blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99411 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2017, 11:18:41 PM »

Two Derby's in the play offs.

Will be laughing hard when hudders fuck it up. Cmon Wednesday!

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 08, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »

I know many will possibly disagree, but I just don't agree with the odds on who is to win the play-offs. I potentially feel as if Wednesday should be the favourites.

If I was to pick one team out of the four that I want to face over two legs, it would 100% be Huddersfield. Their form is not very good, their goal difference tells a story, they have a few injuries I believe and the goalkeeper sending off is absolutely crazy. There isn't many positives about Huddersfield, and Wednesday, who have beat them twice already this season, have got them in the semi's. I am very confident that we will beat Huddersfield in the Semi Final.

Then you look at Wednesday against Fulham on Sunday, Wednesday put out a much changed line-up and yet only lost by one goal with ten men. It is still a strong line up for the championship, but 10 changes was made from the last game.

As for Reading and Fulham, it's difficult. I thought all three teams 3rd,4th and 5th would be falling over themselves to avoid finishing 3rd. But not Reading, they was happy to win and finish 3rd. They are 3rd for a reason though and Stam must think they are capable of beating Fulham. Fulham are also letting goals in for fun too & surely Reading must be guaranteed a few opportunites/goals.

First time I've really been positive about Wednesday this season, as the build up can be prety drab throughout. But I genuinely think we will win the play-offs.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 08, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »

Fulham are our bogey team, I don't see Reading having a day at Wembley.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 08, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2017, 09:20:22 PM »

I don't know how people feel about this, but what about Huddersfield's team selection on game 45 v Birmingham?

I get that you need to look after your own team & so on, but just found it quite disappointing that he did it in that game, which meant a lot to 3 or 4 teams at that time. Could he not play full against Birmingham and weaker against Cardiff?

I think that result has definitely cost Blackburn their place & yes, they have been poor all season, but do they have a right to be angry about it?

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 14, 2017, 02:20:12 PM »

Well that wasn't pretty but classic Carvalhal tactics.

0-0 after away leg is a good result.

Huddersfield had a lot of possession but never really looked like scoring.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26:26 AM »

It was a good result. But I wouldn't go mad on it if I am honest. we went to an out of form team, with a few inuries and a suspension and we looked just as bad, was terrible. It wasn't our lack of attacking intent, it was our passing that just pee'd me off, never seen a team pass the ball as bad as we did today. I can't see how thing can particulary change that much going back to Hillsborough.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2017, 07:52:43 AM »

Watched most of both games and all four sides performed way below their best. Looked like they were all feeling the pressure to be honest. Wednesday should beat Huddersfield now, their players look shot after a long season with a small squad and they look to have lost confidence after the poor finish.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:27 AM »

It was a good result. But I wouldn't go mad on it if I am honest. we went to an out of form team, with a few inuries and a suspension and we looked just as bad, was terrible. It wasn't our lack of attacking intent, it was our passing that just pee'd me off, never seen a team pass the ball as bad as we did today. I can't see how thing can particulary change that much going back to Hillsborough.

I see your glass is half empty Aaron, that's a surprise :-)

Our passing wasn't great but the focus was clearly on being very strong in defence with 2 lines of 4 giving them little space in the last 3rd of the pitch. Defensively it was an excellent performance and that's what Carvalhal set his stall out to achieve.

Different proposition for the home leg. Would be good to see Hooper back from injury as he is important to how we play. We will be much more attack minded. Any win will do though, at this stage its about results not style.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 16, 2017, 09:05:24 AM »

Alan Pardew could be in line for a shock managerial return at Sheffield Wednesday http://dailym.ai/2pDS5OL 

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »

Alan Pardew could be in line for a shock managerial return at Sheffield Wednesday http://dailym.ai/2pDS5OL 

Patrick would be taking an unhealthy interest in SWFC if it were true :-)

This rumour was posted on Owlstalk in first week of April. It was posted by an unreliable guy though who claimed Pardew had already met the players (as if that would have happened).

Talk about Carvalhal leaving in summer to go back to his family in the summer sounds possible though.

Do you think papers ever traul fan websites and publish the nonsense posted on them as a rumour?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2017, 01:00:54 AM »

I think Carlos is going regardless of whether we go up or not, he chose the one year extension and hasn't signed a new one. I am pretty confident he will go.

Reading through tonight, which to me, isn't a huge surprise. I was never fussed about who we may potentially play in the final, as I thought we could beat both to be fair. Sadly, after the Huddersfield first leg result, I am fearing tomorrow. I can't see what changes we can make for us to have a lot more attacking intent and fear that if Huddersfield score first, that the atmosphere at Hillsborough will turn toxic & that's not good.

Here is to hoping to a win to nil, as Huddersfield haven't scored against us all season Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »

Reading then. defend well, but i struggle to think they are a better side than Fulham

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

Reading then. defend well, but i struggle to think they are a better side than Fulham

I think both Wednesday and Huddersfield are much happier at the prospect of facing Reading than Fulham in the final.  Gut feel is that whoever wins tonight will be the side ultimately promoted.  Would have said the opposite if Fulham had won.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:14 AM »

Well done Huddersfield, best team on the night won.

Other than 20 minutes in second half we were awful.

We should have took the game to Huddersfield instead of playing defensively, particularly tonight.

Carvalhal said Rhodes refused to take a penalty as he was not confident.

WTF would you spend £10m on a striker who bottles it when it really matters?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: