can't be what people voted for?

For me, it's about our needs as a country/economy and the ability to plan services/schools/housing etc.

I have no problem at all with controlled immigration to suit our economic needs.

It's not racist not to want an open door unlimited numbers entry from EU. It make little sense for our economy to have this type of immigration where we have no ability to structure it our needs.

It makes a lot more sense to say we need, for example, 150,000 workers in certain sectors of the employment market so that's what we'll allow over an agreed period of time.

Immigration is good for us if its planned and suits our needs. Basic common sense to me.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: December 11, 2016, 12:17:12 PM »

Sigh.

Barred? No.....

The vast majority of immigrants could always support themselves.  So that can't be what people voted for?

For me, it's about our needs as a country/economy and the ability to plan services/schools/housing etc.

I have no problem at all with controlled immigration to suit our economic needs.

It's not racist not to want an open door unlimited numbers entry from EU. It make little sense for our economy to have this type of immigration where we have no ability to structure it our needs.

It makes a lot more sense to say we need, for example, 150,000 workers in certain sectors of the employment market so that's what we'll allow over an agreed period of time.

Immigration is good for us if its planned and suits our needs. Basic common sense to me.

Your one of those 17 million filthy racists aren't you? I knew it  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: