blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34441 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2015, 12:08:45 AM »

Comical quite in today's Times.

Raheem Sterling was asked what attracted him to City, as he signed a contract that will earn him £180,000 per week.

Ah come on Tikay!

Yes, he'll be getting paid very handsomely, just like every quality player in the PL. But I think it's about time the stigma attached with signing for City these days was dropped. The question isn't 'why would Sterling leave Liverpool for City?', it's 'why wouldn't he leave Liverpool for City?'. He can play Champions League football every year, have a genuine chance of winning medals, and hone his skills alongside the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero.

I'm not naïve, I'm sure he's licking his lips at earning so much money, but joining City at this moment in time means so much more than just an extra zero or 2 on your wage slip.

We had it with Nasri, where people questioned the move despite him winning bugger all at Arsenal, and then wins the double in his first season with us. We'll have it with Sterling, and probably other future signings, part and parcel of being filthy rich I guess, but if people dug a little deeper instead of towing the tired media line, they'd see just how appealing a move to Manchester is at present and beyond.

Good to have you back on UK soil btw Smiley

I totally agree. More importantly why would u ever want to play for lolapool apart from the fact you either a) are signing a pension ala milner with a club who pays over the odds who isn't a big club or b) using the club as a a stepping stone ala sterling/suar and also pays over the odds to get talent on board who they might be able to sell on at a profit?  That is the reality of the situation in 2015 whateve lolapool fans think.  

It is nice to not have to post the truth on the lolapool thread because they tilt so hard when they get told the truth.  They are 33/1 to win the epl.   They should probably be 500/1 in reality.  Only the mass mug followers are keeping the price that low, esp the asian mugs who really drive the price.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:17:05 AM by arbboy » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »

Comical quite in today's Times.

Raheem Sterling was asked what attracted him to City, as he signed a contract that will earn him £180,000 per week.

Ah come on Tikay!

Yes, he'll be getting paid very handsomely, just like every quality player in the PL. But I think it's about time the stigma attached with signing for City these days was dropped. The question isn't 'why would Sterling leave Liverpool for City?', it's 'why wouldn't he leave Liverpool for City?'. He can play Champions League football every year, have a genuine chance of winning medals, and hone his skills alongside the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero.

I'm not naïve, I'm sure he's licking his lips at earning so much money, but joining City at this moment in time means so much more than just an extra zero or 2 on your wage slip.

We had it with Nasri, where people questioned the move despite him winning bugger all at Arsenal, and then wins the double in his first season with us. We'll have it with Sterling, and probably other future signings, part and parcel of being filthy rich I guess, but if people dug a little deeper instead of towing the tired media line, they'd see just how appealing a move to Manchester is at present and beyond.

Good to have you back on UK soil btw Smiley

I totally agree. More importantly why would u ever want to play for lolapool apart from the fact you either a) are signing a pension ala milner with a club who pays over the odds who isn't a big club or b) using the club as a a stepping stone ala sterling/suar and also pays over the odds to get talent on board who they might be able to sell on at a profit?  That is the reality of the situation in 2015 whateve lolapool fans think.  

It is nice to not have to post the truth on the lolapool thread because they tilt so hard when they get told the truth.  They are 33/1 to win the epl.   They should probably be 500/1 in reality.  Only the mass mug followers are keeping the price that low, esp the asian mugs who really drive the price.

Oh dear, someone's been on the arguejuice again.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2015, 12:26:53 AM »

Come over to the Fantasy Premier League thread vouchboy and put your money where your mouth is there, then fill your team with Stoke journeymen and see how many points you get  
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2015, 12:52:37 PM »

Sky sources: Everton reject £20million from ChelseaFC for John Stones

terry's eventual replacement, i suppose, if they get him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/17/asamoah-gyan-shanghai-ghana-sunderland-controversy?CMP=share_btn_tw
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2015, 01:32:09 PM »

Fair play to the guy for maximising his income in an industry that so many employees get shafted by clubs relative to their talent.  If someone offered me £400k a year to work for betway or £70k to work for betfair or hills I know which I would choose.  It is just a job to so many of these guys like work is to the vast majority of wage slaves in the world who follow the wages.  Never understand why they get such bad press for doing what anyone else would do in any other profession.
degston77

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »

Stewart downing back to Middlesbrough.  Best transfer of the summer surely. Can't wait to see him back in a boro shirt.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »

I see egoboy is loving the sound of his own selfpraise again, someone tickle is belly roll him over and let him go back to sleep.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »

Sky Sources: @AVFCOfficial captain Fabian Delph having @MCFC medical. #SSNHQ

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »

Some very grumpy Midlands folk about, given he sent a "setting the record straight" message to the fans the other day.

Have to assume it's related to the Benteke departure.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »

Signed for 8m.  Surely going to be sitting on the bench ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
engy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »

Someone saying how it is at Liverpool really seems to upset liverpool fans.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »

Will Delph be the most hated footballer by one set of fans since Sol Campbell?

Why on earth would he even make that statement a couple of days ago?

Hasn't he seen what has happened to Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna?

Prediction: He will sit on the bench for Manchester City for 2 seasons and then leave having played 14 times (11 times as sub).

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »

Will Delph be the most hated footballer by one set of fans since Sol Campbell?

Why on earth would he even make that statement a couple of days ago?

Hasn't he seen what has happened to Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna?

Prediction: He will sit on the bench for Manchester City for 2 seasons and then leave having played 14 times (11 times as sub).

Not sure what Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna have to do with anything. Rodwell was a sicknote and couldn't get in the Sunderland team at the end of last season. Sinclair is just shit - hardly started when he was on loan for the season at WBA even when he was fit and only started 5 league games with Villa in the half season he was there. Sagna signed as a 31 year old cover for Zabaletta and started 8 games in the league and 3 games in the CL so can't see a problem with that.

Delph is in a different league certainly to Rodwell and Sinclair and a different class completely.  Let's not forget he is ahead of Milner for England at the moment and he has not been bought to City to just sit on the bench. He is competing with Fernando (shit) and Fernandinho (excellent but not getting any younger) and is pretty certain to get a reasonable amount of game time. Milner certianly did.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: